Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Aug 19th 2015, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by newlife_canada
Hello everyone I have been following this thread for a while, and want to thank everyone for their experiences and updates.

We have created a EE profile and only have 350 points, and currently waiting for our provincial nomination to be assessed. Which once grated will give us another 600 points for PR.

So could anyone please advise how long it was from getting there nomination to receiving an ita

Many thanks in advance
Hi, I didn't apply for PNP, but I think that once you have applied into Express Entry with it, it's literally just a case of waiting until the next draw, as most are way below what you would get with the additional 600 points.

So if you put in your application to EE with your PNP nomination attached, it will probably only take around a month at most to get ITA.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok great thank you for your reply kuro.

How often are the draws monthly? And is there a particular date in the month say the end?
Old Aug 19th 2015, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ajster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant future

Hello everyone I have been following this thread for a while, and want to thank everyone for their experiences and updates.

We have created a EE profile and only have 350 points, and currently waiting for our provincial nomination to be assessed. Which once grated will give us another 600 points for PR.

So could anyone please advise how long it was from getting there nomination to receiving an ita

Many thanks in advance
I received my ITA less than a week after i had my PNP granted.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ajster
I received my ITA less than a week after i had my PNP granted.
That soon! Great. Just out of interest which province ?
Old Aug 19th 2015, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Ajster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant futureAjster has a brilliant future

That soon! Great. Just out of interest which province ?
BC
Old Aug 20th 2015, 7:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok great thank you for your reply kuro.

How often are the draws monthly? And is there a particular date in the month say the end?
More often than once a month, no particular date though. You can see all of the past draws (dates, points etc) on the CIC website.

HTH.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else keep getting phantom emails saying there has been an update to your application, but then log in to MyCIC, only to not be able to see anything new?
Old Aug 20th 2015, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

yes that happens a lot.

I am officially at 4 months since I applied now... the waiting continues.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

sugarlips12 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello all,
i recently just found i have been selected for PNP via express entry shock!! i didnt expect to be selected with 432 points but luck is on my side.
has any one been through this process? can you shed any info?
will this mean i will get extra help with jobs, accommodation etc
Old Aug 20th 2015, 4:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sugarlips12
hello all,
i recently just found i have been selected for PNP via express entry shock!! i didnt expect to be selected with 432 points but luck is on my side.
has any one been through this process? can you shed any info?
will this mean i will get extra help with jobs, accommodation etc
Congrats! Your nomination will give you an extra 600 points, hence the selection. Which province?

No, it's just a visa application process, you don't get any help with housing or jobs. You'll need to sort those yourself, for that take a look at our excellent wiki.

Good luck.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Degs3112
You can do it yourself by using your EE number, surname, D.O.B and country of birth... If using your EE number then make sure you select "application number"
Well, that worked ! Thank you. Although I'm not sure it's any different from the MyCiC profile.
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Got round to posting our photos and passport copies today.

Shouldn't be long now!
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Gorbzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to all who got an invite on Friday night, details below.

#15 – August 21, 2015

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on August 21, 2015 and ending on August 22, 2015 is 1,523.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on August 21, 2015 at 14:38:31 UTC, have been assigned a total of 456 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

miss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond reputemiss_mp has a reputation beyond repute

I was just wondering how ITA's work. Am I right in thinking that everyone who is eligible above those no of points will get an invite, and it will be more than the 1,523, but only the first successful 1,523 will get selected? What happens if you're eligible, but not get your application in time before the 1,523 gets selected? Do you then have to wait till the next round or do you automatically get put into the next quota of invites? Or do you need to wait until you're eligible again, and then re-submit an application and wait and see if you get into the quota?
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss_mp
I was just wondering how ITA's work. Am I right in thinking that everyone who is eligible above those no of points will get an invite, and it will be more than the 1,523, but only the first successful 1,523 will get selected? What happens if you're eligible, but not get your application in time before the 1,523 gets selected? Do you then have to wait till the next round or do you automatically get put into the next quota of invites? Or do you need to wait until you're eligible again, and then re-submit an application and wait and see if you get into the quota?

There will only have been 1523 people in the Pool who had 456 points or more at precisely 14:38:31 on 21st August.

That's how it works.

Each draw they currently appear to try and select approx 1500 people and adjust the threshold score so that they get as close to that figure as possible.

If you didn't get selected, you either weren't in the Pool at the time of the draw (which is why it has a very specific time in hours, minutes and seconds) or you had 455 points or less.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.