British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/express-entry-scores-progress-thread-850086/)

ScottyB Jan 6th 2015 2:18 am

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Fellow BE members,

I thought I would start a thread where people can list their scores and update others on progress of their Express Entry applications.

Happy to share mine, Admin's please feel free to delete if "timeline" type posts are not encouraged.

Aged 38, MSc degree qualified in Safety and Risk management NOC 1112 (HR Manager which includes HSE Manager)

Unlikely with my score that I will receive an ITA without PNP or Job Offer but who knows what they are looking for.

Express Entry Profile Effective Date

4-January-2015

Express Entry Client Expiry Date

4-January-2016

Opened Job Bank profile same day and showing as active

Overall Score

CRS - Human Capital - Age

CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education

CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency

CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency

CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience

CRS - Spouse - Level of Education

CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency

CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience

CRS - Skill Transferability - Education

CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience

CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification

CRS - Arranged Employment

CRS - Provincial/Territorial Nomination

doubleym Jan 9th 2015 11:23 pm

Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

I was just thinking that it would be good to start a thread like this for people to track EE scores and be able to gauge how they may fall within the pool, nice to see someone already did it :)

I've submitted my profile:

Eligible for CEC and FSWP

Current working in Canada in a permanent role so essentially a job offer however no LMIA yet.

Have been filling out paperwork for BC PNP Express Entry priority stream as a means to getting that extra 600 points however from looking at various forums and reading some articles, it looks like there are not many candidates who have an LMIA supported job offer and many PNP nominees are finding that their PNP nomination isn't usable for points due to that province not having integrated with EE properly yet.

It sounds like CIC are expecting that in the first couple of draws at least, most of the people receiving ITAs will be selected on their base points until the provinces sort things out.

sms1984 Jan 13th 2015 8:54 pm

Submitted profile Jan 12th 2015

Overall Score 994

CRS - Human Capital - Age 100

CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 0

CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 128

CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency 0

CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience 35

CRS - Spouse - Level of Education 6

CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency 20

CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience 5

CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 0

CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 50

CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification 50

CRS - Arranged Employment 600

CRS - Provincial/Territorial Nomination 0

Bobogib Jan 14th 2015 1:02 am

I wonder at what level they will give you your ITA? Or is this written down somewhere and I just can't find it?

doubleym Jan 14th 2015 1:18 am

There is no set minimum score, it's basically a case of sort everybody in the pool and skim x amount of candidates off the top.

kswoosh Jan 14th 2015 1:18 pm

My scores (although haven't processed through EE yet):

Overall Score 506

CRS - Human Capital - Age 110

CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 120

CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 136

CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency 0

CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience 40

CRS - Skill Transferability - Language/Education 25

CRS - Skill Transferability - Language/Foreign Work Experience 50

CRS - Skill Transferability - Canadian Work Experience/Foreign Work Experience 50

CRS - Arranged Employment 0

CRS - Provincial/Territorial Nomination 0

So if I was lucky to get an LMIA or PNP (assuming I can get my IEC) then I should be in a pretty good position.

Although bearing in mind what people have said above, regarding the slow progress of PNPs in various territories, I'm inclined to just get my application in ASAP, and try my luck at getting picked out without PNP/LMIA.

Does anyone know a) the frequency of the draws and b) how long you can stay in the pool before having to re-apply/re-enter?

EDIT: Answered my own question: "Candidates can stay in the pool for up to 12 months. If they do not get an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence within 12 months of submitting an Express Entry profile, they may submit a new profile. If they still meet the criteria, they can re-enter the pool. This will prevent backlogs and ensure quick processing times."

Tirytory Jan 14th 2015 1:51 pm

Can I just ask have you needed official language tests results to complete the initial profile? My husband has his exam on Friday in Toronto and the 20th will mark a year of experience (he has an LMO number)... Would just like to get the whole thing started!!! Impatient now- I wonder how long will PR will take for people- it will be interesting to keep tabs!

sms1984 Jan 14th 2015 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Tirytory (Post 11533119)
Can I just ask have you needed official language tests results to complete the initial profile? My husband has his exam on Friday in Toronto and the 20th will mark a year of experience (he has an LMO number)... Would just like to get the whole thing started!!! Impatient now- I wonder how long will PR will take for people- it will be interesting to keep tabs!

I would wait as the test results will boost his overall score

doubleym Jan 14th 2015 3:26 pm

You need test results to complete the profile.

Tirytory Jan 14th 2015 4:17 pm

Thank you... I was hoping to have a profile submitted before the first draw but we were a bit tardy booking his english language test. Ho hum!

withabix Jan 14th 2015 8:57 pm

The tests are filling up fast. Mine is on 13th February (earliest date I could get a week ago), to convert my existing BC PNP Application into EE.

Probably won't speed up the PNP bit (which should come through in April anyway), but will speed up the CIC bit!

Tirytory Jan 14th 2015 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by withabix (Post 11533537)
The tests are filling up fast. Mine is on 13th February (earliest date I could get a week ago), to convert my existing BC PNP Application into EE.

Probably won't speed up the PNP bit (which should come through in April anyway), but will speed up the CIC bit!

We went for CPEP one or whatever it's called as IELTS were all booked up into February for TO. Luckily date available for Jan 16th. $300 for the privilege of proving English language efficiency while working in the country as a doctor. It's a tad annoying even if I know the rationale behind it!

withabix Jan 14th 2015 10:21 pm

I went for the CELPIP as well, as it's only 3 hours rather than a whole day+.

kswoosh Jan 14th 2015 10:57 pm

Can you submit an application, then add education score and PNP points after? Or do you have to submit an entirely new application?

I.E. If you had IELTS test results, but not had your degree converted or your PNP approved, could you get your application in, and then add the others on later?

PMM Jan 15th 2015 1:02 am

Hi

Originally Posted by kswoosh (Post 11533683)
Can you submit an application, then add education score and PNP points after? Or do you have to submit an entirely new application?

I.E. If you had IELTS test results, but not had your degree converted or your PNP approved, could you get your application in, and then add the others on later?

No. ECA and language results must be input for EE