IEC 2013

Old Jul 20th 2013, 4:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2013

Originally Posted by Katy13
Thank you
Would I be able to apply for a new passprt now before I leave for Canada? that would be easier than having to apply later on next year when I'm already there but not sure if it would cause problems at the border. As passport would be different to the one I uploaded to CIC for my POE.
As long as you have a valid passport CBSA/CIC don't care on which passport you initially applied under.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 1:58 am
Just Joined

smr07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if anyone has asked this before, but would signing on for a few weeks in this country effect employment in Canada or immigration rules?

thanks
Old Jul 21st 2013, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smr07
Not sure if anyone has asked this before, but would signing on for a few weeks in this country effect employment in Canada or immigration rules?

thanks
Do you mean signing on for Employment Insurance benefits by signing on?
Would you be even eligible to sign on?
Are you coming over on the IEC and being issued a work permit at a POE?
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/e..._general.shtml
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:00 am
Just Joined

thanks
Sorry, I meant if you had signed on in the past, in your own country of residence, so prior to go going to Canada - would that effect your employment chances in Canada at all, do Canadian employers view that dimly as part of your career history or is just the same as in the UK?

I would not sign on in Canada and have no intention of doing so.

thanks
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry, I meant if you had signed on in the past, in your own country of residence, so prior to go going to Canada - would that effect your employment chances in Canada at all, do Canadian employers view that dimly as part of your career history or is just the same as in the UK?

I would not sign on in Canada and have no intention of doing so.

thanks
No having signed on in another country does not affect employment or regulations in Canada.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
No having signed on in another country does not affect employment or regulations in Canada.
thank you for you quick reply
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:34 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC Visas (There's Still Hope)

Originally Posted by Candid Canada
Applying for this years Canadian IEC visa reminds me of when I was waiting to hear about my dissertation results, except the results never come!

That's what I thought until 2 days ago when I received my conditional visa offer. If I remember correctly, which I probably don't as it was years ago (slight exaggeration) I applied for my second visa in February and I was in the 3rd and final attempt to do so.

The third batch of visas went in about 28 minutes (timed it) and I was in the group of people who didn't get to the second stage immediately but i got put on a waiting list yet had a WTN number. I got asked 2 months later to provide proof of payment, then a month later I got my conditional offer for a visa.

I just want to say to everyone "Hold on. There's still hope while the fellowship remains true"

Canada is everything people say it is and more. I moved to Canada last October and am loving it more than ever. I started in Toronto for a few months, where I did a lot of shopping. I came to Canada with one suitcase, I now have two. After Toronto I worked in a ski resort for 4 months and learnt to ski for free (BONUS). In May I took the 3 day train journey to Jasper, which has to be one of the most beautiful places on our good ol' planet. I'm currently working on a horse ranch near Calgary!

I've been making videos about my entire trip, so check them out if you need any advice or help.

<snip>

Good luck with your visas people.
Congrats!!!

Thats my worry with the visa - not getting within the 30 mins that the visas go and having to wait 3-4 months to see if I get it or not (my alternative is New Zealand where visas are unlimited throughtout the year). Are you advised of the dates/times that the visas batches are released as when i looked at the start of this thread they were, I believe.

I bet the quotas of Canadians applying for the UK WHV dont go as quick as i know they have the same amount of visas...
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

cptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nice
Default Re: IEC Visas (There's Still Hope)

Originally Posted by Candid Canada
Applying for this years Canadian IEC visa reminds me of when I was waiting to hear about my dissertation results, except the results never come!

That's what I thought until 2 days ago when I received my conditional visa offer. If I remember correctly, which I probably don't as it was years ago (slight exaggeration) I applied for my second visa in February and I was in the 3rd and final attempt to do so.

The third batch of visas went in about 28 minutes (timed it) and I was in the group of people who didn't get to the second stage immediately but i got put on a waiting list yet had a WTN number. I got asked 2 months later to provide proof of payment, then a month later I got my conditional offer for a visa.

I just want to say to everyone "Hold on. There's still hope while the fellowship remains true"

Canada is everything people say it is and more. I moved to Canada last October and am loving it more than ever. I started in Toronto for a few months, where I did a lot of shopping. I came to Canada with one suitcase, I now have two. After Toronto I worked in a ski resort for 4 months and learnt to ski for free (BONUS). In May I took the 3 day train journey to Jasper, which has to be one of the most beautiful places on our good ol' planet. I'm currently working on a horse ranch near Calgary!

I've been making videos about my entire trip, so check them out if you need any advice or help.

<snip>

Good luck with your visas people.
I've watched all your videos on youtube before. YOu're hilarious & you made me feel more relaxed about moving to a whole other country!
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Me again - sorry for all the questions! I was just wondering if anyone on the Irish IEC - 24 month programme has bought their health and travel insurance yet and if so which company have you gone with please?

The trouble that I am finding is that most companies only offer insurance for 12 or 18mths.

Many thanks in advance!
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 2:56 am
Just Joined

Hays37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jbrhartley
I am having a problem with making the payment. I am attempting to do a transfer from my bank santander to their account however its telling me that the sort code and account number given is wrong but it is 100% copied from the email they sent me. Can anyone help?
Did you get it sorted in the end? My mum is making payment on my behalf today so I'm hoping it goes through with no issues!
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Lukasgeo is an unknown quantity at this point

So, I'm coming up to a few weeks before I enter canada, and as usual, I have come to this wonderful forum for my FAQs, as the official websites don't seem to be clear.
Just want to double check what exactly I need/to do before I get to Canada - I need to arrive with just my passport, LOI and proof of funds.
Does my insurance need to be valid for an entire year, or just for a certain amount of time?
Did I hear that I also need to enter with an exit ticket, or proof of an exit ticket?
Is there anything else I need to get beforehand?

Thanks!
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lukasgeo
So, I'm coming up to a few weeks before I enter canada, and as usual, I have come to this wonderful forum for my FAQs, as the official websites don't seem to be clear.
Just want to double check what exactly I need/to do before I get to Canada - I need to arrive with just my passport, LOI and proof of funds.
Does my insurance need to be valid for an entire year, or just for a certain amount of time?
Did I hear that I also need to enter with an exit ticket, or proof of an exit ticket?
Is there anything else I need to get beforehand?

Thanks!
Heya!

You need travel insurance for the *full* year, as even if you get health insurance from any future job, it will not cover repatriation, which is a requirement for IEC. You also need to take evidence of that insurance with you when you enter Canada as well (computer print out of the details is probably fine).

You don't need to have an exit ticket because a lot of airlines won't let you book returns that far ahead of time!

Other than that, passport, LOI and proof of funds are all that you need.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 2:38 am
Just Joined

Hays37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone,
I submitted my proof of payment to my kompass account yesterday, do you know how long it normally takes to get verified?

Thanks
Old Jul 24th 2013, 2:39 am
Tryna move to T.O

Jamieb14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Guys just to clear this up! I have received my POE Introduction Letter IMM5665 form, is this the same as the LOI or is that a separate letter?
Old Jul 24th 2013, 3:52 am
Just Joined

mac86 is an unknown quantity at this point

OK so I'm through to the Immigration Assesment stage of the IEC application and it's asking me for my CIC File Number. I have started my form on the CIC website but not submitted it yet as I have to wait for my Police Form to come through.
I can't seem to see a 'CIC File Number' - do I get this once I've submitted the application or am I missing something here?

Please help! CIC are absolutely useless and is there even any point in trying to get in touch with IEC in London?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.