Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Sep 23rd 2015, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by withabix
No. The yanks just write 'Flagpole' on the rejection slip in the office and send you back on a link road to the Canadian border approach road.

They probably don't like doing this on a cold, wet day, because it involves them walking across the yard and moving a plastic barrier to allow your car through.

We did this two weekends ago at Peace Arch (Douglas Border Crossing). It was very quiet that Saturday morning and the round trip from joining the back of the queue to enter USA to being Canadian PRs took us approx. 30 minutes at most.
I read about that, you went quite early which helped IIRC?
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Degs3112
That's a load of rubbish, don't worry about it! I live near the border by Vancouver and I "flagpoled" for my extension and I also know plenty of people that have done it as well. It's exactly what I plan to do for my PR also
Thats good news, some of the stuff I read suggested that it was necessary to go into the US for a reasonable period of time (day trip or whatever) or the Americans could be awkward and/or question your motives possibly resulting in a refusal

If theres no negativity then this is what I`d prefer to do, I briefly looked at the closest potential crossings and the nearest civilized places in the USA and all were, well, pretty basic at best and not somewhere I`d want to spend any time in TBH
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by energysolutions
Thats good news, some of the stuff I read suggested that it was necessary to go into the US for a reasonable period of time (day trip or whatever) or the Americans could be awkward and/or question your motives possibly resulting in a refusal

If theres no negativity then this is what I`d prefer to do, I briefly looked at the closest potential crossings and the nearest civilized places in the USA and all were, well, pretty basic at best and not somewhere I`d want to spend any time in TBH
Last time I tried to flagpole with an overnight stay in US, they made me flagpole that very day before going on to the US. Going through the border 3 times in one afternoon is not something I would recommend.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Last time I tried to flagpole with an overnight stay in US, they made me flagpole that very day before going on to the US. Going through the border 3 times in one afternoon is not something I would recommend.
The Americans insisted or the the CBSA?
Old Sep 24th 2015, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by energysolutions
The Americans insisted or the the CBSA?
Yeah, the US side. When I went through the US border the second time the agent seemed a little confused about why I'd flagpoled that day and said that if they'd seen me the first time around, they would've just let me go. So frustrating!
Old Sep 24th 2015, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

I finally managed to log in to CAS this morning and have found that I've had a Decision Made!

I'm guessing that the next thing I'm waiting for is PPR? Does this come through email and need to be scanned & uploaded? Or will it be back to the old method/paper trail?

Thanks, I'm so excited to (hopefully) be almost done!
Old Sep 25th 2015, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
I finally managed to log in to CAS this morning and have found that I've had a Decision Made!

I'm guessing that the next thing I'm waiting for is PPR? Does this come through email and need to be scanned & uploaded? Or will it be back to the old method/paper trail?

Thanks, I'm so excited to (hopefully) be almost done!
Congratulation to you and every one else who got theirs. good luck to those awaiting.

Yeah! you are likely to get an email. I got my email before any decision made seen on mycic. but never checked it any where else.

Hurrah! finally got my COPR today)...AT last some feeling of security!

Perfect timing! as flying back to UK in 2 weeks for holiday so hopefully can do my Landing in Pearson International on my return.

oh! what to expect at the POE? do I need to take any documents with me? other than the COPR paper of course! thank
Old Sep 26th 2015, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Good evening all, good news for me received PPR this evening approx 30 mins ago!!

what a huge relief, posting the passport copies tomorrow!

time to open a beer,

Last edited by Ally and Chris; Sep 26th 2015 at 2:54 am.
Old Sep 26th 2015, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ally and Chris
Good evening all, good news for me received PPR this evening approx 30 mins ago!!

time to open a beer,
Shouldn't be long now!

You might even get PR before you get to 2 years...
Old Sep 26th 2015, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ally and Chris

time to open a beer,
Congrats! Not long till you're through now.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

NineTails is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question. My older brother is married with kids in Alberta. He's been there for at least 10 years and has his permanent resident card. I'm looking for ways to possibly boost my score and help me get over there a lot sooner. Is there anything my brother could do on his end to help me out with my application that wouldn't cost him any money? He does own his own buisness, but I wouldn't ask him to give me a job offer to get me over as I believe that costs some considerable money on his part.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Degs3112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats ally and Chris! I just mailed my passport and photos on Friday and was delivered yesterday.... Anyone on here able to give their timeframe from sending to receiving their passport back?
Old Sep 29th 2015, 3:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NineTails
I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question. My older brother is married with kids in Alberta. He's been there for at least 10 years and has his permanent resident card. I'm looking for ways to possibly boost my score and help me get over there a lot sooner. Is there anything my brother could do on his end to help me out with my application that wouldn't cost him any money? He does own his own buisness, but I wouldn't ask him to give me a job offer to get me over as I believe that costs some considerable money on his part.
You'll get 5 extra points for having him as a relative if you're applying via FSW. Six selection factors – Federal skilled workers

HTH.
Old Sep 29th 2015, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of

So, I got a CIC email a couple of hours ago. My status has been updated, the "a background check is needed" line went from "not started yet" to "In progress".

To sum up :
11/04/2015 EE Profile activation
17/04/2015 ITA
13/05/2015 Application, payment
16/05/2015 AOR
21/05/2015 Medicals status to "passed"
29/09/2015 Background check to "in progress"

So I still don't have a date, but it feels like some human being has opened my file, it gives me hope again ! (Well I hope that's what it means...)

Old Sep 29th 2015, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by djaybi
So, I got a CIC email a couple of hours ago. My status has been updated, the "a background check is needed" line went from "not started yet" to "In progress".

To sum up :
11/04/2015 EE Profile activation
17/04/2015 ITA
13/05/2015 Application, payment
16/05/2015 AOR
21/05/2015 Medicals status to "passed"
29/09/2015 Background check to "in progress"

So I still don't have a date, but it feels like some human being has opened my file, it gives me hope again ! (Well I hope that's what it means...)

I swear these things are all random & there's no real standard process used by every employee. My background check was set to "In progress" the same day my medicals "Passed"... Which was really soon after my AOR!

Glad to hear you've had some movement though. This process isn't half tiresome, isn't it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.