IEC 2013

Old Aug 30th 2013, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of
Default Re: IEC 2013

What else can I do from England apart from work crazy hours andn save money.. Would the week before I leave here be okay to do my travel insurance? Just my parents are paying that but only get paid the week before I leave. Also how do I go about the driving license, for my girlfriend not me. Does she need both parts of her license to change over?
Old Aug 30th 2013, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeddiSam
What else can I do from England apart from work crazy hours andn save money.. Would the week before I leave here be okay to do my travel insurance? Just my parents are paying that but only get paid the week before I leave. Also how do I go about the driving license, for my girlfriend not me. Does she need both parts of her license to change over?
Insurance just has to be valid and covering repatriation back to the UK. As for your g/f licence which Province?Territory as they all vary. Is she on an IEC or just accompanying you?
Old Aug 30th 2013, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Insurance just has to be valid and covering repatriation back to the UK. As for your g/f licence which Province?Territory as they all vary. Is she on an IEC or just accompanying you?
Okay so I can do my insurance in a couple of weeks and it won't go up like flights do closer the time. And she is on an IEC too and Red Deer, Alberta for the driving licence?
Old Aug 30th 2013, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeddiSam
Okay so I can do my insurance in a couple of weeks and it won't go up like flights do closer the time. And she is on an IEC too and Red Deer, Alberta for the driving licence?
Read this re Alberta driving licences as they have a reciprocal agreement with the UK for swapping over licences

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/Drivers_Licence.cfm
Old Aug 30th 2013, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Read this re Alberta driving licences as they have a reciprocal agreement with the UK for swapping over licences

http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/Drivers_Licence.cfm
Thank you!
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Katec19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I apologise if this is repeated someone else but I am struggling to find a clear answer.

How recent does the criminal record that you submit with an IEC application have to be? I've read both within the last 3 months of submitting, and 12 months.

Would be great if someone could answer this. Thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 2:00 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

3 but people have submitted older ones and mentioned it here.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

twctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nice

Hi All,

I've received conditional acceptance from the IEC for a 1yr working visa (which would be my 2nd) but when I try to obtain the checklist on CIC to apply for the IEC working visa, it doesn't provide the option of applying. Only when stating that my current residence is the UK does the option appear (when I am actually resident in Canada). Has anyone else had this problem? I don't want to proceed having stated that I am currently resident in the UK as this is false, but is it possible to apply whilst in Canada? I'm currently on a visitor visa in Canada waiting for a PR common law outland application, but was hoping to get my 2nd year IEC as a stopgap. Any advice would be great.

Thanks.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by twctopcat
Hi All,

I've received conditional acceptance from the IEC for a 1yr working visa (which would be my 2nd) but when I try to obtain the checklist on CIC to apply for the IEC working visa, it doesn't provide the option of applying. Only when stating that my current residence is the UK does the option appear (when I am actually resident in Canada). Has anyone else had this problem? I don't want to proceed having stated that I am currently resident in the UK as this is false, but is it possible to apply whilst in Canada? I'm currently on a visitor visa in Canada waiting for a PR common law outland application, but was hoping to get my 2nd year IEC as a stopgap. Any advice would be great.

Thanks.
If you have received your letter of invitation from CIC then you need to take a trip to the nearest border crossing to get issued with the work permit. Take the letter of invitation and your passport. You cannot apply online for the work permit.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

twctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nicetwctopcat is just really nice

If you have received your letter of invitation from CIC then you need to take a trip to the nearest border crossing to get issued with the work permit. Take the letter of invitation and your passport. You cannot apply online for the work permit.
I have only received acceptance at the first stage (by IEC), I have not received my LOI - now I have to submit the forms to CIC for stage 2 (which is done online). It is this stage that I am querying as I know many people have applied for second years while still resident in Canada but I was wondering how this issue was addressed.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:10 am
Just Joined

leeincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

hello peoples! i just need some confirmation on something any help would be greatly appreciated! SSSOOO

I have received my POE from the CIC on the 4th of June. I have put the code into my IEC kompass account also, however, the final two stges on my IEC kompass still to this date have not upated and read Immigration assesment: pending and Final decision: Pending. What does this mean? As i have read on this that once i receive my POE I am good to go? What must I do for the IEC to update? please help Thank youu in advance

Also is the CIC file number required for the IEC kompass the number that comes under APP # on the CIC account?

The letter i received from the CIC was the "POE Introduction Letter" is this the right thing?

Last edited by leeincanada; Sep 9th 2013 at 10:14 am.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by leeincanada
hello peoples! i just need some confirmation on something any help would be greatly appreciated! SSSOOO

I have received my POE from the CIC on the 4th of June. I have put the code into my IEC kompass account also, however, the final two stges on my IEC kompass still to this date have not upated and read Immigration assesment: pending and Final decision: Pending. What does this mean? As i have read on this that once i receive my POE I am good to go? What must I do for the IEC to update? please help Thank youu in advance

Also is the CIC file number required for the IEC kompass the number that comes under APP # on the CIC account?

The letter i received from the CIC was the "POE Introduction Letter" is this the right thing?
You are now free to go to Canada and look for work.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 2:02 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leeincanada

It took my ICE page about 4/5 weeks to update.
Old Sep 11th 2013, 5:48 am
Just Joined

RyanC741 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Would love some help with this if anybody knows...

I was on the reserved list of the third round, Got an Email a few days ago asking me to make the payment, which I did right away.

I received an Email from IEC saying that my proof of payment has insufficient details, Because im currently in Canada I had to speak with UK telephone banking to make the payment to IEC. I asked for the receipt but they said they would have to post it which is no good as unfortunately I have to upload proof by this friday or application will by rejected for certain, I just sent a screenshot hoping this would be ok.

Does anybody know how i can get the receipt from the UK bank with all the info needed when i'm already in Canada?
Old Sep 11th 2013, 2:08 pm
Weegie in Calgary

Scan it from friends/parents in the uk?

HSBC may be able to print out if you are with them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.