IEC 2013

Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

filter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2013

Does the proof of funds have to be in Canadian dollars or will pound sterling be all right since I wouldn't be able to open a Canadian bank account till i'm in the country
Also to get the permit at Toronto Airport, do you get it at passport control?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:45 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by filter
Does the proof of funds have to be in Canadian dollars or will pound sterling be all right since I wouldn't be able to open a Canadian bank account till i'm in the country
Also to get the permit at Toronto Airport, do you get it at passport control?
Pounds is fine show a bank statement. When I went over I had a bank statement from the teller I think it has to be stamped as well just don't get a statement from the cash machine.

You get your work permit from immigration center in the airport. In Calgary it's just after you meet the first IO.

Remember your travel insurance.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:47 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by charliepancake
Hi everyone! i was in the 3rd round, and pressed sumbit more then once making my WTN jump from 4000 to late 7000's. i got my payment eventually and today FINALLY got my POE!!! felt like its been one roller coaster of a year with this application, however i do have a question.

this is my second IEC, when i return to canada do i need a new SIN number or keep the one i had from last year?
If you still have your card then take it with you and they'll use the same number and send you a new card with a new expiry date. That's what I did.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:48 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Pounds is fine show a bank statement. When I went over I had a bank statement from the teller I think it has to be stamped as well just don't get a statement from the cash machine.

You get your work permit from immigration center in the airport. In Calgary it's just after you meet the first IO.

Remember your travel insurance.
Remember to get insurance that allows you to work and covers repatriation as well as medical cover.

Gap year, backpacker and long stay insurance normally cover all 3.

Old Sep 25th 2013, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

Just wondering, does my girlfriend need to take her driving license and counter part to service Canada to have this changed to a canadian one? Would we be able to do this whilst getting our SIN numbers? We fly next Sunday so I'm just trying to get 100% everything I need to know. Thanks!
Old Sep 25th 2013, 5:32 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by TeddiSam
Just wondering, does my girlfriend need to take her driving license and counter part to service Canada to have this changed to a canadian one? Would we be able to do this whilst getting our SIN numbers? We fly next Sunday so I'm just trying to get 100% everything I need to know. Thanks!
1. Driver's licenses are not issued by Service Canada, but by the Motor Vehicle Branch in you province of destination.
2. You will have to check to see how long she can drive on her UK license. For example in BC a visitor can use their home license for 6 months.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Driver's licenses are not issued by Service Canada, but by the Motor Vehicle Branch in you province of destination.
2. You will have to check to see how long she can drive on her UK license. For example in BC a visitor can use their home license for 6 months.
I think it's 3 months but she wants to change it straight away anyway.. Thanks for your help
Old Sep 25th 2013, 6:07 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's 3 months but she wants to change it straight away anyway.. Thanks for your help
Every Province and Territory issue their own drivers licences, there is no 'Canadian' drivers licence.

She will need to show proof that she has held a full licence for at least 2 years in order to exchange her licence. If you click on the Province on the CIC website, it will take you to the right page for details exchanging the licence (look for newcomers/reciprocal).

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca....aspx?lang=eng

Ontario is 60 days, other Provinces are between 2 and 6 months.

Old Sep 25th 2013, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Every Province and Territory issue their own drivers licences, there is no 'Canadian' drivers licence.

She will need to show proof that she has held a full licence for at least 2 years in order to exchange her licence. If you click on the Province on the CIC website, it will take you to the right page for details exchanging the licence (look for newcomers/reciprocal).

That is very helpful thanks so much! What is sufficient proof that she has had it for 2 years? Just the licence and counterpart?
Old Sep 25th 2013, 6:34 pm
Banned

That is very helpful thanks so much! What is sufficient proof that she has had it for 2 years? Just the licence and counterpart?
You are very welcome.

It depends on the Province, so best to check on their website what they accept. If she can get confirmation from her insurers that she has not made any claims it will help to reduce the insurance costs too.

You can read more here: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...surance-Canada

Old Sep 25th 2013, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Okay thanks I'll have a red of that now
Old Sep 28th 2013, 8:25 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

If Canadians come over here do they have to apply for a UK license if they intend to live over here?

How much is it to transfer your license generally?
Old Sep 29th 2013, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

So do we have any idea when the 2014 iec will be open? Just because I am leaving my laptop here in England for my dad so will be buying a new one to apply again but don't know whether to get one as soon as I get there or wait till after Christmas sales?
Old Sep 29th 2013, 10:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
If Canadians come over here do they have to apply for a UK license if they intend to live over here?

How much is it to transfer your license generally?
Yes.

It depends on the Province you are moving to.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hugo_Strange is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry if this has been asked a million times previously, I will be leaving for Canada in the next week and just have a question about proof of funds.

I have asked hsbc to send me a statement but they have said it is going to take 5-7 working days which means it will not arrive in time, can I get a statement from my branch which shows my balance and does it need to be stamped by them as well?

Last edited by Hugo_Strange; Oct 1st 2013 at 7:38 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.