Flybalaton

Old Jul 20th 2014, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flybalaton

I read somewhere that it was a british company but backed by Russian capital.
Old Jul 20th 2014, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

gcroft is an unknown quantity at this point

That's definitely a flier then....
Old Jul 20th 2014, 2:13 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cathyg
I read somewhere that it was a british company but backed by Russian capital.
LOL and I read it was a Hungarian representative of a British Company with three owners, one of whom is an Indian actor who may or may not also be a businessman and then there was mention of Egyptian involvement, the latter though is from the magyarhirlap so there is of course a bias. Hence me saying it's all a bit murky though also a bit intriguing ..................
Old Oct 7th 2014, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

As reported by Politics.hu:" Gábor Széles company SGH Aviation has purchased the assets of the airport in Sármellék at the western end of Lake Balaton, it was announced. Széles said his dream is to build a little Tuscany in Zala county."

Good or bad news???
Old Oct 7th 2014, 6:02 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cathyg
As reported by Politics.hu:" Gábor Széles company SGH Aviation has purchased the assets of the airport in Sármellék at the western end of Lake Balaton, it was announced. Széles said his dream is to build a little Tuscany in Zala county."

Good or bad news???
Personally, I think it is good Cathy and he has already invested a substantial amount of money in the area. I know some would say I am biased but Zala really is a lovely county and with the right investment and promotion, he could fulfil his dream!
Old May 24th 2015, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!
I've just registered and would like to know if anybody has new info on the airport, especially flights to London.

I'm a retired German with a Hungarian wife living (part time) near Hévíz with strong ties to Britain (have been to England dozens of times, my sister is married to an Englishman, they and their children have visited us regularly via Flybalaton in the good old times ...).
So I'd be grateful for any news, especially if it were positive ...
Old May 25th 2015, 10:56 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Doubtful anything will happen this year and I believe much will depend on the success of Zala Springs. Flights from Russia are fewer and I don't think they are flying to Riga this year.

I'm sure I recognise your user name, do you post quite regularly on a comments section?
Old May 25th 2015, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond reputewolfi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'm on politics.hu and on Hungarian Spectrum - but I promise to stay out of politics here ...
Old May 25th 2015, 12:59 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Aha, yes I've read some of your ... debates Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll have lots to contribute
Old May 29th 2015, 1:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by wolfi
Yes, I'm on politics.hu and on Hungarian Spectrum - but I promise to stay out of politics here ...
There is no need to do that. Just keep within our BE site rules.

Welcome to the wonderful world of BE.

Have a good browse around the entire site and get to know us all around the world.

Happy Posting
Old Apr 18th 2016, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

There's news on the Hévíz airport,though nothing much - still no flights to the UK it seems:

The number of passengers passing through Hévíz-Balaton Airport is expected to rise to approximately 25,000 this year from last year’s 22,000
... arrival of the first scheduled Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt ... In addition to the Frankfurt charters, Belgian airline VLM is operating flights to Heviz from Dusseldorf, Friedrichshafen, Berlin and Hamburg, while Salamon Reisen is organizing charters from Dresden, Leipzig and Erfurt, the mayorʼs office said, according to MTI. Green travel is raising the number of charters from Turkey from 11 to 16 a week, and Russiaʼs Utair is expected to operate 20 flights between Moscow and Hévíz-Balaton Airport, it added.
Moscow and Turkey sounds to me a bit of wishful thinking ...
But we'll have to wait.

Passenger numbers could rise to 25,000 at Hévíz Airport | The Budapest Business Journal on the web | bbj.hu
Old Apr 18th 2016, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Update:
That Belgian charter airline VLM also has flights from Luton to Ireland (though none to the continent as yet) but the flights from Germany to Hévíz don't appear yet in their schedule , so we have to wait ...
Old May 25th 2016, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not so good news for the Hévíz airport:

Belgian charter airline VLM seems to be in financial difficulties, asked for a payment moratorium. Just a few steps away from bankruptcy ...

Why can't successful Wizzair do flights from here?
Old May 26th 2016, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I don't think the Balaton has enough to offer for foreign tourists to want to come in big numbers. Other resorts like the Adriatic and Black sea are more geared up to cope with the requirements of foreigners.
Old May 26th 2016, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Last year they had around 20 000 passengers (during summer season only - and essentially just on Saturdays) and this year they hoped for 25 000, but not too long ago when RyanAir had those flights to London ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.