Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Aug 23rd 2015, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Everything that withabix said above is correct, but I just wanted to add in the fact that the score is staying more or less around the same number recently because every month new people are applying. Those who apply with 1200-450 points are pretty much guaranteed a place in the next draw and take away an invite from somebody who has been in the pool longer, but got lower points.
Old Aug 24th 2015, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

Ah I see thanks for explaining that withabix. I misunderstood how the pool works, thanks for clarifying that.
Does that mean that if you get an ITA, and as long as you get your application in within the time frame they specify, you don't have to worry about rushing in and getting in the quota, as that is the allocated quota for that round?
Old Aug 24th 2015, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss_mp
Ah I see thanks for explaining that withabix. I misunderstood how the pool works, thanks for clarifying that.
Does that mean that if you get an ITA, and as long as you get your application in within the time frame they specify, you don't have to worry about rushing in and getting in the quota, as that is the allocated quota for that round?
Correct. You just had to submit the documents before the ITA expires. Note that just because you receive an ITA does not necessarily mean you will get PR/.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

I see thanks for clarifying this bc2015.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for explaining this KuroKuro, think I understand how this works a bit better now.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Ajster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant future

Has anyone been sent a request for a Schedule 4A which is a business nominees form, even though you're not a business nominee.??
Old Aug 26th 2015, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ajster
Has anyone been sent a request for a Schedule 4A which is a business nominees form, even though you're not a business nominee.??
My friend did, without being a business nominee.

I'm afraid I don't have any more info than that, though!
Old Aug 26th 2015, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ajster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kswoosh
My friend did, without being a business nominee.

I'm afraid I don't have any more info than that, though!
Thanks - did he eventually get his PR, or is he still playing the waiting game?
Old Aug 27th 2015, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Degs3112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by withabix
Got round to posting our photos and passport copies today.

Shouldn't be long now!
I've seen a lot of people saying that they've had requests for passport copies, photos and background declarations... I'm confused by this as that's what I thought was required when uploading documents and submitting the PR application... Or at least, that's what I had to submit

Last edited by Degs3112; Aug 27th 2015 at 12:05 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Degs3112
I've seen a lot of people saying that they've had requests for passport copies, photos and background declarations... I'm confused by this as that's what I thought was required when uploading documents and submitting the PR application... Or at least, that's what I had to submit
At the point where you are about to be 'Approved', the application jumps the rails back on to the traditional paper system.

The last electronic thing you send will probably be the Background Declaration, as a scanned upload of the paper form.

The next letter you get will request photocopy of your passport and photos for them to use for the PR card.
Old Aug 28th 2015, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Degs3112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by withabix
At the point where you are about to be 'Approved', the application jumps the rails back on to the traditional paper system.

The last electronic thing you send will probably be the Background Declaration, as a scanned upload of the paper form.

The next letter you get will request photocopy of your passport and photos for them to use for the PR card.
Ah ok, I'm on the same page now! Was a wee bit confused for a moment!haha I'm hoping it's not too much longer of a wait for me. I uploaded every page of my passport along with my PR application. That probably won't make much of a difference though!
I also just noticed you're in maple ridge, I'm just across the bridge in Walnut Grove!lol
Old Aug 28th 2015, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

we are still waiting........ ive no idea whats going on now, all I can do is wait....
Old Aug 29th 2015, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys

CIC requested that I pay the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" today which I subsequently did - I know every case is different but does this provide any sort of clue to the educated on here as to where my application is at and when I can expect PR?

My work permit runs out in a few days and I filled in the application to extend it and sent it last Sunday so I will be covered by in the interim by "Implied Status", noticed today that even though it probably won't be processed for months (around 4 is what I`m hearing) they payment was taken from my card - is this normal?

If PR shows up before my Temporary Work Permit is processed can I expect to get the processing payment back?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 29th 2015, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by energysolutions
Hey guys

CIC requested that I pay the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" today which I subsequently did - I know every case is different but does this provide any sort of clue to the educated on here as to where my application is at and when I can expect PR?

My work permit runs out in a few days and I filled in the application to extend it and sent it last Sunday so I will be covered by in the interim by "Implied Status", noticed today that even though it probably won't be processed for months (around 4 is what I`m hearing) they payment was taken from my card - is this normal?

If PR shows up before my Temporary Work Permit is processed can I expect to get the processing payment back?

Thanks in advance
Not sure on the first point, as i paid all my fees up-front. I would assume that the thing that triggers the request for payment is 'Decision Made', which means the next thing will be your passport photocopy and photos as soon as you have paid.

As for the refund of Work Permit extension fees - no idea, but fees are usually refundable IF they haven't started processing.

Last edited by withabix; Aug 29th 2015 at 4:26 am.
Old Aug 29th 2015, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ally and Chris
we are still waiting........ ive no idea whats going on now, all I can do is wait....
Our Express Entry application status didn't change until this afternoon, despite us having received the passport copy and photos request letter on 5th August.

Try checking your application status here:

Check your application status

It might say something different to the Express Entry website...

For us, it says 'Decision Made' (which tallies with the letter requesting passports and photos), but our Express Entry profile hadn't been updated until this afternoon, when it changed to 'A final decision has been reached: This application has been approved'. That's 23 days AFTER the letter asking for passport and photos!!!

The status on the link above is only updated on Tuesdays. Which is more frequently then Express Entry

Last edited by withabix; Aug 29th 2015 at 4:25 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.