IEC 2017

Old Jan 3rd 2017, 10:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do i need next?

Hi, I'll move your post to our IEC thread, as we ask that all IEC related questions are kept together there. You can search the thread for info on what you'll need, but iirc it's the proof of insurance and proof of funds that are the most vital.

Good luck.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Lmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: IEC 2017

Sorry for posting in wrong section.

I did a search in this thread on iirc but only showed 4 post and 3 are the same the other is pointless..

iirc stand for? best way to get it and insurance?
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 10:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lmjt
Sorry for posting in wrong section.

I did a search in this thread on iirc but only showed 4 post and 3 are the same the other is pointless..

iirc stand for? best way to get it and insurance?
Iirc = if I recall correctly!

This page from the CIC website might also be useful - As an IEC participant, what documents do I need when I arrive in Canada?

HTH.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Lmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to beholdLmjt is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Iirc = if I recall correctly!

This page from the CIC website might also be useful - As an IEC participant, what documents do I need when I arrive in Canada?

HTH.
haha thank you that one is new to me :P

I just took a look on that link and as for proof of health insurance who is best to go with for this or where can i find legit people to get this with please?

I guess the letter of Introduction is my correspondence letter?

Thanks again.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

haha thank you that one is new to me :P

I just took a look on that link and as for proof of health insurance who is best to go with for this or where can i find legit people to get this with please?

I guess the letter of Introduction is my correspondence letter?

Thanks again.
The letter saying "your application to work or study has been approved" is variously known as a correspondence letter, a letter of introduction, and a POE letter.

If you're a UK citizen, most IEC participants use Alpha (cheapest) or True Traveler (more features, arguably better value for money). One of the biggest differences between them is if you want to spend time back home, Alpha limits the trips, but TT you can spend as long as you like.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
The letter saying "your application to work or study has been approved" is variously known as a correspondence letter, a letter of introduction, and a POE letter.

If you're a UK citizen, most IEC participants use Alpha (cheapest) or True Traveler (more features, arguably better value for money). One of the biggest differences between them is if you want to spend time back home, Alpha limits the trips, but TT you can spend as long as you like.
Thank you i will more than likely be going with TT they seem reasonable on a quick look now. So once i got Health Insurance im ready almost?
As i got my correspondence letter all ready (LOI)
Passport, proof of funds is no problem.

Return ticket im unsure if i should get one? As i don't know when i will be back but i have funds in bank to always get me back any way so why book a flight when i dont know the date i come back?

Just need to look for a job and a roof :P

Thanks for your reply
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need a return flight when you arrive, just funds to buy one (on top of the minimum $2500 - which is not enough for the first few months unless you can live exceptionally frugally, so take more, or get a job asap )
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

You don't need a return flight when you arrive, just funds to buy one (on top of the minimum $2500 - which is not enough for the first few months unless you can live exceptionally frugally, so take more, or get a job asap )
Yea i read some where a while ago the minimum was $2500 wasn't sure how accurate that was though but il have over £15,000GPB so will be enough for a bit?(i hope so anyway!) but the plan is to have a job for when i get there, i guess it no biggy if i dont but would be better i guess.

Thing im struggling with at the moment is.. When im looking for a job its then hard to find accommodation that reasonably priced near the work area, or its vice versa reasonable home then job is far away :/
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Yea i read some where a while ago the minimum was $2500 wasn't sure how accurate that was though but il have over £15,000GPB so will be enough for a bit?(i hope so anyway!) but the plan is to have a job for when i get there, i guess it no biggy if i dont but would be better i guess.

Thing im struggling with at the moment is.. When im looking for a job its then hard to find accommodation that reasonably priced near the work area, or its vice versa reasonable home then job is far away :/
Where you looking? Unless you have an unlimited budget, in Toronto for example, you're often going to have to sacrifice one or the other... if for nothing else other than how competitive the rental market currently is.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Where you looking? Unless you have an unlimited budget, in Toronto for example, you're often going to have to sacrifice one or the other... if for nothing else other than how competitive the rental market currently is.
Ive mainly look in area of New Foundland, Nova Scotia, Alberta and BC. Im open to any where not just them but like i say it hard getting something together.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 8:34 am
Just Joined

kingpenman1 is an unknown quantity at this point

If I've been given point of entry but don't come does that count as my participation? If that's the case is there no way round this?
Old Jan 4th 2017, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kingpenman1
If I've been given point of entry but don't come does that count as my participation? If that's the case is there no way round this?
Once a port of entry letter of introduction is issued, that counts towards your lifetime participations. Most countries (including UK) have a lifetime participation of 1, meaning you cannot get another. There is no way around this.

If you're just not sure at this point in life, lots of people fly out to activate, then go home, and have two years knowing they can up sticks to Canada if they want, say just for a ski season, or a summer.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Once a port of entry letter of introduction is issued, that counts towards your lifetime participations. Most countries (including UK) have a lifetime participation of 1, meaning you cannot get another. There is no way around this.

If you're just not sure at this point in life, lots of people fly out to activate, then go home, and have two years knowing they can up sticks to Canada if they want, say just for a ski season, or a summer.

Awk that was the plan but I've no got dough
Old Jan 4th 2017, 9:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by kingpenman1
Awk that was the plan but I've no got dough
Don't panic, you have a full year from the date on the letter to go and activate it, so plenty of time to save up and go later in the year.

HTH.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Don't panic, you have a full year from the date on the letter to go and activate it, so plenty of time to save up and go later in the year.

HTH.
Sorry mate, I should have explained clearer, I've essentially ****ed about for a year, my POE expires on February 2nd . I appreciate your reply though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.