The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Jul 16th 2012, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Location: originally from Portchester, Nr Fareham UK now Braeside, nr Arnprior, Ontario and loving it!
Martian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant future
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Originally Posted by Mr and Mrs B.
We did contact them before when ECAS suddenly showed an address we have never used and we asked them then if they could tell us anything about our application but they said they could not comment on individual cases. It's all so bloody frustrating! If they told me "your case will go into process in ugust this year (or November or whatever) I could live with it, but this not knowning is driving me bonkers.

Thanks for the encouraging words though

That said, which email address do I contact London on? Which address did you use Martian75?
Hi there, my husband e-mailed them. I will ask him which e-mail he used. This is the response that we got back after 18 days:

Thank you for your email.
Your application has been reviewed and we will be contacting you again shortly.
We have the following mailing address for you:
Correct address shown

If this is not correct, then please advise us.

Yours sincerely,

LBM

Immigration and Medical Services Division

High Commission of Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London W1K 4AA, United Kingdom

Government of Canada

Web site: www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca

This is showing case specific info, so not sure why they are saying that they won't give you info. You need to contact them if they have the wrong address as your med requests and any other info they want comes in the post and they are time sensitive requirements. I would badger them constantly until they give you the answers you need, your timeline is ridiculous! I really hope you get some answers soon, keep bothering them!
Old Jul 16th 2012, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

How can they treat people like this I'm sorry to be such a Debby Downer today but it's really got to me. The endless worry and the stress is really taking its toll.
No Sorry's... We all know how you feel, I agree completely if they would give you some indication of when even if months away it would let you plan your life. Its the complete not knowing is just horrible.

Big hugs - hope you hear something soon (hope we all do!!) - keep us posted....
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto!! Well said!
Old Jul 16th 2012, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

AlJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone advise re. the following:
When we go online to check our application status, the address that is showing as our address is a partial address not our full address.
Should it show the full address or is it showing only partial address for everyone else?
Concerned that if they have only got the partial address showing on the system that post might not reach us.
Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

I have just checked ours and it shows the full address (minus the county) but the postcode is there. Is your postcode there? I don't really know but for piece of mind it might be worth emailing them. Did you get an email with your PER letter? Ours showed our full address on that.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
Hi there,

I have just checked ours and it shows the full address (minus the county) but the postcode is there. Is your postcode there? I don't really know but for piece of mind it might be worth emailing them. Did you get an email with your PER letter? Ours showed our full address on that.
We live in Ireland so there is no postcode. We have changed address since the PER letter so our old address on that letter. Thye have put the new address on the check application page but just two lines of it. Two lines missing.

I think will take you advice to be on the safe side and send them an email to check as would hate medical forms to go missing. Thanks.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Mr and Mrs B. will become famous soon enoughMr and Mrs B. will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Martian75
Hi there, my husband e-mailed them. I will ask him which e-mail he used. This is the response that we got back after 18 days:

Thank you for your email.
Your application has been reviewed and we will be contacting you again shortly.
We have the following mailing address for you:
Correct address shown

If this is not correct, then please advise us.

Yours sincerely,

LBM

Immigration and Medical Services Division

High Commission of Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London W1K 4AA, United Kingdom

Government of Canada

Web site: www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca

This is showing case specific info, so not sure why they are saying that they won't give you info. You need to contact them if they have the wrong address as your med requests and any other info they want comes in the post and they are time sensitive requirements. I would badger them constantly until they give you the answers you need, your timeline is ridiculous! I really hope you get some answers soon, keep bothering them!

Got a reply from that same LBM (even though we did not email her/him) saying that our case is still awaiting review by an officer and that they will contact us as soon as they are able to.
He/she assured us that they have the right address for us on file and that it is a glitch in the system.
Although I really appreciate the reply, it makes me possibly even more frantic with worry ( Our case has not even been seen by anyone yet...how is that possible after 15 months of waiting ( As much as I love Canada, it makes me feel like packing up and going back to the UK.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Location: originally from Portchester, Nr Fareham UK now Braeside, nr Arnprior, Ontario and loving it!
Martian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant future

Got a reply from that same LBM (even though we did not email her/him) saying that our case is still awaiting review by an officer and that they will contact us as soon as they are able to.
He/she assured us that they have the right address for us on file and that it is a glitch in the system.
Although I really appreciate the reply, it makes me possibly even more frantic with worry ( Our case has not even been seen by anyone yet...how is that possible after 15 months of waiting ( As much as I love Canada, it makes me feel like packing up and going back to the UK.
I didn't want to make you worry more. I am sure that you will hear something soon, you must be so frustrated! Just hope that your e-mails might kick someone up the arse to get started on your application. Once our status changed to In Process we got our med request sent out 20 days later so once it changes it does move the process on. We were also asked to complete some forms again with updated info, even though our names, work details etc. haven't changed in the year since we sent it all! However the forms have! I am really keeping my fingers crossed for you that your waiting is over soon.....we love Canada too so understand how you feel about being here
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Just thought of this, it might help!

How to make a request under the Access to Information Act
www.cic.gc.ca
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...uests-atip.asp

Its $5 and it is for:
•Requests that pertain to information about CIC;
•Requests for information that would have been created by CIC;

It might give you a better idea about how the application has been handled and what has been done with it. Certainly worth $5!

Take a look at the website link
Old Jul 18th 2012, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Mr and Mrs B. will become famous soon enoughMr and Mrs B. will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Martian75
I didn't want to make you worry more. I am sure that you will hear something soon, you must be so frustrated! Just hope that your e-mails might kick someone up the arse to get started on your application. Once our status changed to In Process we got our med request sent out 20 days later so once it changes it does move the process on. We were also asked to complete some forms again with updated info, even though our names, work details etc. haven't changed in the year since we sent it all! However the forms have! I am really keeping my fingers crossed for you that your waiting is over soon.....we love Canada too so understand how you feel about being here
Oh I didn't mean you made me worry more, it was more CIC that seems to have done nothing with our case.
You have been nothing but kind and you certainly bolstered my spirits I share your hope that this might mean someone will actually look at our case. I also saw your second post about the access of information! Very useful!! I didn't even know it existed! Gues what I'll be spending my money on!?

Once again, thank you for taking the time to commiserate I really appreciate it This whole process makes you feel quite isolated sometimes and hearing encouraging words from others helps, I find
Old Jul 18th 2012, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Does anyone know if there is a roughly consistent timescale from when you go into "real process" and getting medical forms?

We were notified by CIC Nova Scotia on 14th Feb 2012 that we met the criteria and would be processed. We went into "real" process 18th June 2012. Just wondering if there was a standard timecales from real process to medsical forms or if there isn't a consistent timescale and it varies from person to person. Trying to tailor our expectations!!!!! Thanks.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Ontario Bound is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I knew My started processing date is 6 June (same as annie-Ireland's). She received her med request on 3 July (dated 25 June i think) but I'm still waiting to hear.

The waiting is so hard.

Just found out my niece is poorly again in Toronto which is not helping with the waiting ;(
Old Jul 19th 2012, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Really sorry to hear that OB.

Aljay, we got PER on 9th May and they started processing on 6 June - along with so many others. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any logic in it at all...
Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:48 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

And we got PER on 10th feb, but ours still says "we recieved you application on... blah"

Bit like waiting on a bus that might have broken down. Will they send another one, or just cancel the route completely, lol.

Nice if they could let us know though
Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AlJay
Does anyone know if there is a roughly consistent timescale from when you go into "real process" and getting medical forms?

We were notified by CIC Nova Scotia on 14th Feb 2012 that we met the criteria and would be processed. We went into "real" process 18th June 2012. Just wondering if there was a standard timecales from real process to medsical forms or if there isn't a consistent timescale and it varies from person to person. Trying to tailor our expectations!!!!! Thanks.
We sent our app to Nova Scotia in July 2011, got notified in October 2011 that Nova Scotia had sent our application to London. Then our ECAS said received by Visa Office until 6th June 2012 when it changed to In Process, our med requests were sent 26th June and arrived 3rd July. There doesn't seem to be any logic at all We were also asked to complete the General Application form, the background information and the additional family form again as they wanted the info updated (well most of it hadn't changed!) and they wanted a new letter confirming my husbands job details. I do understand this as he could have left the job in the year since the application went off. Your time scale was quicker than ours going into process so hopefully they are moving a little quicker now If the 20 day send out is standard (who knows!) then you should be getting your med requests anyday This PR stuff is def not for the weak hearted!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.