IEC 2013

Old Oct 5th 2013, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of
Default Re: IEC 2013

My suitcase is 1kg overweight. Is this going to be a problem?
Old Oct 5th 2013, 8:38 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeddiSam
My suitcase is 1kg overweight. Is this going to be a problem?
The airline may charge you for the additional weight, but with 1k I don't think they will worry too much.

Old Oct 5th 2013, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

swankeyswag is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oaken
I used 247travelinsurance.co.uk £206.44 a year cheapest I could find, they get mixed reviews though so I don't know how easy it would be to claim from them, I get full medical through work. I just needed insurance to get the work permit.

I've used world nomads before they are good but twice the price.
Thanks bud, the trouble I've been having is that insurance bought from the uk requires you to be physically present in the uk at the time of purchase. I guess cic doesn't check the fine print. I found 247travelinsurance not only require you to be in the uk at the time of purchase but you also have to have been present in the uk for 6 months prior to purchase!
"Please note:
Travel insurance brought from this site is only available to persons who have been resident in the United Kingdom or the Channel Islands for at least 6 months prior to taking out the insurance.
Cover is only available for round trips starting from and returning to the UK or the Channel Islands."
lol Thanks for replying, I got peace of mind now, everything should be fine at the boarder
Old Oct 5th 2013, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Oaken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swankeyswag
Thanks bud, the trouble I've been having is that insurance bought from the uk requires you to be physically present in the uk at the time of purchase. I guess cic doesn't check the fine print. I found 247travelinsurance not only require you to be in the uk at the time of purchase but you also have to have been present in the uk for 6 months prior to purchase!

lol Thanks for replying, I got peace of mind now, everything should be fine at the boarder
I was trying to find that when I was looking at the policy can't believe I missed it when it he first answer in the FAQ, oh well it served its purpose, getting me the visa just glad I will never need it to use it.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

So what do I take with me tomorrow to get my sin number? Thanks!
Old Oct 6th 2013, 11:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeddiSam
So what do I take with me tomorrow to get my sin number? Thanks!
Work permit and ID.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Work permit and ID.
Thank you!
Old Oct 7th 2013, 1:00 pm
Never Live to Regret

staceyhall71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to tell everyone about obtaining your Driving license. It's an absolute nightmare trying to get insured in Ontario with a British license, more so it was impossible for us. So exchange your british card and counterpart license for a G license immediately at your nearest driving centre, Not Service Ontario. I made that mistake too.
They send your British one back to the UK and its $79 for a G license. You get a temporary license till your card comes through the post.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 1:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by staceyhall71
Just to tell everyone about obtaining your Driving license. It's an absolute nightmare trying to get insured in Ontario with a British license, more so it was impossible for us. So exchange your british card and counterpart license for a G license immediately at your nearest driving centre, Not Service Ontario. I made that mistake too.
They send your British one back to the UK and its $79 for a G license. You get a temporary license till your card comes through the post.
You can only drive in Ontario for 60 days then you have to exchange it for an Ontario licence regardless. That is why you cannot get insurance on a British Licence.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, thought we would post an update.

We are finally flying out to Vancouver on the 26th October.

After 3 months of interviews, psych testing etc, I have been lucky to sort a really good job in my industry (insurance) which i am starting based out of Burnaby on the 4th November! So will have a week to get sorted, learn lay of the land etc. But takes a big weight of the mind to know we will have guarenteed income on arrival.

Ally will look for a job when we get there, but will no doubt be busy initially finding us somewhere to live! we have booked a apartment via airbnb for 3 weeks near downtown while we settle in and get used to Vancouver.

Booked club class on the last direct flight for the winter from Manchester with Air Transat which hopefully will be a nice experience (the extra weight allowance helps too).

If anyone has any experience/tips for living in Vancouver we would love to hear from you!!

Until then only 11 more working days and much packing sorting to do!

Last edited by Ally and Chris; Oct 8th 2013 at 11:53 am. Reason: spelling.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:47 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ally and Chris
Hello everyone, thought we would post an update.

We are finally flying out to Vancouver on the 26th October.

After 3 months of interviews, psych testing etc, I have been lucky to sort a really good job in my industry (insurance) which i am starting based out of Burnaby on the 4th November! So will have a week to get sorted, learn lay of the land etc. But takes a big weight of the mind to know we will have guarenteed income on arrival.

Ally will look for a job when we get there, but will no doubt be busy initially finding us somewhere to live! we have booked a apartment via airbnb for 3 weeks near downtown while we settle in and get used to Vancouver.

Booked club class on the last direct flight for the winter from Manchester with Air Transat which hopefully will be a nice experience (the extra weight allowance helps too).

If anyone has any experience/tips for living in Vancouver we would love to hear from you!!

Until then only 11 more working days and much packing sorting to do!

Let me know how club class is.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ally and Chris

Booked club class on the last direct flight for the winter from Manchester with Air Transat

Looking forward to our two seats in Club on that flight as well!

We are off to Kelowna, where I start work on 4th November as well!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 9:31 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by staceyhall71
Where does your British licence get sent back to - I would not be happy with not having my UK licence especially if its going to be pain to get it back in the UK?
Old Oct 8th 2013, 9:32 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cbrown89
Let me know how club class is.
Its Air Transat - its generally nothing to write home about :S
Old Oct 8th 2013, 9:36 pm
Bex in the city

Sorry abut crazy amount of posts, but I am just getting the general impression that most people heading out to Canada chatting on here are couples?!-

Are there any individual solo travellers who have been out and established themselves independently?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.