IEC 2017

Old Dec 15th 2016, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2017

My sons ITA has just come through !!!!! So happy!!!! I owe this to CO!!! Thank you!!!
Old Dec 16th 2016, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Victoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond reputeVictoria34 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question ! We are filling out the online questions for the ITA and stuck with the Work History.

My son is a student here but has also had part time work in the past three years. Do we add the work history as well as stating his occupation is a student? Or do we just state 'Student'? Thanks !
Old Dec 16th 2016, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

1Mandem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Some info / questions I have about the work permit application process:

Police check:
The application for the APRO police certificate is pretty straightforward -
  • You can use your driving licence as one of your address documents
  • It can take a while to fill out your address history if you have lived in a lot of different places over the past 10 years. Maybe write this all down before you start your application
  • The 2 day service with next day tracked postage costs 89 pounds. Cheapest option is 45 and takes more like 10 days

Overseas police checks:
If you have lived in another country for 6 months you will need a police certificate from that country. I had a working holiday in Australia so need an Australian Federal Police check -
  • You need a few pieces of ID, and a printer / scanner or some photoshop skills
  • Costs about 45 aud for a standard (non-fingerprint) check. Does anyone know if I should have gone for the fingerprint option?.. From what I've read it used to be needed, but not anymore

If you were living in Victoria or Queensland while in Australia you also need a drivers licence check. A couple of questions - [LIST=1]
Is this needed even for a working holiday visa and a < 4 month stay in Victoria?

According to someone on another forum, quoted below is the best way to go about getting the drivers check -
VicRoads will mail you confirmation on a VicRoads letterhead that you have never held a Victorian licence and list any traffic infringements that may have occurred during your stay at no charge. The easiest way for VicRoads to arrange this is if you email the Licence Correspondence Team on [email protected]

In the email include the following:-
-A scanned copy of your passport.
-A detailed explanation of your request, eg. 'For my Canadian visa application, I need proof that while I was living in Victoria I have never attained a Victorian licence'.
-A list of all addresses you lived in while in Victoria.
-Your current contact information, phone number, address.
-How you would like VicRoads to send you this information. eg. via email (so that you can then upload this with your Australian Police Certificate, all in the same multi-page pdf with any other police certificates).
Proof of finances:

. < - snipped personal info but was asking about proof of funds - >

Everything else seems pretty clear I'll update if i find anything useful/ relevant

Peas

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 20th 2016 at 1:11 am. Reason: edit out personal info
Old Dec 17th 2016, 7:56 am
Just Joined

AmyStark is an unknown quantity at this point

Proof of finances:

< snipped personal info per above post

Everything else seems pretty clear I'll update if i find anything useful/ relevant

Peas
You don't need to upload evidence of $2500 as part of the application anymore. They check this when you arrive in Canada.

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 19th 2016 at 6:29 pm. Reason: per post above
Old Dec 17th 2016, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victoria34
I have a question ! We are filling out the online questions for the ITA and stuck with the Work History.

My son is a student here but has also had part time work in the past three years. Do we add the work history as well as stating his occupation is a student? Or do we just state 'Student'? Thanks !
Adding it in won't cause any problems.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 3:18 am
Just Joined

1Mandem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyStark
Proof of finances:

You don't need to upload evidence of $2500 as part of the application anymore, they check this when you arrive in Canada.
Cool thanks!
Old Dec 21st 2016, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

imdsanj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC Background Questions Police ACRO

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I've just been invited to apply for IEC 2017.

In the background question "Have you ever committed, been arrested for, been charged with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country/territory?" I initially selected "no" in the drop down menu, but after getting my ACRO police report it says "No Live Trace" meaning I have a stepped down record.

I was given a police warning for having a "pointed article in a public place" (basically had a kitchen knife in bag to make myself look cool) but when I selected the "no" option I as I read the notes it says if i'm charged in a court, which i wasn't.

I'm going to disclose all information of this. Its my only offence, committed when I was 15 in 2003 13 years ago, and i will get a subject access to go along with it, so i hope i'll be ok.

my questions are, am i right to have selected "no" in the background question section? should i go back and change that to "yes". Do i need a subject access? when i got the details on the phone from ACRO they said all i needed to do was write i solemnly declare this information is true and give an account of it, but other threads have said i need a subject access.

.... my application is due to be submitted in 8 days so im a little concerned i might miss the deadline.

Thanks everyone!
Old Dec 26th 2016, 8:49 am
Just Joined

gotocanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone, Merry Christmas to all!

I just have a quick question before I put myself in the pool. Does anyone have an idea of how they check how many working holiday visas someone has had? I have had two but they were 7 and 6 years ago, since then the system has changed multiple times and i even have a new passport. Is it worth applying? I was also sponsored after my WH visas expired.

Thank you
Old Dec 26th 2016, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gotocanada
Hi Everyone, Merry Christmas to all!

I just have a quick question before I put myself in the pool. Does anyone have an idea of how they check how many working holiday visas someone has had? I have had two but they were 7 and 6 years ago, since then the system has changed multiple times and i even have a new passport. Is it worth applying? I was also sponsored after my WH visas expired.

Thank you
CIC have these things called computers. Allegedly if you put someones names, dates of birth and citizenship into one of these it comes up with a list of people with those names. If they click on a name that matches exactly or very close they can see their Immigration history and any applications made and any documents issued and the type of document.
Old Dec 26th 2016, 9:51 am
Just Joined

gotocanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
CIC have these things called computers. Allegedly if you put someones names, dates of birth and citizenship into one of these it comes up with a list of people with those names. If they click on a name that matches exactly or very close they can see their Immigration history and any applications made and any documents issued and the type of document.
Thank you for your sarcasm, greatly appreciated, have a wonderful new year
Old Dec 26th 2016, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But I bet you it answered your question
If you participated in IEC before 2015 for a period of up to 12 months, you are eligible for a second participation of up to 24 months. Those who participated in IEC more than once before 2015 are no longer eligible to apply.
Find out if you’re eligible – International Experience Canada
Old Dec 26th 2016, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

As FL says. If you make yourself a profile, you may well get invited to apply for a WP. But the WP will be refused after you go through the effort and expense of making the full application.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Dec 26th 2016 at 4:23 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2016, 5:43 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

He (FL) did make a valid point though...
Old Dec 27th 2016, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

SheffieldRMN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
But I bet you it answered your question
If you participated in IEC before 2015 for a period of up to 12 months, you are eligible for a second participation of up to 24 months. Those who participated in IEC more than once before 2015 are no longer eligible to apply.
Find out if you’re eligible – International Experience Canada

Must ask now for peace of mind or disappointment!....... I applied last year and got as far as CAD being requested for the IEC participation but due to certain circumstances I was unable continue at this stage. Does this or would this affect my current application decision or would I be classed as a first timer again as I never got as far as the WP being offered?

Thanks
Old Dec 27th 2016, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SheffieldRMN
Must ask now for peace of mind or disappointment!....... I applied last year and got as far as CAD being requested for the IEC participation but due to certain circumstances I was unable continue at this stage. Does this or would this affect my current application decision or would I be classed as a first timer again as I never got as far as the WP being offered?

Thanks

No. Because your letter of introduction was never issued, you are not considered a participant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.