Wikiposts

IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

Old Dec 19th 2011, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

twohoots is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC 2012 - Time to get Organised!

That seems to be the general concensus, I can't see why they'd want to know about short holidays.

A probably daft question, I assume if we don't have a fax, it's okay to leave that blank?
Old Dec 19th 2011, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

leafsfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twohoots
That seems to be the general concensus, I can't see why they'd want to know about short holidays.

A probably daft question, I assume if we don't have a fax, it's okay to leave that blank?
Yeah , i mean i assume they are talking about people who have travelled for large periods of time to other countries , and not vacations.

I havent got a fax either im sure it would be ok to leave it blank.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

On the IMM5645 page is it the other box we tick or worker for the IEC Program.

I decided to mention my short holidays on my CV under travel experiences just to be on the safe side.

Does everyone know what POE they are going to or has anyone put i oont know yet.

Last edited by leafsfan1; Dec 19th 2011 at 9:23 am.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by leafsfan1
On the IMM5645 page is it the other box we tick or worker for the IEC Program.

I decided to mention my short holidays on my CV under travel experiences just to be on the safe side.

Does everyone know what POE they are going to or has anyone put i oont know yet.
Tick worker box on the IMM5645
Old Dec 19th 2011, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant futureHawkeye84 has a brilliant future

I have a question - on the IMM1295E form it asks for details of employment for the past 10 years, but only provides 3 fields. My last 3 employers only goes back 4 years, is this acceptable?
Old Dec 19th 2011, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

davestanleylfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC advice and help

Hello my names Dave an i am looking forward to getting to canada! after a long tim wanting to leave the UK finally after finishing my 3 years at uni I am looking forward to participating in the IEC program this year and getting to Canada! specificly Toronto as i love the Maple Leafs! Anyone got any stories about living in Toronto nervous about moving so far from home...but exited! Plus i have visitied i know its an amazing city and a great country but whats it like to live in! cant wait to get my police certificate back so i can apply......cheers!
Old Dec 19th 2011, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tim010
Tick worker box on the IMM5645
Cheers

.... A few more questions

On the IMM1295E i have validated it and have the barcodes , but on the bottom where it says signature and date , i have not typed in the date ...If i go ahead and do this will it affect the barcode i already have ? , and by signature you have to sign with pen ?

Just cause i noticed this

C. You must use the version of the work permit application form (IMM1295) found on this website and complete it using a computer. As described in the Guide, this form must be "validated" once it has been completed. The Visa Section will not accept a form that has not been "validated", so please ensure that you have carried out this important step. If the form cannot be validated, it means that you are missing some information which is mandatory. Handwritten or un-validated application forms will not be accepted.

EDIT :

I just realised after doing another one it says the barcodes facilitate dates of entry of your application.

I know its not a big deal but that means i can edit my original copy ...right ?

Im also curious when you validate the form and the barcodes are generated is any of that info that you typed on the form sent to High Commission or is the validation tool an offline tool ? , just because they ask you to save the form to send to them ?

Last edited by leafsfan1; Dec 19th 2011 at 10:41 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by leafsfan1
Cheers

.... A few more questions

On the IMM1295E i have validated it and have the barcodes , but on the bottom where it says signature and date , i have not typed in the date ...If i go ahead and do this will it affect the barcode i already have ? , and by signature you have to sign with pen ?

Just cause i noticed this

EDIT :

I just realised after doing another one it says the barcodes facilitate dates of entry of your application.

I know its not a big deal but that means i can edit my original copy ...right ?

Im also curious when you validate the form and the barcodes are generated is any of that info that you typed on the form sent to High Commission or is the validation tool an offline tool ? , just because they ask you to save the form to send to them ?
I didn't put the date on mine either. I read on the Facebook group that you can edit the form and then just click validate again and it will change it. I haven't tried it though. I guess you need to type the date in then as opposed to writing when you print?

And Hawkeye, if you read the help page for filling out that form you'll see it says to print out as many additional employment forms as required. Obviously they wont be validated but I just did a "save as" and filled in the rest of my history. It took 3 extra pages in the end.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 3:44 am
Fingers Crossed...

freddiethebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Is anybody else trying to get police check documents from Italy?! It seems the name of the certificate has changed from the ones on the CIC website. And I've only been sent back 1 of the 2 requested documents.

Fred
Old Dec 20th 2011, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Third6
I didn't put the date on mine either. I read on the Facebook group that you can edit the form and then just click validate again and it will change it. I haven't tried it though. I guess you need to type the date in then as opposed to writing when you print?
And Hawkeye, if you read the help page for filling out that form you'll see it says to print out as many additional employment forms as required. Obviously they wont be validated but I just did a "save as" and filled in the rest of my history. It took 3 extra pages in the end.
I edited and validated again and it was fine the message popped up again.

also whats the facebook group called ?

Also just to confirm the parts where ive put UNKNOWN on the IMM1295E are details of intended work:

*2a- name of employer

*4- occupation in canada will be AND brief description of duties

and for the application package this is all you need to send away right ...?

Application&Declaration form
2 photocopies of passport page
Family Info form (IMM5645E)
Application made outside Canada form (IMM295E)
ACPO Police Certificate
CV
2 passport sized photos.

Last edited by leafsfan1; Dec 20th 2011 at 4:52 am.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 5:02 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

It's good that they removed the bank form requirement this time but unfortunately the extortionate and completely unfair pain in the arse that is ACPO still remains.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 5:05 am
Fingers Crossed...

freddiethebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
It's good that they removed the bank form requirement this time but unfortunately the extortionate and completely unfair pain in the arse that is ACPO still remains.
If you think the ACPO is hard - i'm trying to get the equivalent from Italy - as I was there for 9 months (with numerous weekends back to the UK) as part of my uni studies.... It's hard when 'nobody knows anything'
Old Dec 20th 2011, 5:11 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freddiethebrit
If you think the ACPO is hard - i'm trying to get the equivalent from Italy - as I was there for 9 months (with numerous weekends back to the UK) as part of my uni studies.... It's hard when 'nobody knows anything'
Well I only ever went to Italy once for a week and that was more than enough for me but my problem with ACPO is that it only applies to nationals of certain countries in the commonwealth plus the USA and if you are not from one of those countries then the requirement is just removed completely. Hence it probably couldn't have been all that important in the first place.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Are people putting N/A in all the non applicable boxes on the IMM 1295? For example when it asks for spouse or common law information and you tick 'no' there is then the space where you could have filled out the information should you have had a partner.

Tim
Old Dec 20th 2011, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tim010
Are people putting N/A in all the non applicable boxes on the IMM 1295? For example when it asks for spouse or common law information and you tick 'no' there is then the space where you could have filled out the information should you have had a partner.

Tim
I didnt as when you select NO it greys out the area that you would of typed the details in if youre answer was YES

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.