IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Nov 24th 2011, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

davids87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Originally Posted by freddiethebrit
Re; police check - I got mine down a few months ago, also just missed out on the IEC application this year - bad times...

However, on FAQ section, it says that they last for a year, so we should be fine with them...
Phew all set to go when the applications open!!!! Where abouts are you heading?
Old Nov 24th 2011, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Villa Lad is an unknown quantity at this point

On your arrival in Canada, you must have a statement from your bank account that must have been issued no more than one (1) week before your departure for Canada. It must clearly demonstrate you have sufficient funds in your account to support yourself financially for the first three months of your stay in Canada (C$2,500).
re the above from the FAQ

How does this affect people that are going into Canada on a tourist visa, spending time settling and looking for work...then leaving Canada and going to the States and then back into Canada to activate the working holiday visa once they have found work?

Not sure how this will work in terms of getting a bank statement 1 week before.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 12:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Villa Lad
re the above from the FAQ

How does this affect people that are going into Canada on a tourist visa, spending time settling and looking for work...then leaving Canada and going to the States and then back into Canada to activate the working holiday visa once they have found work?

Not sure how this will work in terms of getting a bank statement 1 week before.
I didn't even realise you could get paper statements anymore - I haven't had one for about three years! Can't you just switch to online statements and then print that off?
Old Nov 24th 2011, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I didn't even realise you could get paper statements anymore - I haven't had one for about three years! Can't you just switch to online statements and then print that off?
ha, i do all mine online as well

just wasn't sure whether they'd accept that
Old Nov 24th 2011, 4:29 pm
Fingers Crossed...

freddiethebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by davids87
Phew all set to go when the applications open!!!! Where abouts are you heading?
I'm off to Vancouver - my girlfriend's Canadian and moved back there a few months ago.. Would move tomorrow if I could! Where are you headed?
Old Nov 24th 2011, 4:31 pm
Fingers Crossed...

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Is this possible? Do you not have to get it stamped by the bank? I was also planning on going out as a visitor and then re-entering across US Border...

Ideal if we could print out a statement off online banking!
Old Nov 24th 2011, 7:09 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You probably should gathering your documents, as Paris has already opened for application for IEC in 2012. (14K visas)
Old Nov 24th 2011, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

You probably should gathering your documents, as Paris has already opened for application for IEC in 2012. (14K visas)
wow 14k lucky just gonna send off for my police certificate....need to get a cheque book tho (who uses cheques these days?)
Old Nov 25th 2011, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

leafsfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like i need to send away for the certificate soon !

Just a ? the funds you are required to take to Canada what form do they need to be in cash or can you just transfer it to your new bank account in canada once you got it setup ?
Old Nov 25th 2011, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

twohoots is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you'll need to transfer the money across once you have the Canadian account open. I think this does carry some sort of charge / commission.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

twohoots is an unknown quantity at this point

Last posting dates for the ACRO police check cert to get it guaranteed it before Christmas.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

leafsfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twohoots
I think you'll need to transfer the money across once you have the Canadian account open. I think this does carry some sort of charge / commission.

Ahh right i was under the impression you had to take all the required funds in cash at POE

I will get that sorted this week then !

EDIT: The police check can you fill it out on the PC then print it off and sign the necessary parts , or does all of it need to be handwritten in black ink ?

Last edited by leafsfan1; Nov 27th 2011 at 9:49 am.
Old Nov 27th 2011, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesdavid3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my Police certificate form from May 2011 this year and sent it off for this years visa which got approved fine..

When applying for the new 2012 Visa can I just use my photocopy of that Police certificate form and that will still get accepted?
Old Nov 27th 2011, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jamesdavid3
I got my Police certificate form from May 2011 this year and sent it off for this years visa which got approved fine..

When applying for the new 2012 Visa can I just use my photocopy of that Police certificate form and that will still get accepted?
I'm pretty sure they want originals.. could be wrong but I believe that is the case
Old Nov 27th 2011, 10:10 pm
Fingers Crossed...

Originally Posted by Jamesdavid3

They need originals - would be fine if you got 2 copies when you did the last one, but if not, then you'll need to reapply...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.