International Experience Canada

Old Jan 25th 2011, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

sinbad23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: International Experience Canada

Do not worry- I'm sure it will be delivered in the next couple of days
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by sinbad23
Do not worry- I'm sure it will be delivered in the next couple of days
It does say it can take a week to get delivered so I'm still within that I suppose. It's just really annoying that people who mailed there's after me have had their confirmation from the embassy already.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

enbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally got my proof of funds sorted today, now just got to get my police check and I can send it all off. Hopefully I'll be able to get everything in before all the visas get allocated!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 10:37 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr. Numbers
It seems as though it will have to be paid via wire transfer only. You'd have to go into a bank, or Western Union (or somewhere else, I think you can do it on certain websites now) and organise the payment to the Embassy using specific codes (that I'm presuming they'll give us those in the e-mail).

It's a complete pain in the arse but makes sense for the Embassy I guess as they won't have to give out their account details doing it this way. It's a way of keeping transactions anonymous for both parties (which is why we'll then have to forward proof of payment to them).

There's generally a fee on top of these payments too - expect to pay at least £20. Another warning - clearing these payments can take a number of days depending on who you use or what service you choose, so don't delay too much as you only have 10 days to actually make the payment, and make sure you clarify with the bank how long the fund transfer will take.

I'm still hoping it'll just be an easy online banking transaction! But they do keep mentioning the words "wire transfer"...
I'm quite happy to sort it out on the day of or after the email comes through but it says that you have to provide evidence of the transfer online so hopefully that will be via some sort of reference number and not having to scan and upload a copy of the receipt as that could be a real pain in the arse for me right now.

If there's a 20 quid fee for it then I'm quite happy to pay it as long as it gets there relatively quickly. When my girlfriend paid her fees to the Tokyo embassy last year though, that just had to be done via a referenced transfer in yen from a Japanese bank account.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

_Aidan_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I'm applying for IEC like many of you while I wait for my PR in Toronto. How have people been getting on with applying from Canada?

I'm going to send off for my police check tomorrow but it seems like a lot of hassle as they'll have to post it back to me here in Toronto and then I'll attach it to my application and send it to Paris.

Is this just what everyone has to do?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:32 am
Just Joined

veedeeplexagon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
I'm not planning to apply this year for this program, but the start of next year. Given that I hadn't heard of this until yesterday, there's still a lot I don't know!

I notice that, although it says you have to have been a resident in UK for the past 3 years, "an exception is made if the candidate is temporarily in a foreign country for studies or short-term work." I've been working in Japan for what will be three years in August, when I plan to leave. Would this count as short-term work? I've been on yearly contracts, which I have renewed twice.

Many Thanks!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 1:46 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

If you were on rolling JET, WHV, or student visas then you should be fine. If it was any other Japanese immigration category then probably not.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

YerManThere is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, i'm currently in vancouver on a year long Student Visa that i got through Bunac. Am i eligible to do another year on the non student option? Who should i go through to get this? Thanks for your help
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:30 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Has anybody who has received delivery confirmation from the embassy been asked to pay their participation fee yet?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 11:59 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I have a quick question.. my son's friend has applied and received the acknowledgement of receipt email from Paris. After the normal burble about it being forwarded to the UK office once preliminary acceptance has been made and payment received, it says that if he hasn't heard anything in 8 weeks he can send a case specific enquiry.

The office he has been directed to send the enquiry to is Ireland!

He is not Irish..

Has anyone else had this?

Old Jan 27th 2011, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by _Aidan_
Hello,
I'm applying for IEC like many of you while I wait for my PR in Toronto. How have people been getting on with applying from Canada?

I'm going to send off for my police check tomorrow but it seems like a lot of hassle as they'll have to post it back to me here in Toronto and then I'll attach it to my application and send it to Paris.

Is this just what everyone has to do?
ive sent mine off from Canada, im just outside Toronto in Oshawa, $35 to get it sent tracked and should take about a week so we will see how that goes. I sent it last Saturday
Old Jan 27th 2011, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YerManThere
Hey guys, i'm currently in vancouver on a year long Student Visa that i got through Bunac. Am i eligible to do another year on the non student option? Who should i go through to get this? Thanks for your help
Yes you are, but you cannot do it through Bunac, you have to apply directly to the IEC program
Old Jan 27th 2011, 2:59 am
Just Joined

veedeeplexagon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
If you were on rolling JET, WHV, or student visas then you should be fine. If it was any other Japanese immigration category then probably not.
Sweet, I am a JET so hopefully it'll be fine.

Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 5:40 am
Just Joined

YerManThere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Yes you are, but you cannot do it through Bunac, you have to apply directly to the IEC program
Is this them? I cant find where to apply?

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...spx?lang=eng#b
Old Jan 27th 2011, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

billyphatu will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by siouxie
I have a quick question.. my son's friend has applied and received the acknowledgement of receipt email from Paris. After the normal burble about it being forwarded to the UK office once preliminary acceptance has been made and payment received, it says that if he hasn't heard anything in 8 weeks he can send a case specific enquiry.

The office he has been directed to send the enquiry to is Ireland!

He is not Irish..

Has anyone else had this?

Yes, mine says the same. Who can guess the logic behind CIC operations?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.