Wikiposts

IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Oct 30th 2011, 11:55 pm
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Originally Posted by leafsfan1
..I assume its ok to go for these jobs i mentioned then , its just jobs that require the protection of public health , am i right ?
Yes, you'll be fine. You can't go into health care or primary/secondary education or work with children if you didn't take the medical exam. The medical exam you mentioned above with forestry etc will be employment-based, not a Canadian immigration one.

I'm in Montreal at the moment looking for geologist/geophysics work. Maybe I should have gone to Calgary but I really want my Quebec CSQ. It seems business is booming in Calgary from all the job adverts I've been getting sent so a labourer position might be slightly easier to come by then 'regular' jobs.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

twohoots is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone sent a request to join the IEC Facebook group, however for some reason I wasn't able to accept it. So, if that was YOU, please could you send it through again?.

(sorry!)
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:42 am
Just Joined

liviUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone!

Any more news or ideas about 2012 IEC? I'm checking my inbox everyday to see if there are any updates!

This post is mainly for those thinking of coming out to Canada before getting the LOI. My boyfriend is studying at U of Toronto and when I found out that the 2011 programme had closed and that the 2012 IEC would not open for months, I booked my flight and came to Toronto in October. I'm renting in a student house right downtown praying that they'll open applications soon! having an awesome time, so those considering toronto, do it!

As i was coming out before getting letter of introduction, i applied for my police cert from ACRO and got my parents' bank to sign and stamp a bank statement for proof of funds (as they're 'sponsoring me', though I will be doing it alone as soon as I can). i got together as much of the docs as pos before i left the UK. just hoping that requirements havent changed too much , i just had to get the ball rolling and feel like i was getting it sorted so i can send things off ASAP. as i applied for police cert. early, (dated 29th sept), if its true about the 3month validity the embassy require, then i must send it off by 29th dec

I've been doing some job research now so i know what to expect in the new year - i want to do EFL teaching and from what i see, there are jobs going here. i cant say for certain about areas of work, but it does seem good.

its soo good theres a forum like this going , and thanks to person who set up fb group - i've just sent a request.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

I meant to add to kinda help those asking about being in Canada when they get letter of introduction - you can get it emailed instead of mailed then go to a port of entry in Canada and ask the official to upgrade visitor visa to WHV.

fingers crossed things are updated soon!
Old Nov 14th 2011, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

I found this page really useful:

http://www.makingtrails.com/wiki-2/v...canadian-visa/

Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Foto23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps somebody here might be able to give me some advice. I'm in Canada on an IEC visa and now I'm just about to do the medical for my PR. At this point do I have implied status? My IEC visa runs out in spring, but I'm wondering if I need to reapply for the IEC 2012?
Old Nov 16th 2011, 8:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Foto23
Perhaps somebody here might be able to give me some advice. I'm in Canada on an IEC visa and now I'm just about to do the medical for my PR. At this point do I have implied status? My IEC visa runs out in spring, but I'm wondering if I need to reapply for the IEC 2012?
No implied status I'm afraid, so you'll need to apply for another IEC visa if you want to keep working.

Old Nov 17th 2011, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

busycouple is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick question if anyone can help us with it. We have already applied to the last IEC scheme and recieved our letters of conformation, and will be heading out to Canada very soon. But I think we might head out there before the 2012 scheme opens, how should we go about applying then, as I know we had to get police certificates and declare we have lived in the U.K for a certain period of time. Would we still be able to get things like that done from Canada? or should we get certificates made now?
Old Nov 17th 2011, 8:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You can easily get police certs for the UK from Canada, you'll just need to add an extra week or so for the time it'll take to courier them, but it's no problem.

Personally, I wouldn't pay for a police cert now as you don't yet know when the 2012 program will open so there's no guarantee the police cert will still be valid, plus of course they may change the rules on having two WHV's in a row anyway!

HTH, good luck.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 11:40 pm
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
plus of course they may change the rules on having two WHV's in a row anyway!
I hope they don't!!! I'd literally cry because I gave up a £40k job where I only had to work six months of the year to come out here for a shot at getting PR!
Old Nov 17th 2011, 11:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by catpea33
I hope they don't!!! I'd literally cry because I gave up a £40k job where I only had to work six months of the year to come out here for a shot at getting PR!
Firstly, what on earth was the job - and can I have it?!?

I hope they don't remove the option to have two WHV's back to back, but as you know, CIC do change immigration rules very regularly, so I wouldn't count on it still being an option for next year. They may have trialled it this year and decided it didn't work, although I hope not for your sake. Fingers crossed they won't change the rules too much.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 12:55 am
is awesome

Working on a seismic ship in the North Sea for a month at a time. You can have it but you have to sell your soul to an oil company first and be OK with vomiting!

I hope they don't remove the option to have two WHV's back to back, but as you know, CIC do change immigration rules very regularly, so I wouldn't count on it still being an option for next year.
Yeah, I really hope this is one trial that they keep! No-one wants to see a 28 y/o cry and beg. Lol. I'm sure there are others out there that would be pretty upset if they changed it back to just one WHV too.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 6:08 am
Just Joined

alistairsmith148 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope they don't remove the option to have two WHV's back to back, but as you know, CIC do change immigration rules very regularly, so I wouldn't count on it still being an option for next year. They may have trialled it this year and decided it didn't work, although I hope not for your sake. Fingers crossed they won't change the rules too much.
they didn't trial it this year, as no one has had an IEC visa before this year, any other visa you had was ignored. So 2012 will be the first time someone can have an IEC visa back to back.

also the IEC website has been updated with a new FAQ section, it still says you can have 2, it seems to have been updated in the last few days too.

It says the new iec visa process won't require you to have proof of funds at application, but when you actually go to canada to get your visa
Old Nov 18th 2011, 7:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by alistairsmith148
they didn't trial it this year, as no one has had an IEC visa before this year, any other visa you had was ignored.
IEC visas did exist before, they were just called something different ('International Youth Program') and only issued by Bunac for UKC's - 2011 is the first year CIC have issued them directly themselves and they renamed them, but it was always the same thing.

Old Nov 18th 2011, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Yeah it looks good they got rid of those signed bank statements at the initial application as it seemed loads of people had problems with those.....Wonder if they will simplify it much more though?

Tim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.