IEC 2013

Old Aug 12th 2013, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

tomsteetley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2013

Hello,

I am just picking up where i left off on my IEC 2013 application.

I have received this letter... does this mean that i've been accepted?
The whole process is so bloody confusing!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 13th 2013 at 12:37 pm. Reason: Removed the pic for you, sorry but it's just got far too much personal info on to put it on a public forum!
Old Aug 12th 2013, 5:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomsteetley
Hello,

I am just picking up where i left off on my IEC 2013 application.

I have received this letter... does this mean that i've been accepted?
The whole process is so bloody confusing!
Yes, you have been approved.

Congrats!

You may want to consider removing the letter as you have easily read identification on it.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 13th 2013 at 12:37 pm. Reason: Pic removed
Old Aug 12th 2013, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Yes, you have been approved.

Congrats!

You may want to consider removing the letter as you have easily read identification on it.
Ahh awesome!

i was unsure because my Kompass page still says:

Application Status
Submitted
Participation Fees and Proof of Payment
Verified
IEC Assessment
Verified
Immigration Assessment
Pending
Final Decision
Pending

is that normal?

Am i right in thinking i just rock up with my passport and that letter and i'm good to go for 2 years then?

Also, could you help me with another question? My brother also entered and he paid his £100 well within the deadline but that is as far as he has got with his application. Is he too late now? Or will he be ok to press on?

Many thanks,

Tom
Old Aug 12th 2013, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh awesome!

i was unsure because my Kompass page still says:

Application Status
Submitted
Participation Fees and Proof of Payment
Verified
IEC Assessment
Verified
Immigration Assessment
Pending
Final Decision
Pending

is that normal?

Am i right in thinking i just rock up with my passport and that letter and i'm good to go for 2 years then?

Also, could you help me with another question? My brother also entered and he paid his £100 well within the deadline but that is as far as he has got with his application. Is he too late now? Or will he be ok to press on?

Many thanks,

Tom
You present your passport and declaration card and state you need to see Immigration as you require a work permit. You then present the LOI, passport and proof of funds and insurance to the Immigration officer.
Read the letter carefully as it clearly states present this letter to the officer unlike last week where 2 x IEC applicants did not show the letter and then came knocking on our door after being admitted at Toronto and wondering why they didnt get a work permit.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 6:17 am
Just Joined

humanzombie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tomhath
Got my POE through today. Does anybody know why it doesn't say the duration of the visa once it is activated? My last IEC stated on it that it was a one year visa once activated.
This is because your visa start date is the date of entry in to the country.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Do i get 2 years? It doesnt say on the letter how long it will be valid for
Old Aug 13th 2013, 11:18 am
Just Joined

UndercoverHippy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

We're new to the forum so please be patient with us if we're asking old questions!

We're having an absolute nightmare with the working holiday visa applications. We have the acceptance letter posted by tomsteetley above and our IEC Kompass account still has the same last two categories marked as 'pending'.

Do we need to do anything further with IEC Kompass or CIC? We've sent several messages to ask but, seeing as there appears to be a strike on, we've received no replies.

Do we just need to print out the letter to take to immigration at the airport? We can't seem to find any concrete info on what documentation we definitely need to provide and at what stage?!

Sorry to ask so many questions, the IEC website is just no help at all and there's no way to contact anyone there except by the messages, which they're not replying to!

Thanks in advance,

Robyn and Jim
Old Aug 13th 2013, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by UndercoverHippy
Hi there,

We're new to the forum so please be patient with us if we're asking old questions!

We're having an absolute nightmare with the working holiday visa applications. We have the acceptance letter posted by tomsteetley above and our IEC Kompass account still has the same last two categories marked as 'pending'.

Do we need to do anything further with IEC Kompass or CIC? We've sent several messages to ask but, seeing as there appears to be a strike on, we've received no replies.

Do we just need to print out the letter to take to immigration at the airport? We can't seem to find any concrete info on what documentation we definitely need to provide and at what stage?!

Sorry to ask so many questions, the IEC website is just no help at all and there's no way to contact anyone there except by the messages, which they're not replying to!

Thanks in advance,

Robyn and Jim
mine also say pending. but i think that's normal?
Old Aug 13th 2013, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Do i get 2 years? It doesnt say on the letter how long it will be valid for
If you applied on the UK programme then its 12 months from date when work permit is issued at a Port of Entry. If on the Irish programme then its 24 months.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi there,

Thanks in advance,

Robyn and Jim
You print off the letter and on arrival you will need the letter, passport, proof of funds (minimum $2500) and insurance coverage including repatriation. Present them to CBSA and ask to see Immigration then work permit will be issued as per instructions in the letter.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

UndercoverHippy is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the letter that tomsteetley posted above the 'letter of introduction' then? We just received a message from IEC saying that once CIC has issued an LOI and informed them, IEC will send us a 'welcome to Canada' letter with useful info...

We just need to know if we can go ahead and book our flights for October because the closer we get the more expensive the flights are getting!

Thanks so much for your help.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Is the letter that tomsteetley posted above the 'letter of introduction' then? We just received a message from IEC saying that once CIC has issued an LOI and informed them, IEC will send us a 'welcome to Canada' letter with useful info...

We just need to know if we can go ahead and book our flights for October because the closer we get the more expensive the flights are getting!

Thanks so much for your help.
Yes you can book your flights and the screenshot is the LOI that you need on arrival.
Old Aug 17th 2013, 8:24 am
Just Joined

bodger0ne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

another British expat here on an iec visa, currently residing in Calgary, AB.

As my current visa runs out at the end of the month, i'm looking into doing a border crossing at either Carway or Coutts by driving down.

Due to limited funds, we can't make a holiday out of it, so we are looking into "Flagpolling" at the border.
Would this temporary "refusal of Entry" to the US cause any problems further down the line if we wanted to visit later?

Does anybody have recent experience with either borders, and can recommend in this situation?

Also: Would we need an ESTA as we aren't technically entering the US??
Old Aug 17th 2013, 4:13 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodger0ne
Hi All,

another British expat here on an iec visa, currently residing in Calgary, AB.

As my current visa runs out at the end of the month, i'm looking into doing a border crossing at either Carway or Coutts by driving down.

Due to limited funds, we can't make a holiday out of it, so we are looking into "Flagpolling" at the border.
Would this temporary "refusal of Entry" to the US cause any problems further down the line if we wanted to visit later?

Does anybody have recent experience with either borders, and can recommend in this situation?

Also: Would we need an ESTA as we aren't technically entering the US??

4. Arriving via Air or Sea

4. 1 Do I need an approved ESTA if I arrive by air?
Yes. Visa waiver travelers entering the United States by air are required to hold a valid ESTA application.

4.2 Do I need an approved ESTA if I arrive by sea?
Yes. Visa waiver travelers entering the United States by sea are required to hold a valid ESTA application.

4.3 Do I need an approved ESTA if I arrive via a land border crossing?
No. There is currently no ESTA requirement for U.S. land border crossings

People on here have talked about using the I 94 form for border crossings and also that if you are going to the states go for a shopping trip or stay a night.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

DazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant futureDazzaP has a brilliant future
Default Personal Checklist for IEC

Hello, I shall keep it short and sweet. I just need someone to tell me that my head is screwed on correctly and that I am not leaving anything out (both me and my girls future at stake). We leave in November and I don't want any pant splitting nearer the time so i'm striving to have all of the necessary nazi-esque planning in place now.

- Applied to the IEC scheme through Kompass, was accepted through the first stage (Letter of conditional acceptance)
- Applied to CIC and was accepted (Letter of introduction)
- Booked flights (Dublin - Chicago - Edmonton). Due to the fact we are in America for a few hours during the change over I applied and was granted a visa waiver form from the American embassy.
- Got a few quotes from the travel insurance companies (Travelsafe seemed to be the most comprehensive, including the all important repatriation). Will pay for this in the next week.
- Jobs and Accomodation we will be on top of.

Now, from what I know, I get off the plane in Edmonton and do the following -
- Approach the Point Of Entry guy and submit my "Letter of introduction" that I have printed through my CIC account.
- Show him a bank statement.
- Show him my valid passport.
- Show him my current and appropriate health insurance.

Is that it? I remember reading in the IEC thread something about having to show that you have some way of LEAVING the country again before the end of the VISA year. Is this true? Am i forgetting anything?

Thanks so much for any insight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.