Wikiposts

IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Dec 30th 2011, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

stewe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Originally Posted by tee1
Are you sure you need a police check from China, I may be wrong but my understanding is that you only need a police check from another country if you lived there for 6 or more consecutive months, not 6 months or more of accumulative visits. A letter explaining the situation will not do anygood if you do need a check though. Call or email them I say. Best of luck
Hi, thanks for your reply. I've been trying to get through to them on the phone but I'm just having no luck. I just received an email asking whether I was applying for IEC and whether I've already submitted my application but I don't know how long it will take them to respond again :S. I interpreted it the same way you did, but then on the actual application it asks whether you have lived in another country for more than 6 months in the last 5 years.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wheelycoyote
Thanks for your reply

Thing is I'm not even sure if I was arrested, it was so long ago and nothing came of it other than a telling off and an angry parent collecting me from the station. Saying that, the question also says, have you ever 'committed'... :/ I'm confused about what to put now
Honestly mate If I were you I'd answer no to the questions. I think your shooting your self in the foot if you say yes to anything when there is nothing recorded on your police check and there are no records to find anywhere in the police database. You clearly don't have any criminal record as show on your police check which is what immigration are concerned about.
Old Jan 1st 2012, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

mattatat789 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tee1
Honestly mate If I were you I'd answer no to the questions. I think your shooting your self in the foot if you say yes to anything when there is nothing recorded on your police check and there are no records to find anywhere in the police database. You clearly don't have any criminal record as show on your police check which is what immigration are concerned about.
Yup! NO TRACE.....is NO TRACE!
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

twohoots is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

I'm a bit stuck as to how to fill in my education history. Basically I've got my GCSES, dropped out of college but then in the last few years, I've done like an introductory course through the Open University.

On the declarations form, it asks for highest level obtained, I'm tempted just to put 'Open University Certificate in Maths', or something equally vague. Or I guess I could just put I've not done any higher education? The main form also wants the same information, and of course there's the attached CV too.

Anyone in a similar position?
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Hey, can someone who already has a working holiday permit tell me the IMM number of it? Is it IMM1102? It's just so I know I'm applying for a replacement of the right thing!

Thanks.
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 9:19 am
Just Joined

fafo is an unknown quantity at this point

Where is the third party proof of funds form?!
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 9:34 am
Fingers Crossed...

freddiethebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fafo
Where is the third party proof of funds form?!
Have you read the step by step guide and FAQs? You don't need to fill one out when you apply. You just need proof from your bank (a statment within 1 week of arriving at your port of entry in Canada) this year...
Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

twohoots is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally sent my forms today, think I must have double checked them about ten times.

Good luck everyone!

(Facebook group is nearly up to 50 people now, link in sig)
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:52 am
Just Joined

davids87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck! Juste heard someone got an email confirming the high commission got there application!! Sent mine just before christmas!

Just requested to join the faceboom group
Old Jan 4th 2012, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Hawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant future

I sent mine just before Christmas too (from Canada) and tracking still has it in limbo between having left canada and not having arrived in England yet. It'll be interesting to see how quickly applications are processed this year
Old Jan 4th 2012, 7:08 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freddiethebrit
Cheers Poppit - exactly what I was thinking... Have now filled out all of the forms, and just waiting for the documents from Italy so i can translate them and add them to the application. Hopefully everything is correct otherwise!!

F
I think you have done the right thing but in all fairness I personally think that these requirements for EU nationals should only apply to time spent in non-EU countries since our passports are supposed to belong to a single economic union with full freedom of movement.

When you think about it, it is really only the same as a Canadian moving between provinces or an American moving between US states.

For those people who are currently in Canada and have been for some time on a long stay travel insurance policy, how have you gone about renewing it for another year?

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Jan 4th 2012 at 7:11 am.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

paulwidnes1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey everyone , got my acpo check back today forms are ready to be sent from canada , been here for 4 months now as a visitor to see my canadian gf , how has everyone found these forms ? and has anyone had any problems ?
Old Jan 5th 2012, 10:59 am
Just Joined

fafo is an unknown quantity at this point

Do I need an offer of employment letter?

What do I write under 'Details of Intended Work in Canada' on the 'Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada' form?

My potential employer will only discuss employment opportunities once I obtain my visa.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 11:33 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

What do I write under 'Details of Intended Work in Canada' on the 'Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada' form?

My potential employer will only discuss employment opportunities once I obtain my visa.
1. No. You are applying for an open work permit, allows you to work almost anywhere, except health services;child care;primary or secondary education
2. Put unknown.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:06 pm
Fingers Crossed...

freddiethebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Read the guide, and the FAQ section, and the Important reminders - outlines it all quite well...

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.