IEC 2017

Old Dec 27th 2016, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

SheffieldRMN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2017

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
No. Because your letter of introduction was never issued, you are not considered a participant.
phew! Thank you for the reply.
Old Dec 28th 2016, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

imdsanj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC Background Questions Police ACRO

Hi everyone,

so i've submitted my application and paid. i selected "yes" to the background question and in the next section of the application i was asked for court reports detailing my convictions!

As i only got a warning and there was no court or anything like that i just uploaded a letter of explanation instead and said ive applied for the subject access in the letter too.

i'll let you know the outcome to help out anyone else who is in this situation.
Old Dec 28th 2016, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

flyinjam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!

Great tips and advice on this thread.

So, my girlfriend and I are planning on trying out Canada. She is able to apply for an IEC. The question I have about this is, once you are accepted online, how long do you have to come to Canada? And do the 12 months or 2 years start when you touch down?

Also, I'm 34 so can't apply for an IEC. I've seen discussed elsewhere on this forum, that once, for example, my girlfriend has received her work permit and gained employment at skill level O, A or B, then I would become eligible for a work permit as a Common Law Partner. We have been living together for 3 years with a joint mortgage and utility bills to prove it.

Can anyone confirm this is accurate, and if so, have more information on this process?

Many thanks
Old Dec 29th 2016, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flyinjam
Hi all!

Great tips and advice on this thread.

So, my girlfriend and I are planning on trying out Canada. She is able to apply for an IEC. The question I have about this is, once you are accepted online, how long do you have to come to Canada? And do the 12 months or 2 years start when you touch down?

Also, I'm 34 so can't apply for an IEC. I've seen discussed elsewhere on this forum, that once, for example, my girlfriend has received her work permit and gained employment at skill level O, A or B, then I would become eligible for a work permit as a Common Law Partner. We have been living together for 3 years with a joint mortgage and utility bills to prove it.

Can anyone confirm this is accurate, and if so, have more information on this process?

Many thanks
12 months to enter Canada after being approved.
Old Dec 29th 2016, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
12 months to enter Canada after being approved.
Unless you had a medical exam (to work in healthcare/with children, or had been to certain countries), in which case it's 12 months from date of medical.
Old Dec 29th 2016, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Chris, that's great to know.

Any input as into whether I would be eligible for a work permit as a common law partner under my girlfriend on a IEC visa?

Many thanks
Old Dec 29th 2016, 4:03 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flyinjam
Thanks Chris, that's great to know.

Any input as into whether I would be eligible for a work permit as a common law partner under my girlfriend on a IEC visa?

Many thanks

Only if you girlfriend gets a full time job in NOC codes 0, A or B as you have already said above.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 7:52 am
Just Joined

That's great, thanks for clearing that up beckiwoo. I just wanted to make sure that was definitely the case!
Old Dec 30th 2016, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

DevNinja is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a new passport recently. Should I upload scans of both with my supporting documents?

I'm thinking it cant hurt, and I flew to canada for a visit recently and the Immigration officer wanted to see both of them.
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year to you all ! New Year , new questions !

I am completely stuck on my sons IEC ITA so hoping of some help ! He is currently in college here but has only been so for four months.

Do I state that he is in post secondary education and if so want is the Canadian equivalent to a college degree (which he is currently studying in Computers). Is it a Non University Diploma? Thanks all ! Hope 2017 is great for your all !
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Victoria34
Happy New Year to you all ! New Year , new questions !

I am completely stuck on my sons IEC ITA so hoping of some help ! He is currently in college here but has only been so for four months.

Do I state that he is in post secondary education and if so want is the Canadian equivalent to a college degree (which he is currently studying in Computers). Is it a Non University Diploma? Thanks all ! Hope 2017 is great for your all !
A completed college degree is worth the same as a university degree in the uk - though there might be some bias towards different institutions
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DevNinja
A completed college degree is worth the same as a university degree in the uk - though there might be some bias towards different institutions
Thanks so much for the response.

He only just started the course four months ago so hasn't completed the degree yet. That's why I completely stuck ! It doesn't asked what degrees you have completed, just if you have had any post-secondary education. The options are PHD, Masters, Bachelor, non-university diploma, Secondary and Trade.

We are having to get him on the IEC as we are all going over to Canada but he is too old to be on our visa, so the plan is that he will look at Universities when he is out there and (hopefully) transfer to a student visa next year.

Thanks again !
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Victoria34
The options are PHD, Masters, Bachelor, non-university diploma, Secondary and Trade.
If this is your sons first time at college/ uni it will be a Bachelor degree.

And I think there is a checkbox on the webform to say the course is ongoing - from that I would guess CIC could tell how long he has been studying for
Old Jan 2nd 2017, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DevNinja
If this is your sons first time at college/ uni it will be a Bachelor degree.

And I think there is a checkbox on the webform to say the course is ongoing - from that I would guess CIC could tell how long he has been studying for
Thank you so much ! You have made a stressed out mum very happy ! There is indeed an 'ongoing' check box. I will put Bachelors Degree.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Lmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to behold
Default What do i need next?

Firstly happy new year to one and all !!!

(I used the IEC program)

I'm a little confused to what i need/to do now really. I currently had a Correspondence Letter saying my application to work in Canada has been approved and a permit to work will be issued to me when i arrive in Canada.

So my question really is what other documents do i need to get together because this seem a little small for something big?

Apart from looking for some where to live/work i feel this 1 sheet of paper is not enough :/

Is it enough?
Am i missing something?

Any advice or help given is greatly appreciated!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.