Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Oct 30th 2015, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by SamJM
Yay!!! COPR this morning :-)Anyone had any experience 'landing' in Coutts? Wait for a phone call from Edmonton is 6 - 8 weeks!!!
Just don't go on a long weekend or after midnight. Any time after 8am is OK bearing in mind weekends are busier.
Old Oct 30th 2015, 8:49 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
You have to wrack up 1460 days in Canada (or living with Canadian spouse as PR or other outlaying exceptions)... It doesn't matter how long it takes you, so long as it's within a rolling 6 year bracket. So I'll actually become eligible in 4 years.
if the government revert back to IEC/TWP counting towards half time it will be sooner. Good to know that it is sooner then 6 years
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Well... Not to brag, but mine was 2 months & 3 days.

It's amazing how varied the processing time can be for different people. It really shows that you really can have no idea how it's going to turn out.
Just shy of 3 months for me (11th August submission). Absolutely no update other than Medical passed. Sigh.

It wouldn't surprise me if higher scorers, or even just people with PNP/jobs get processed first, and the rest end up in the 'backlog'. I'm anticipating mine will take the majority of the 6 months, as I was the lowest scorer in my draw.

I'm not in any rush now, though. Probably won't be moving out for a while now. Going to activate my residency as soon as convenient, but won't be moving straight away.

On that subject, does anyone have any useful information on this? I shouldn't have any issue activating the PR, but not officially 'moving' in the same trip, should I? Is there anything I should be aware of?
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 2:37 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Just shy of 3 months for me (11th August submission). Absolutely no update other than Medical passed. Sigh.

It wouldn't surprise me if higher scorers, or even just people with PNP/jobs get processed first, and the rest end up in the 'backlog'. I'm anticipating mine will take the majority of the 6 months, as I was the lowest scorer in my draw.

I'm not in any rush now, though. Probably won't be moving out for a while now. Going to activate my residency as soon as convenient, but won't be moving straight away.

On that subject, does anyone have any useful information on this? I shouldn't have any issue activating the PR, but not officially 'moving' in the same trip, should I? Is there anything I should be aware of?
When did you get your ITA and what were you points score?
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Ernie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant future

So my Express Entry journey is over, since I activated my PR status last Friday! After 6 months 15 days, it took about 1hr25mins at the Lewiston bridge crossing. But there were a couple of sticky moments that I should probably share for the benefit of others:

I arrived at the US crossing by car at about 7:45PM on Friday night and there was no line up. When I reached the border guard I handed him my passport and told him that I was intending to leave Canada, enter the US and return to activate my PR. He directed me to a building where I waited for another guard to give me the administrative refusal paperwork.

FIRST STICKY MOMENT: 8:10PM Got the paperwork and proceeded to return to the Canadian border. Once I arrived there, I told the CBSA guard that I wished to activate my PR. She asked where I had come from and I explained what had happened on the US side and handed her the US paperwork. She then told me that I should not have done what I did, and I had not actually left Canada because I had not intended to leave Canada and enter the US. She asked who told me that I was able to do that, and I would probably have to make an appointment to activate my PR and might be refused. Utterly confused, I responded that I had simply been honest at the US side and followed, to the best of my knowledge, the instructions on my COPR. She directed me into the building to be processed.

Maybe she was new, I don't know. But the guard inside explained that what I did was fine. Apparently this summer a lot of people had been walking onto the Rainbow bridge and walking straight into the Canadian office to be processed without going to the US side. They couldn't tell where the people had come from and there were line-ups for hours.

STICKY MOMENT TWO: Everything seemed to be going OK until the guard asked for my proof of funds, which I didn't have with me and didn't have access for various reasons. My heart sank and I thought that maybe that was it, until he suggested that a pay slip from work would be sufficient. Luckily I happened to have my most recent pay slip from work in my pocket and he accepted it!!

9:10PM After a roller coaster of an evening, my PR status was confirmed and I received a book for newcomers to Canada (ironically I've spent almost 5 years here). But no flag !

So the lessons of the story are;
1. If you can spend the day in the US, it's probably better since you'll avoid any confusion, but if it is fine to flagpole.
2. Bring your application documents, up-to date proof of funds and a pay slip as a backup (if you have it). I printed off a few docs as I rushed out of the office, but not the crucial things that I needed.

Last edited by Ernie_wise; Nov 3rd 2015 at 3:43 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2015, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of

So, I have my COPR in my hands... Here is the timeline :

17/04/2015 ITA
13/05/2015 Application ; 16/05/2015 AOR
29/09/2015 Background check to "in progress", ECAS "Decision Made"
14/10/2015 Passport Request form Ottawa. I responded them I am in Paris.
21/10/2015 I write via e-mail to the Canadian embassy in Paris.
23/10/2015 via e-mail, They tell me to send the Passport copies and photos to the Canadian Embassy in Paris.
31/10/2015 COPR in my mail.

I'll be flying to Canada in a couple of weeks, I'll let you know !
Old Nov 7th 2015, 10:16 pm
Bex in the city

Trying to fill in my EE profile and have managed all the sections apart from personal details - it is not loading up for some reason. Anyone else having this issues. I have tried different browsers and I find it strange that it is only this section?
Old Nov 7th 2015, 10:56 pm
Bex in the city

Success!!!!!

Have just submitted my EE profile (pending job bank registration)

Points - 468

Eligible: CEC and FSW

Edit: now jobs bank isn't working and not letting me use the activation code FFS!!!

Last edited by beckiwoo; Nov 7th 2015 at 11:37 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2015, 5:43 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kswoosh

Landing as PR-Canada : British Expat Wiki

Old Nov 9th 2015, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
When did you get your ITA and what were you points score?
ITA 12 June, Submitted 11 August. Score was 489 (lowest score in my draw).
Old Nov 9th 2015, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting perspective on Express Entry

Irish skilled-trade workers feel ‘cheated’ by Canada’s new immigration rules | Toronto Star
Old Nov 9th 2015, 7:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015
The cabinet maker in the article could have applied under Alberta PNP (skilled trades) and got an additional 600 points. Apparently, he didn't look into it properly and is now blaming the system.

Old Nov 9th 2015, 11:36 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
The cabinet maker in the article could have applied under Alberta PNP (skilled trades) and got an additional 600 points. Apparently, he didn't look into it properly and is now blaming the system.

You get a lot of this I find. It's like the people that think they can just fill out a form or two, then pick up their PR status just like that! They're invariably the ones that slate the system when it doesn't go their way.
Old Nov 9th 2015, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

He could also ask his employer to apply for a no fee LMIA to support his PR application through EE...
Old Nov 10th 2015, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Success!!!!!

Have just submitted my EE profile (pending job bank registration)

Points - 468

Eligible: CEC and FSW

Edit: now jobs bank isn't working and not letting me use the activation code FFS!!!
Welcome to the 'superbly-functioning' CIC Express Entry website. Which only gets worse the further you get towards your goal, by the way...

Try another browser.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.