Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Oct 13th 2015, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Yes we did! It didn't take long, few standard questions from the officer, checked address for PR card and 20 mins later came back with signed forms and 2 wonderful paper flags for us.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of

Passport request ! Received this morning via e-mail... Oh yeah !

They ask for passport copy and two pictures, and only include instructions for people inside Canada or US. I'm in France right now, that's my main adress, so I have to contact them via e-mail to "make arrangements to issue the documents at a local visa office". I'll include a scan of my passport and a jpeg photo with the e-mail, just in case.
Does anybody know what happens next ? Will I need to go to the Canadian Embassy in Paris or something ? Or will they just give me a mail adress in France ?

Fingers crossed for all you guys still waiting ; you're almost there !
Old Oct 14th 2015, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats djaybi!

Sorry, I have no idea about how to get your COPR in France, but just happy that you're almost through the process too!
Old Oct 14th 2015, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by djaybi
Passport request ! Received this morning via e-mail... Oh yeah !

They ask for passport copy and two pictures, and only include instructions for people inside Canada or US. I'm in France right now, that's my main adress, so I have to contact them via e-mail to "make arrangements to issue the documents at a local visa office". I'll include a scan of my passport and a jpeg photo with the e-mail, just in case.
Does anybody know what happens next ? Will I need to go to the Canadian Embassy in Paris or something ? Or will they just give me a mail adress in France ?

Fingers crossed for all you guys still waiting ; you're almost there !
congratulation! your PR is now on horizon!

In the email it dose say that to email if outside canada or USA...

like this:
"If you or any of your accompanying family members are outside Canada or the United States, please disregard the following instructions and contact [email protected] so that we can make arrangements to issue the documents at a local visa office".

good luck!:thumbs:
Old Oct 14th 2015, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

finally! did my landing as PR last Sun..))

1 Q though: do they not removed the TWP visa when we do our PR landing? Mine still attached to my passport!
Old Oct 15th 2015, 2:12 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Ours didn't get removed either. I took them out when I sent passports back to UK for renewal.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of

Thanks KuroKuro and Hasan78. Hasan, I had this info on my email and did write to them accordingly. Too bad it will cause an extra delay, I guess they could include a link to a list of foreign visa offices, per country, who deliver COPR... I hope they don't take too long to answer my email.
Anyway, it's just a matter of time now.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Ernie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant future

Received my passport copy request on Tuesday, posted all the documents today. That makes almost 5 months exactly from submitting my application!! I wonder if the processing timeline is starting to slip from the 4 months we saw in the summer?
Old Oct 15th 2015, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ernie_wise
Received my passport copy request on Tuesday, posted all the documents today. That makes almost 5 months exactly from submitting my application!! I wonder if the processing timeline is starting to slip from the 4 months we saw in the summer?
Well seeing as CIC indicated a time of within 6 months when 1st introduced you are within the timeframe so be happy about that. Each application is different so don't judge timelines by others just use it as a guideline not gospel.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Ernie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Well seeing as CIC indicated a time of within 6 months when 1st introduced you are within the timeframe so be happy about that. Each application is different so don't judge timelines by others just use it as a guideline not gospel.
Absolutely... It was more an observation rather than a criticism.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Ours didn't get removed either. I took them out when I sent passports back to UK for renewal.
They are supposed to be removed by CBSA and destroyed.

FL's colleagues not doing their jobs properly *cough* (or maybe Service Canada if you didn't do a Flagpole).
Old Oct 15th 2015, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

SamJM is an unknown quantity at this point

Passport requests this morning!!! :-) Must be a record 3months 2 weeks since EE application uploaded!!
Old Oct 15th 2015, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Any of you guys sent your passport copies from outside Canada ? If so, where did you send them ?
Old Oct 15th 2015, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
They are supposed to be removed by CBSA and destroyed.

FL's colleagues not doing their jobs properly *cough* (or maybe Service Canada if you didn't do a Flagpole).
Actually not all work permits are stapled into a persons passport especially when not issued at a POE so if the person does a flag pole at a POE and there is no work permit in the passport then how can we destroy it
CIC would remove it if landing done at a CIC office.
Service Canada have nothing to do with this.
Old Oct 15th 2015, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Service Canada have nothing to do with this.
Yeah, I meant CIC...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.