The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Jul 11th 2012, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Ontario Bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Hi

Annie-Ireland's and my started processing dates are the same though she sent her application off 3 months earlier than I.

I don't have a medical request yet though...
Old Jul 15th 2012, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mr and Mrs B. will become famous soon enoughMr and Mrs B. will become famous soon enough

Wow! Some of you are doing *so* well!! Congrats to all whose applications are racing though, that's awesome news!

Ours is still at a standstill and hasn't moved alas. It's very disheartening when you hear that people who have received PER 6 months after you, are moving along the queue We are *still* RBVO, 15 months after receiving our PER. I am starting to worry quite a lot, I have to admit. My husband's company (he's here on an intra-company transfer, the company has offered him a permanent job) has just announced massive job cuts and here CIC is, taking their sweet time as if it isn't people's lives they're dealing with If my husband loses his job before PR comes through, we have to return to the UK and that just makes me so sad and angry. I know applications take their time but how is it possible that some people have been waiting for months/years without a word, when others seem to get their PR in less than a year? The system (if there is such a thing) seems random and unfair.

We've been here 4 years in August, built up a life here, spent a lot of money getting here and we've been in limbo for the last 16 months

Is anyone else in the same situation?
Old Jul 15th 2012, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

I'm so sorry, it must be so frustrating

Have they started processing the application at all? What does ecas say?
Old Jul 15th 2012, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Mr and Mrs B. will become famous soon enoughMr and Mrs B. will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ontario Bound
I'm so sorry, it must be so frustrating

Have they started processing the application at all? What does ecas say?
We are still "received by visa office", so no. By the looks of it,they haven't started processing at all. I am very envious of your timeline! Blimey.... We also have arranged employment, we're also FSW2 and there has been *no* movement for 15 months whereas you applied in Feb 2012 and they've already started on yours! Where's the logic in that? (I mean, I *am* delighted for you, of course! I wouldn't wish this waiting on anyone! Hopefully you'll get your PR soon!
Old Jul 15th 2012, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Don't apologise, I can just about imagine your frustration.

I'm still here in the uk. I wonder because I'm not yet helping the CA economy by working is expediting my application ie I have a CA job offer and they want me over there to start contributing to the economy.

I wonder if your hubby is already earning there is contributing to the perhaps more laid-back processing times.

Just guessing. I have NO idea what's going on
Old Jul 15th 2012, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Don't apologise, I can just about imagine your frustration.

I'm still here in the uk. I wonder because I'm not yet helping the CA economy by working is expediting my application ie I have a CA job offer and they want me over there to start contributing to the economy.

I wonder if your hubby is already earning there is contributing to the perhaps more laid-back processing times.

Just guessing. I have NO idea what's going on
I don't know, maybe that's it... but wouldn't it make more sense to proces the people who are already living and working in Canada first? I mean, they're already paying taxes, have built a life etc etc. Our application is based on the fact that the husband has a job here. If his employer decides to sack him (like I said, mass cuts have been announced), we're on the first plane out of here and Canada would lose future tax dollars. If we already had PR and the husband loses his job, it is much, much easier to get a new job and we could stay

The whole situation is just making me so worried and stressed... The fact that nothing has happened with our application since it arrived can't be good And of course, by the time they may get round to doing something with it, it means all our docs (police checks, IELTS test ect) will have expired and we'll need to shell out more money for them

Sorry....not having a very good day
Old Jul 15th 2012, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

(((hugs))) I hope you hear soon.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

Hi Mr and Mrs B,
They do seam to be processing the applications last in first out at the moment, have you tried contacting the London office for a status update? I think given your circumstances it would be reasonable to ask the question...
Ails
Old Jul 15th 2012, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Location: originally from Portchester, Nr Fareham UK now Braeside, nr Arnprior, Ontario and loving it!
Martian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mr and Mrs B.
I don't know, maybe that's it... but wouldn't it make more sense to proces the people who are already living and working in Canada first? I mean, they're already paying taxes, have built a life etc etc. Our application is based on the fact that the husband has a job here. If his employer decides to sack him (like I said, mass cuts have been announced), we're on the first plane out of here and Canada would lose future tax dollars. If we already had PR and the husband loses his job, it is much, much easier to get a new job and we could stay

The whole situation is just making me so worried and stressed... The fact that nothing has happened with our application since it arrived can't be good And of course, by the time they may get round to doing something with it, it means all our docs (police checks, IELTS test ect) will have expired and we'll need to shell out more money for them

Sorry....not having a very good day
I would definitely send them an e-mail, we did with less wait than you and they did reply. A week later our status was changed and we have just had our med requests. We sent our app to Nova Scotia July 2011, was sent to London November 2011 and our status finally changed to In Process early June, then meds request rec 3rd July. You have nothing to lose by e-mailing them. Hope you hear soon, it is very frustrating and worrying!
Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Martian75
I would definitely send them an e-mail, we did with less wait than you and they did reply. A week later our status was changed and we have just had our med requests. We sent our app to Nova Scotia July 2011, was sent to London November 2011 and our status finally changed to In Process early June, then meds request rec 3rd July. You have nothing to lose by e-mailing them. Hope you hear soon, it is very frustrating and worrying!
We did contact them before when ECAS suddenly showed an address we have never used and we asked them then if they could tell us anything about our application but they said they could not comment on individual cases. It's all so bloody frustrating! If they told me "your case will go into process in ugust this year (or November or whatever) I could live with it, but this not knowning is driving me bonkers.

Thanks for the encouraging words though

That said, which email address do I contact London on? Which address did you use Martian75?

Last edited by Mr and Mrs B.; Jul 15th 2012 at 8:34 pm. Reason: forgot to ask something
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

When you click on 'in Process' under the address what does it say?
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

When you click on 'in Process' under the address what does it say?
You mean for us? We are not even *in process* yet. Like I said, we are *still* labelled "Received by Visa Office". That's it. That's been the case for the last 15 months. I would be *delighted* if we were to go to "In Process:.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hun, I would be contacting CIC again x
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hun, I would be contacting CIC again x
We already did. They told me they can't give out case specific information.

I've just emailed that same address again, explaining how worried we are, but I doubt it will make a difference. How can they treat people like this I'm sorry to be such a Debby Downer today but it's really got to me. The endless worry and the stress is really taking its toll.

Thanks for everybody's support though.

Oh, I emailed the "re-london-im-enquiry@) address. Is that the correct one or should I have used a different one?

Last edited by Mr and Mrs B.; Jul 15th 2012 at 9:20 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

(((hugs))) I hope you get a positive response this time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.