IEC 2013

Old Oct 24th 2013, 2:05 pm
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
If you have a 2 year work visa then you shouldn't need to apply again for IEC 2014...?!

True, But I wanted to check if anyone was in same situation as me... I don't want to get into any bother
Old Oct 28th 2013, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

So the only id I have with me here in Canada is my passport but don't wanna be carrying that round with me, how do I get some form of id?
Old Oct 28th 2013, 7:16 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeddiSam
So the only id I have with me here in Canada is my passport but don't wanna be carrying that round with me, how do I get some form of id?
It would depend on which Province you are living in.

In Ontario, for instance, you could apply for a non-drivers photo card.

http://www.ontario.ca/government/ontario-photo-card

You could apply for a beginners drivers licence (in most of the Provinces/Territories) and use that?

Old Oct 28th 2013, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Most Provincial Liquor boards provide ID options for those that don't have a driving licence.
Old Nov 2nd 2013, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

IrishGuyAbroad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice. I participated in the IEC in 2011. Since then myself and partner have had a daughter. Weve been looking at going back out to Canada again in 2014. We are both eligible for IEC again, and from what I remember from last year, it is possible to bring a dependent out on an IEC, is this still the case?

I am a Greenkeeper by trade (which I worked at on my 2011 IEC), and I have recognised qualifications in Golf Course Management. I've been told by contacts out there that I would easily get a good job out there but my main worry is what happens after IEC. I would hope to get a job on the IEC for 2 years and hopefully in that time do enough to convince an employer to help me with the TWP and LMO etc. Is this a realistic proposition? Has anyone who has gone out on IEC managed to stay on with a TWP and even PR?
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question for anyone that may know.

I understand that if you get a new IEC visa then it voids your previous one. For example, I haven't yet activated my 2013 IEC, but want to apply for a 2014 IEC.

At what point in the process does the invalidation happen? I know that 2014 applications should be opening *sometime* soon (as early as next month). If I applied and was accepted on the program would that mean my previous visa was invalidated immediately, or is only when you've gone through with the second part with CIC that gives you your work permit that this would happen?

I hope I've explained my question clearly enough! Thanks to anyone that might know the answer.
Might have to hop down to the border earlier than anticipated.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Quick question for anyone that may know.

I understand that if you get a new IEC visa then it voids your previous one. For example, I haven't yet activated my 2013 IEC, but want to apply for a 2014 IEC.

At what point in the process does the invalidation happen? I know that 2014 applications should be opening *sometime* soon (as early as next month). If I applied and was accepted on the program would that mean my previous visa was invalidated immediately, or is only when you've gone through with the second part with CIC that gives you your work permit that this would happen?

I hope I've explained my question clearly enough! Thanks to anyone that might know the answer.
Might have to hop down to the border earlier than anticipated.
Your current TWP has an expiry date. Any new work permit will also have an expiry date. The expiry date is all that matters as neither cancels each other out.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Your current TWP has an expiry date. Any new work permit will also have an expiry date. The expiry date is all that matters as neither cancels each other out.
Oh really? I'm sure I read somewhere that if you get a new one, it invalidates the old one. Perhaps I'm just making that up then.

Thanks for the response! I was worried about having to rush down to the border!
Old Nov 8th 2013, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Oh really? I'm sure I read somewhere that if you get a new one, it invalidates the old one. Perhaps I'm just making that up then.

Thanks for the response! I was worried about having to rush down to the border!
So a person gets a job with company A and work permit is valid for 12 months.
After 10 months he gets a job with company B and gets a new work permit valid for 12 months.
Both work permits are still valid until they expire.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

The thing is... I still haven't activated my LOI/POE Intro from 2013, I'm currently in Canada as a visitor. So I can have two LOIs and I can go to the border to get my full TWP on either of them up til the end of their validity? Having one for 2014 doesn't affect the one from 2013?

Sorry if that's exactly what you're saying, I just want to make doubly sure I'm understanding!

---
Update on the IEC website:

Canada is preparing for the launch of the IEC initiative for the 2014 application year. At present, Canada is negotiating the 2014 quota levels with foreign countries. Once quotas are confirmed for 2014, Canada will be in a position to indicate the opening date for the IEC initiative in all 32 countries, including with the UK. Please visit us regularly at www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca.

Last edited by KuroKuro; Nov 9th 2013 at 4:18 am.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 7:56 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

*Reference to above (as it wouldn't let me re-quote the quote)

Hopefully they will increase the quota - have they ever lowered the quota before in previous years?
Old Nov 9th 2013, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

So if i wanted to get a job in childcare now that i am already in Canada.. What do i need to do?
Old Nov 9th 2013, 5:10 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

So if i wanted to get a job in childcare now that i am already in Canada.. What do i need to do?
You would need to make an appointment with a panel physician for an 'up front' medical and then go to the border and apply for a work permit with the restrictions lifted (or apply online).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...exams-temp.asp

Old Nov 9th 2013, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You would need to make an appointment with a panel physician for an 'up front' medical and then go to the border and apply for a work permit with the restrictions lifted (or apply online).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...exams-temp.asp

That sounds like a lot of work.. I think in the 2014 IEC I'll just state the childcare and start that job in October if i get the next IEC. Thank you anyway
Does the medical expire or could i book in for it now so it is ready when the next permits open?

Last edited by TeddiSam; Nov 9th 2013 at 5:29 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 5:32 pm
Banned

That sounds like a lot of work.. I think in the 2014 IEC I'll just state the childcare and start that job in October if i get the next IEC. Thank you anyway
Does the medical expire or could i book in for it now so it is ready when the next permits open?
Medicals are valid for a year.

You would still need to have an up front medical if you apply for the 2014 IEC and wish to work with children, prior to the IEC work permit being issued.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.