HRSDC LMO Timeline

Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

yGruber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HRSDC LMO Timeline

Originally Posted by isidorefilmes
Hi Guys,

This is the first time that put some message in this post. I am not English (I am Brazilian), but I am in your same boat.

My employer (in Alberta) applied on May 31 the process for LMO. I am still waiting for the result. On September 9, my employer got in touch with Alberta's office and they said that is still ‘in the queue’ . According to him, in the end of November we will have the answer. Imagine my agony and of my wife.

I will work in the area of graphic computer and animation 3D. The Canadian consulate in Brazil explained to me that my occupation doesn't need LMO, still more because the company is of the technological section.
But for some reason, my employer preferred to apply like Graphic Designer (NOC 5241) instead of Senior Animation Effects Editor (NOC 9990.1).
I need to share my experience for not being crazy.
I hope to be welcome here.

Thanx
Isidore
Welcome on board.
You are close to the end...
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

anhuertas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yGruber
Do you mean 1st of June ?

I called again today Last Week of May
Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gryphea
I think your timeline is fine if a little frustrating. In my experience HRSDC always seem to underestimate where they are. Scottandsara on this board submitted may 10th and hasn't heard yet. If there is a problem HRSDC do get back to you- so you do hear if there is a problem. The queue for Alberta is unfrotuantely enormous. I would phone them up again and not ask the lenght of the wait but ask which dates they are processing

Gryphea

Lucy
Hi. gryphea I'm so sad I don't receive any news about my LMO , I need the job I called today and they are processing the last week of may, I need some help
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:36 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

We tried to get an LMO for my girlfriend's job back at the beginning of July, mistakenly thinking we needed it for our PR application. She got a fax through yesterday saying it had been rejected because we hadn't include an unspecified piece of information with the application.

Good thing we didn't need it after all, eh?
Old Nov 30th 2007, 2:32 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

This is my timeline for my new (and last) LMO

Application sent to Services Canada - Monday October 22nd 2007
Request for additional information - Thursday November 22nd 2007
LMO extension (2 years) recieved - Friday 29th November 2007

This is from Services Canada in Toronto....
Old Nov 30th 2007, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

kennyandlinda is an unknown quantity at this point

just phoned service canada in edmonton,they are now processing june applications.
hopefully not much longer boss applied on june 20th and gave me a tracking number which is useful when talking to them.
anyone know want happened to scott
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

princesshumla is an unknown quantity at this point

So my boss managed to get a hold of the number for HRSDC in Alberta, and they said my LMO should take no more than a few months.
I called CIC Canada and the lady said that even if it comes through, I have to send off for my work permit rather than just "swing around the flagpole" and get it at port of entry. Is this true? It seems pretty stupid if I can't, as if it doesn't come through before Jan, I can't be on implied status and will be hanging around for months.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:37 am
Just Joined

Poppy9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - Has anyone got any updates for BC?

My H's application went in mid-June.

Thanks, P
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by princesshumla
So my boss managed to get a hold of the number for HRSDC in Alberta, and they said my LMO should take no more than a few months.
I called CIC Canada and the lady said that even if it comes through, I have to send off for my work permit rather than just "swing around the flagpole" and get it at port of entry. Is this true? It seems pretty stupid if I can't, as if it doesn't come through before Jan, I can't be on implied status and will be hanging around for months.
I am swinging around the flagpole on Friday for mt WP with my LMO. I got a choice here:

1. Send PP and paperwork back to London and wait 6 weeks.

OR

2 Go to border with PP and paperwork and get Visa at POE.

Yeah right! Bollocks to choice 1. PP in london for 6 weeks with no way to travel incase of emergenies? Not to mention the hoping you do that your PP or documents don't get lost some where over the atlantic, and the exspensive shipping costs just to secure all that stuff. Nope not me. I am going ahead with choice 2. Secure, safe and a nice day out to new Brunswick. Gaynor has experience with this sort of stuff and she gave me some great advice. By the way how come you have to wait 2 months for your LMO? Mine took 3 weeks.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok folks. I am going to swing around the flag pole on Friday in NB. Got to take a ferry ride too. LOL. I'll let ya know how it goes.

Laters Peeps.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Tarik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sarah Farrand
This is my timeline for my new (and last) LMO

Application sent to Services Canada - Monday October 22nd 2007
Request for additional information - Thursday November 22nd 2007
LMO extension (2 years) recieved - Friday 29th November 2007

This is from Services Canada in Toronto....
Sarah,
Im just curious, which position did you get positive LMO for? Was it in the "under pressure" list for ON? Thank you!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi, everybody I spoke today with my future boss in alberta, and he applied in July for LMO I have to wait 2 months more, I don't know what to do, but I have to be more patient, any news from alberta?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

isidorefilmes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by anhuertas
Hi, everybody I spoke today with my future boss in alberta, and he applied in July for LMO I have to wait 2 months more, I don't know what to do, but I have to be more patient, any news from alberta?
Hi Guys,

Today, my employer contacted me saying that my process is 'under review by an Officer.' My application for LMO was submitted on May 31. And on this week they are already seeing the first week of June. Unhappily it is not fast. The process is stressful and it consumes our expectation.

Anhuertas,
I know how it is difficult. But you don't need to worry, soon you will have great news of Alberta's HRSDC.

Good Luck!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:50 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tarik
Sarah,
Im just curious, which position did you get positive LMO for? Was it in the "under pressure" list for ON? Thank you!
I'm a Research Director, so not at all on the occupations under pressure list for Ontario... I didn't even know there was one... in my experience, this is my third Canadian Work permit - and my first extension, LMOs typically take around 6 weeks to come through for Ontario. I don't know if this depends on the occupation or not. However, this will certainly be my last
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

I cant beleive some of your LMO applications where sent in May and still no news... thats awful. My father in laws was sent in July... so after reading this its made me abit depressed... I thought he would be pretty close to getting the LMO but seems he isnt. Good luck to all of you, I hope your LMO's all arrive soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.