Flybalaton

Old Jul 12th 2013, 3:56 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flybalaton

Originally Posted by fidobsa
If you were going to somewhere like Balatonkenese, on the east end of the lake you are nearer to Budapest airport than Flybalaton. Is that area already more popular for UK and other flying tourists? I think if I had ever gone to Balaton for a holiday from UK I would not have wanted to go again.

They aren't, they are 10 minutes from me, 5 minutes from the airport.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 7:24 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

If it's down to passenger numbers, it looks promising
Old Jul 13th 2013, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

We first came to Balatonkenese in 1997 and that started our love affair with the Balaton. We have stayed at many places all round the lake but always came back to Balatonalmadi. Where we live now is a few kms back from the lake shore enough to be away from the madding crowd. I don't understand why more uk tourists don't come here but as I found out when we were leaving the uk most people don't know where Hungary is, they might have heard of Budapest but never Lake Balaton. Also the word lake doesn't do proper justice to the place.
My understanding is that Hungary are looking to the East for tourists not to the west?
Old Jul 13th 2013, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cathyg
We first came to Balatonkenese in 1997 and that started our love affair with the Balaton. We have stayed at many places all round the lake but always came back to Balatonalmadi.
Good choice, I love Balatonalmadi I think Brits don't come to Hungary because as you point out, most have not heard of it or think it is Romania which for some people conjures up negative images. Quite frankly I am pleased there are not too many Brits here; don't want it ruined like France or some parts of Spain. I don't think it ever will be a top holiday destination as it will always be a bit rough around the edges, the language is difficult, the bureaucracy etc etc. Of course some people are wrongly told by unscrupulous Brits turned property 'agents' that Hungary is something it isnt...but I suppose that happens everywhere.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough

Just wondered if there was any more news on UK routes to Heviz Airport???

Also when is the next meet up in September -never know we may be there for it
Old Aug 18th 2013, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
They aren't, they are 10 minutes from me, 5 minutes from the airport.
Perhaps there are 2 villages called Balatonkenese then. The one I meant is in Veszprém county.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 1:42 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by fidobsa
Perhaps there are 2 villages called Balatonkenese then. The one I meant is in Veszprém county.
I think a case of crossed posts. Les & Jenn didn't say where they are but I know their village. I think it was you who mentioned Balatonkenese which, as you rightly said is in Veszprém county.

Hope it all went as well as it could on your trip. I'm way behind with email replies at the moment due to one of my darling children sneaking on my laptop & leaving me with a virus that corrupted all my security software drivers - not nice. Instead on being in the garden the past three days, apart from a trip to town, I have been stuck indoors sorting the problem! All fixed now so time to get some fresh air before playing catch up.....
Old Aug 19th 2013, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, everything went to plan, apart from not finding the car park I had booked at Zagreb airport and having to dump the car at a car park for a block of flats.
Actually I went for a meal on Thurs evening with other close family members. We went to one of those Crown Carvery pubs in Brum, £3.99 each and you help yourselves to veg so you can pile the plate with roast spuds etc. Charlie was OK when I picked him up from the kennels, if a bit more hungry than normal. Just realised, your comment on the Macdonalds meal must have been on a different thread!

Last edited by fidobsa; Aug 19th 2013 at 8:46 am. Reason: Explaining reason for going even further off topic.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:15 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Pleased to hear it worked out though must have been worrying having to dump the car.....
Carvery, we could do with one of those here - has been discussed many a time by many a person but no takers yet, the first to set up a restaurant selling quality food whether a carvery, other or mix will be onto a good thing. If we could, we would convert our barn into a restaurant catering to British tastes but with quality over quantity. If done right, folk will travel and so it doesn't need to be in the middle of the tourist areas and from experience of similar establishments in France & Croatia, being off the beaten track is all part of the appeal - I can but dream
Old Aug 21st 2013, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

davedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond reputedavedba has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Les and Jenn
Just wondered if there was any more news on UK routes to Heviz Airport???

Also when is the next meet up in September -never know we may be there for it
Hi,

New routes might be announced soon from/to Germany and Russia but not from the UK.

http://www.vg.hu/vallalatok/turizmus...zmusnak-410084
Old Aug 21st 2013, 6:04 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

I don't think we will hear anything about UK routes until end of October, probably even later... The usual is a rumour in the summer or Autumn then everybody waiting anxiously in the spring to hear the route announcements - hopefully next year will be the one
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Les and Jenn will become famous soon enoughLes and Jenn will become famous soon enough

I had an email from Heviz Airport they said they didnt have any info on flights to UK for next year

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
I don't think we will hear anything about UK routes until end of October, probably even later... The usual is a rumour in the summer or Autumn then everybody waiting anxiously in the spring to hear the route announcements - hopefully next year will be the one
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 12:23 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by Les and Jenn
I had an email from Heviz Airport they said they didnt have any info on flights to UK for next year
The meeting isn't until October and so nothing will be discussed until then and even then, it is not a certainty.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 4:22 pm
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

The meeting isn't until October

Fingers crossed!
Old Oct 7th 2013, 5:19 pm
Banned

Nora77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you fly with a Hungarian army jet plane over the lake?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.