IEC 2013

Old Jul 28th 2013, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Candid Canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC Visas (There's Still Hope)

Originally Posted by cptkid89
I've watched all your videos on youtube before. YOu're hilarious & you made me feel more relaxed about moving to a whole other country!
Thanks so much. Glad my videos were of some help. There's lots more to come. Good luck with your move. Sure you'll love it!
Old Jul 29th 2013, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

poppy88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by Goskii
Thanks for your replies. Another quick question, how long does it take roughly from initial application for the 1 year working visa to its completion. Thanks
it depends, my first IEC they sent it back to me as one of my barcode pages wasnt properly printed out, but i had applied whilst in england then had to change my forms as i was then living in canada on a visitor visa, stressful, i applied mid feb and it came through mid may, it took a full 12 weeks,
my 2nd application was slightly quicker, i was first stage in the 900's sent my payment off the next day, btu was lazy and took about a week to send off the final package, it then came through on the 7th may, 1 week before me 1st one ran out, tense times!

id say from when you apply it takes a max 12 weeks, correct me if im wrong, what i think is a great idea of people now is going on a visitor visa then flagpoling/border run to acivate the work permit once theyve found a job
Old Jul 30th 2013, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Hays37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,
I'm sure this has been asked a lot but there are so many pages to search through on this forum. I'm applying for my second working holiday visa from within canada. From seeing things on various forums, I selected 'Applying from outside Canada' on the come to canada wizard. Apparently this directs you to the correct set of forms. I also saw advice that once you had got to those forms, to fill out your correct info, i.e canadian address etc even though the form states applying from outside Canada. Can someone please confirm this is correct please? I haven't submitted my forms yet, just waiting for my police check and I really don't want to mess this up. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks, Hays
Old Jul 30th 2013, 5:54 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Hays37
Hey all,
I'm sure this has been asked a lot but there are so many pages to search through on this forum. I'm applying for my second working holiday visa from within canada. From seeing things on various forums, I selected 'Applying from outside Canada' on the come to canada wizard. Apparently this directs you to the correct set of forms. I also saw advice that once you had got to those forms, to fill out your correct info, i.e canadian address etc even though the form states applying from outside Canada. Can someone please confirm this is correct please? I haven't submitted my forms yet, just waiting for my police check and I really don't want to mess this up. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks, Hays

No, it isn't. You have to select a country outside Canada as place of residency if you want the IEC to be approved.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Hays37 is an unknown quantity at this point

I selected the country outside Cananda on the IEC wizard so it seems I've done that bit right. Moving forward, do I then need to fill out my application as if I'm in England?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 12:20 pm
Tryna move to T.O

Jamieb14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Thanks to Hays37 & cbrown89 for the responses! I think I'll just go for the 18 months.

@ cbrown89 - Do you know what's the difference between Flexicover's Gap Year & Long Stay packages (other than the price)? The Long Stay is twice the price, but I couldn't see any difference in the coverage!
Hey Kuro,

What did you go with in the end and how much did it cost ya?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamieb14
Hey Kuro,

What did you go with in the end and how much did it cost ya?
I didn't buy it yet, because I'm not leaving til September, but I got a quote for just under £250 for 18 months with Flexicover's Silver Gap Year package. You can use TWT20 as a promo code for 20% off.

Hope that helps!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 2:54 pm
Tryna move to T.O

Jamieb14 is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't buy it yet, because I'm not leaving til September, but I got a quote for just under £250 for 18 months with Flexicover's Silver Gap Year package. You can use TWT20 as a promo code for 20% off.

Hope that helps!
Ah I'm going in October! Okay sweet thanks!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Jbrhartley has a brilliant futureJbrhartley has a brilliant futureJbrhartley has a brilliant futureJbrhartley has a brilliant futureJbrhartley has a brilliant futureJbrhartley has a brilliant future

Hey guys im having a problem with my IMM1295e:

1. I cant electronically sign it

so I figured it would be ok if i printed it and signed it, then scanned it, converted it to PDF format but,

2. It wont upload it. Say's " We are unable to validate your document at this time, please retry later. "

have a look at the screen shot i took.

Any help would be amazing thank you
Attached Thumbnails IEC 2013-screen-shot-2013-07-31-11.04.56.png  
Old Jul 31st 2013, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Jbrhartley has a brilliant futureJbrhartley has a brilliant futureJbrhartley has a brilliant futureJbrhartley has a brilliant futureJbrhartley has a brilliant futureJbrhartley has a brilliant future

So now it told me they only accept electronic applications, so i have filled it out fully then validated it but it still wont let me electronically sign it. I save it but when I go back to my cic page it doesnt say I have provided a IMM1295e....

aaaaagggghghhhh sooo friggin frustrating.

Help me please!!!

:-)
Old Jul 31st 2013, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

hahah figured it out. so you have to save it then re uploaded.

in the words of canadians...

thats soooo retarded!
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 3:02 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Just activated my visa so I now want to "trade" in my UK licence for an Albertan driving licence.

My questions is if your address changes do you have to fork out another $60 bucks for a new licence? Makes me want to keep it as my gf's parents address as you never know how many times you will move when renting.

p.s. people had been discussing whether or not you should have the required funds and insurance documents. I was asked for mine, which I had, so I highly recommend you bring the required documents!!!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 12:56 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

To answer my own question it only cost me $21.50 to change my licence and if I were to change address it would be anoter $21.50.
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

So I screwed up with booking my flights. I was just checking it yesterday; Air Transat £309 one way, such a brilliant deal. Today? £509!!!!

Let this be a warning to you budget flyers... If you see a flight for £300, JUMP ON IT IMMEDIATELY. XD
Old Aug 5th 2013, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

TeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud ofTeddiSam has much to be proud of

So I screwed up with booking my flights. I was just checking it yesterday; Air Transat £309 one way, such a brilliant deal. Today? £509!!!!

Let this be a warning to you budget flyers... If you see a flight for £300, JUMP ON IT IMMEDIATELY. XD
I was angry when mine went from £259 to £279 so I feel for you!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.