IEC 2017

Old Dec 9th 2016, 6:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2017

Originally Posted by Smug
Hi guys, sorry for the question but if I get into the pools now, it'll be some time before I'll (have a chance to) be selected, right? I just want to make sure that it's okay for me to apply now before I actually have all the stuff that the website asks of you (the funds, etc). I don't wanna apply and then get selected in 2 weeks when I'm not ready haha.
If you apply now, you could be selected anytime. You do get 10 days to accept/reject the ITA, and then a further 20 to provide your supporting docs and apply for the visa, but if you're not ready then I wouldn't apply just yet, in case you are selected tomorrow!
Old Dec 9th 2016, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Smug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If you apply now, you could be selected anytime. You do get 10 days to accept/reject the ITA, and then a further 20 to provide your supporting docs and apply for the visa, but if you're not ready then I wouldn't apply just yet, in case you are selected tomorrow!
Thanks for the quick and helpful response! I'll hold off until I've got everything in order, then.

This next one's just sort of a general question, but how much money do you guys plan on taking with you? The site asks for at least $2,500 but I was thinking of bringing quite a bit more just for the extra security.

Last edited by Smug; Dec 9th 2016 at 4:09 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 8:16 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smug

This next one's just sort of a general question, but how much money do you guys plan on taking with you? The site asks for at least $2,500 but I was thinking of bringing quite a bit more just for the extra security.
Take as much as you can - Canada is expensive
Old Dec 9th 2016, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

AmyStark is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum, just to let you know I received my invite to apply for a permit yesterday. I applied on 25th October, quite exciting.. is this the best thread to ask general questions in?

Any help/advice appreictaed.

Amy
Old Dec 9th 2016, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Mobius1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on receiving your invite Amy, I've just received mine too!

I have a question for the people who have proceeded through the application part already....

Can you give a brief overview of the documentation required to complete the application? I know there are police checks, a family form and a potential medical required. I have 9 days to accept my invite but I am away for 16 days after that so will only have 4 days to complete my application when I return.

If there's anything I need that isnt made obvious on the website I need to get it sorted ASAP before I accept the application.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mobius1988
Congratulations on receiving your invite Amy, I've just received mine too!

I have a question for the people who have proceeded through the application part already....

Can you give a brief overview of the documentation required to complete the application? I know there are police checks, a family form and a potential medical required. I have 9 days to accept my invite but I am away for 16 days after that so will only have 4 days to complete my application when I return.

If there's anything I need that isnt made obvious on the website I need to get it sorted ASAP before I accept the application.
Hey,

I have not actually accepted the invitation yet, I was going to do it sometime next week, I applied for IEC on a bit of a whim and so I was surprised to receive an invite so soon, so I wanted some time to think about it.

To be honest I really am not sure what you need to complete the application, I have just looked at the CIC website and it lists several things; CV/Resume, passport, a digital photo and the aforementioned police certificate. From my research it is my understanding that if the police certificate has yet to arrive then you can just submit evidence of having applied for one. It seems that UK nationals generally don't need a medical unless they're working in certain jobs; like hospitals or with children etc.

I wasn't really sure with the whole invitation letter procedure, if we accept the invite next week, does that mean that we have twenty days from the day we actually accept the invite, or is it twenty days from the day we received it, ie yesterday? I mean CIC says "After you press the button “Start Application” in your account, you have 20 days from that day, regardless of
whether you accept on day 1 or 10, to complete, pay and submit the work permit application." This seems pretty self explanatory, but I have been mistaken in such circumstances before.

Thanks, and enjoy your time away, going anywhere exciting?
Old Dec 9th 2016, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I have posted this before ...

Application process at a glance – International Experience Canada

S
Old Dec 9th 2016, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Thank you, I have already got this downloaded, it's very helpful! I just wanted confirmation that I has understood the work permit time correctly.

I've already got this handy little PDF, highly recommend it to those confused about the process!

xD

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 9th 2016 at 10:49 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Mobius1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyStark
Hey,

I have not actually accepted the invitation yet, I was going to do it sometime next week, I applied for IEC on a bit of a whim and so I was surprised to receive an invite so soon, so I wanted some time to think about it.

To be honest I really am not sure what you need to complete the application, I have just looked at the CIC website and it lists several things; CV/Resume, passport, a digital photo and the aforementioned police certificate. From my research it is my understanding that if the police certificate haseems that UK nationals generally don't need a medical unless they're working in certain jobs; like hospitals or with children etc.

I wasn't really sure with the whole invitation letter procedure, if we accept the invite next week, does that mean that we have twenty days from the day we actually accept the invite, or is it twenty days from the day we received it, ie yesterday? I mean CIC says "After you press the button “Start Application” in your account, you have 20 days from that day, regardless of
whether you accept on day 1 or 10, to complete, pay and submit the work permit application." This seems pretty self explanatory, but I have been mistaken in such circumstances before.

Thanks, and enjoy your time away, going anywhere exciting?
Looks like you've got all of the information correct...this is also my understanding of how it works. I'm waiting until 1 day before my application expires to accept it to give me more time to get the police check.

Getting those documents together should be easy enough, I'm just very nervous about not knowing about some kind of evidence i will need and accidentally leaving it at home when im away and cant access it haha.

I'm actually going to Canada! Meeting my girlfriends family for the first time (She's actually Canadian) and spending xmas/new year with them!

Well, if you are not 100% sure you want to go and work in Canada you could always invest the cost of getting the police check and paying for the application and then decide over the next year. Once you receive a work permit you have 12 months to activate it!
Old Dec 10th 2016, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Louieg93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC for graduate ?

Hello !

I am a recent business graduate currently taking a work placement in Sainsbury's the UK's 2nd biggest retailer as a buyer.

I have visited Canada on a number of occasions and really feel that I would like to experience life in Canada with the prospect of returning in the future permanently.

I have looked into IEC visas, as from my understanding this can offer me 2 years to work in Canada, however from the "student/graduate" websites it appears the only jobs everyone gets is in agriculture and hospitality, and the main reason I would like to do it is to experience my career on a global scale and learn more about international business as well as to complete French language development which I am currently undergoing.

Is anyone aware of the IEC visa being used to gain a "career" job rather than working at a ski resort ect ? I realise that many employers may not want to employ someone on a temporary visa but I want to check if it is possible that I can do it.

Thanks
Old Dec 10th 2016, 8:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC for graduate ?

On the IEC you can work in any job (other than ones that require you to be a citizen or PR i.e. Government jobs). You can do casual work, or a career job, or anything in between. Just get a wiggle on and apply - the sooner you're in the pool the more chance you've got of getting a visa in the lottery!

I'll move this to the IEC thread, where lots will be able to advise, and you can also search the forum for threads from previous IEC participants.

HTH.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC for graduate ?

Originally Posted by Louieg93
Hello !

I am a recent business graduate currently taking a work placement in Sainsbury's the UK's 2nd biggest retailer as a buyer.

I have visited Canada on a number of occasions and really feel that I would like to experience life in Canada with the prospect of returning in the future permanently.

I have looked into IEC visas, as from my understanding this can offer me 2 years to work in Canada, however from the "student/graduate" websites it appears the only jobs everyone gets is in agriculture and hospitality, and the main reason I would like to do it is to experience my career on a global scale and learn more about international business as well as to complete French language development which I am currently undergoing.

Is anyone aware of the IEC visa being used to gain a "career" job rather than working at a ski resort ect ? I realise that many employers may not want to employ someone on a temporary visa but I want to check if it is possible that I can do it.

Thanks
No it isn't the only job people get. That said, it's obviously highly competitive and in most situations lack of Canadian experience can make things difficult. Network network network, sign up with recruitment agents and... network network network
Old Dec 11th 2016, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Theprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond reputeTheprestige94 has a reputation beyond repute

I know its been said by christmasoompa on my own thread but I have submitted my IEC. As i was doing it the declaration stated that my dependants would have to submit their own.

Would they have to if we had no intention of my wife working? My son is 4 months old also so i would hope I didn't have to fill one for him.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theprestige94
I know its been said by christmasoompa on my own thread but I have submitted my IEC. As i was doing it the declaration stated that my dependants would have to submit their own.

Would they have to if we had no intention of my wife working? My son is 4 months old also so i would hope I didn't have to fill one for him.
If they are just accompanying you then no need to do anything. They simply travel over with you. Make sure passports are valid for at least 2 years when arriving and that you have applied foe the eTA.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat075 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone work in the music or gaming industry in the Vancouver area

So i've been sorting some stuff out and i've decided to apply for the working holiday visa, is there a deadline for the 2017 program? i can't find any info on it.

I've come across a question but not sure what to put, the question is: "Are you registered at a college or university in your country of citizenship?" does this mean current students? as i studied a degree from 2011-13.

Also your passport needs to be valid for at least 2 years, mine expires October 2017 (i've already applied to renew it) should i wait until i receive my new passport to fill in the section requiring passport details? i was thinking this may effect my chances of getting an invitation if they see it expires next year? or is that not relevant?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.