GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old May 15th 2008, 11:08 pm
  #1351  
Account Closed
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,146
Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Hello Douglas
Your memory fails you
I am and never have been an in denial acronite, Im just another FN that is caught up in this mess, like you.
I hold nothing against any one who is in the same situation, acronite or not.
Im just not in a position where I can walk away and let my hard earned cash go to the Goan Government, neither will I slate anyone who is trying to do something about it
Yes I agree that you are a small part of this site and some of the information you have posted in the past has been very useful However at others times quite critical
Take your remark about me being an in denial acronite ?? that was un-called for and un-necessary and not true
People come on this site for help and support acronite or not

Karen


Originally Posted by Douglas M
Hi Karen,

Nice to hear from you again

I was resident in goa

It remains to be seen if i can prove it

I left because my visa was not renewed

I was aware that the govt could move against FNs, but didnt expect it to happen so soon

I dont feel i have been treated fairly, but that is not the issue

The goal posts have been moved in gao, but indian laws allow them to do that

I welcome your questions, nobody is shouting anyone down, Im just applying facts and reason for the benefit of others. I already know this stuff.

People post and dont post for all sorts of reasons on this site, douglas is a minor part of it.

From memory you were an in denial acronite, i wont hold it against you.

regards
douglas
Goacrazy56 is offline  
Old May 15th 2008, 11:51 pm
  #1352  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 89
michellea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

There’s wisdom in humility.
Many a failure vainly chatters
about his great ability
when what he doesn’t know is what matters.
michellea is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 12:05 am
  #1353  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Douglas M's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Karen and Cliff
Hello Douglas
Your memory fails you
I am and never have been an in denial acronite, Im just another FN that is caught up in this mess, like you.
I hold nothing against any one who is in the same situation, acronite or not.
Im just not in a position where I can walk away and let my hard earned cash go to the Goan Government, neither will I slate anyone who is trying to do something about it
Yes I agree that you are a small part of this site and some of the information you have posted in the past has been very useful However at others times quite critical
Take your remark about me being an in denial acronite ?? that was un-called for and un-necessary and not true
People come on this site for help and support acronite or not

Karen
Hi Karen,

Apologies - apologies, my memory failed me, i understand how awful it must be to be mistaken for an acronite.

The goan govt will not take your hard earned cash.The goan registrar has very limited powers of confiscation (only for incorrect valuation i think.)

If anyone takes your hard earned cash it will probably be RBI (central govt)

The methods they may use will be confiscation, voiding, fining .

Whether they take your hard earned cash or not using the above methods depends on if you were indian resident or not and can prove it.

The fact that you can afford the loss or not is immaterial, so dont factor it into the equation.

Your anger level doesnt count either, so please stop directing it at douglas.

I am trying to give you help and support but you are so angry that you dont understand what i am saying.


regards
douglas
Douglas M is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 12:14 am
  #1354  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Irvine, North Ayrshire Scotland
Posts: 725
poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

What is the issue with residency, i have held a residential book for the past 6 years its been updated by the FRRO everytime ive had a new visa or left the country so yes i can prove i'm a resident of this country in black and white.
At the end of the day we are all trying to do whats best for us and for others in the same boat, i to cannot walk away, because i have nothing to walk away to niether to i have the money to walk away,
6years ago their were no guidelines for buyers, they just pointed out the rules of buying and if there were i did not see them otherwise i would never have brought a cow shed let alone a apartment, i did not see a risk then unlike the people that have taken that risk for the past 2/3 years.
poppetjay is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 12:38 am
  #1355  
Forum Regular
 
mywaygoa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: goa
Posts: 137
mywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the roughmywaygoa is a jewel in the rough
Angry Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

hi all
by the way i am not a acronite either, but does it not make your blood boil when you read churchill is going to meet the prime minister, after everything re foreigners properties taking them and auctioning them off, how dare he even show his face in britian!!!!:curse:
anyway have email the prime minister office re this, may help not sure if you need the address to email him go onto the petition site and at the top it says contact pm
there are 183 signatures now
well done kan con for getting some of us up and fighting keep it up!!!
i have also signed the petition and wrote to my local mp and lord malloch brown (or whatever his name is) but got no replies
sorry for the ramble so angry at the latest news:curse:
mywaygoa is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 1:12 am
  #1356  
Account Closed
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,146
Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

[My Dear Douglas
You are incorrect again
What ever make you think I am angry with you or the situation I find myself in out in Goa
I was over the anger 18 months ago I have learn't,It's a wasted emotion Im sure you will agree

I will however admit
I am a tad weary and tired
We have been living with this black cloud over us for the past 2.5 yrs.

Im also over the (oh my God!!!,oh no!!! this can't be happening.You call it denial
My thoughts now are Sh*t happens and it's happened to you lady!! and many others
However I am not yet at the stage where I am willing to walk away and cut my losses
Please don't take my post personal Douglas,they are not mean't to offend
Im just like many on this site looking for answers to a some what Impossible situation
Karen





QUOTE=Douglas M;6358144]Hi Karen,

Apologies - apologies, my memory failed me, i understand how awful it must be to be mistaken for an acronite.

The goan govt will not take your hard earned cash.The goan registrar has very limited powers of confiscation (only for incorrect valuation i think.)

If anyone takes your hard earned cash it will probably be RBI (central govt)

The methods they may use will be confiscation, voiding, fining .

Whether they take your hard earned cash or not using the above methods depends on if you were indian resident or not and can prove it.

The fact that you can afford the loss or not is immaterial, so dont factor it into the equation.

Your anger level doesnt count either, so please stop directing it at douglas.

I am trying to give you help and support but you are so angry that you dont understand what i am saying.


regards
douglas[/QUOTE]
Goacrazy56 is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 3:04 am
  #1357  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Douglas M's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by poppetjay
What is the issue with residency, i have held a residential book for the past 6 years its been updated by the FRRO everytime ive had a new visa or left the country so yes i can prove i'm a resident of this country in black and white.
At the end of the day we are all trying to do whats best for us and for others in the same boat, i to cannot walk away, because i have nothing to walk away to niether to i have the money to walk away,
6years ago their were no guidelines for buyers, they just pointed out the rules of buying and if there were i did not see them otherwise i would never have brought a cow shed let alone a apartment, i did not see a risk then unlike the people that have taken that risk for the past 2/3 years.
Hi poppetjay,

Unfortunately, your opinion as to your indian residency or otherwise is of little importance.

The official you are sitting opposite to at the time ,will make that decision.

The FRRO may have given you a residency permit, and another dept may agree to residency, or equally consider you to be non- resident at the time of the transfer.

Based on that decision, you will either be confirmed as a freeholder or a criminal subject to punishment under FEMA.

There doesnt appear to be any limit on the number of times you may have to prove residency either,( or to whom.)

I deeply sympathise with you, but it is important that you understand the rules of the game you have found yourself in.

kind regards
douglas
Douglas M is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 3:10 am
  #1358  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Douglas M's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
[My Dear Douglas
You are incorrect again
What ever make you think I am angry with you or the situation I find myself in out in Goa
I was over the anger 18 months ago I have learn't,It's a wasted emotion Im sure you will agree

I will however admit
I am a tad weary and tired
We have been living with this black cloud over us for the past 2.5 yrs.

Im also over the (oh my God!!!,oh no!!! this can't be happening.You call it denial
My thoughts now are Sh*t happens and it's happened to you lady!! and many others
However I am not yet at the stage where I am willing to walk away and cut my losses
Please don't take my post personal Douglas,they are not mean't to offend
Im just like many on this site looking for answers to a some what Impossible situation
Karen

Hi Karen,

Looks like we have found some common ground and reached some form of understanding.

Thats a nice feeling.

regards
douglas





QUOTE=Douglas M;6358144]Hi Karen,

Apologies - apologies, my memory failed me, i understand how awful it must be to be mistaken for an acronite.

The goan govt will not take your hard earned cash.The goan registrar has very limited powers of confiscation (only for incorrect valuation i think.)

If anyone takes your hard earned cash it will probably be RBI (central govt)

The methods they may use will be confiscation, voiding, fining .

Whether they take your hard earned cash or not using the above methods depends on if you were indian resident or not and can prove it.

The fact that you can afford the loss or not is immaterial, so dont factor it into the equation.

Your anger level doesnt count either, so please stop directing it at douglas.

I am trying to give you help and support but you are so angry that you dont understand what i am saying.


regards
douglas
[/QUOTE]
Douglas M is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 4:30 am
  #1359  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 71
More is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by a_f_d
please don't get your hopes up - I have participated in petitions with tens of thousands of signatures, and they are all dismissed on a technicality - in the present case there are plenty of those.
Get 200 people to write to their MP's and you will get a significantly greater result.

AndyD 8-(#
Hi Andy,

I tend to agree with you about the effectivness of the petition. I am not saying it is a bad idea but I am confused about the wording.

First of all I do not know of anyone who has been issued with a notice saying their house will be confiscated. Has anyone had one of these notices?

Secondly is the petition asking that estate agents in England be stopped selling properties in Goa? If it is then why go to the trouble of a petition.

I think the mistake is thinking that the petition will be the answer to our problems. We seem to be losing the focus of what the problem really is.
More is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 4:38 am
  #1360  
A little honey
 
Honey Bee's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: In the beehive
Posts: 443
Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by More
Hi Andy,

I tend to agree with you about the effectivness of the petition. I am not saying it is a bad idea but I am confused about the wording.

First of all I do not know of anyone who has been issued with a notice saying their house will be confiscated. Has anyone had one of these notices?

Secondly is the petition asking that estate agents in England be stopped selling properties in Goa? If it is then why go to the trouble of a petition.

I think the mistake is thinking that the petition will be the answer to our problems. We seem to be losing the focus of what the problem really is.

Hi More,

Estate Agents selling Goan Properties to FN's are conning people under Estate Agents Misrepresentation Act. You can't buy if you can't register your purchase. As Douglas says at the end of the day those who have bought since 2006 do not own their property.

Some who have registered are in the shite as well.
Honey Bee is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 5:20 am
  #1361  
BE Forum Addict
 
Remy-Ireland's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,685
Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Douglas M
Hi poppetjay,

Unfortunately, your opinion as to your indian residency or otherwise is of little importance.

The official you are sitting opposite to at the time ,will make that decision.

The FRRO may have given you a residency permit, and another dept may agree to residency, or equally consider you to be non- resident at the time of the transfer.

Based on that decision, you will either be confirmed as a freeholder or a criminal subject to punishment under FEMA.

There doesnt appear to be any limit on the number of times you may have to prove residency either,( or to whom.)

I deeply sympathise with you, but it is important that you understand the rules of the game you have found yourself in.

kind regards
douglas

Hi Douglas,

Does an FN have to prove residency at time of Registration (for those who managed to register pre Aug 06) or do they have to prove it for the actual time that they got their sale agreement or both? Just Curious?

Thanks,
Remy

PS. I know this has probably been answered mant times before but at the moment my brain is pickled and when i crack open this bottle of Noff it will be even more pickled so answer soon!

Last edited by Remy-Ireland; May 16th 2008 at 5:25 am.
Remy-Ireland is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 2:52 pm
  #1362  
BE Forum Addict
 
a_f_d's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 2,941
a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Douglas M
Hi poppetjay,

Unfortunately, your opinion as to your indian residency or otherwise is of little importance.

The official you are sitting opposite to at the time ,will make that decision.

The FRRO may have given you a residency permit, and another dept may agree to residency, or equally consider you to be non- resident at the time of the transfer.

Based on that decision, you will either be confirmed as a freeholder or a criminal subject to punishment under FEMA.

There doesnt appear to be any limit on the number of times you may have to prove residency either,( or to whom.)

I deeply sympathise with you, but it is important that you understand the rules of the game you have found yourself in.

kind regards
douglas
... and, at the risk of repeating myself <bg> FRO 'residency' is in no way connected with FEMA residency (or residency for income tax purposes either come to that)

AndyD 8-)#
a_f_d is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 3:19 pm
  #1363  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Douglas M's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi Douglas,

Does an FN have to prove residency at time of Registration (for those who managed to register pre Aug 06) or do they have to prove it for the actual time that they got their sale agreement or both? Just Curious?

Thanks,
Remy

PS. I know this has probably been answered mant times before but at the moment my brain is pickled and when i crack open this bottle of Noff it will be even more pickled so answer soon!
Hi Remy,

As i understand it, the transfer takes place when individuals/corporations with legal capacity identify the property, sign the sales deed and pay the consideration.

The 1908 registration act states that such instruments must be registered within four months of signing and the relevant fees and stamp duty paid.

The enquiring bodies appear to be focusing on the day of registration of the sales deed.

In my case i signed the sales deed and registered it on the same day.

kind regards

douglas
Douglas M is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 3:49 pm
  #1364  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Douglas M's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by More
Hi Andy,

I tend to agree with you about the effectivness of the petition. I am not saying it is a bad idea but I am confused about the wording.

First of all I do not know of anyone who has been issued with a notice saying their house will be confiscated. Has anyone had one of these notices?

Secondly is the petition asking that estate agents in England be stopped selling properties in Goa? If it is then why go to the trouble of a petition.

I think the mistake is thinking that the petition will be the answer to our problems. We seem to be losing the focus of what the problem really is.
Hi More,

I agree with your main points and the lack of focus displayed by FNs.

Re your second para, once a FN has been investigated and found wanting, the authority concerned will issue a show cause notice

The title is hopefully self explanatory, it is the opportunity for the FN to submit their final defence before sentence.

However, suspect they will adopt the slow torturous route for most FNs ie the file simply sits in a cupboard and the necessary clearances, permissions or NOCs etc are never issued.

kind regards

douglas
Douglas M is offline  
Old May 16th 2008, 6:02 pm
  #1365  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 71
More is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
Hi More,

Estate Agents selling Goan Properties to FN's are conning people under Estate Agents Misrepresentation Act. You can't buy if you can't register your purchase. As Douglas says at the end of the day those who have bought since 2006 do not own their property.

Some who have registered are in the shite as well.
Hi Honeybee,

I quite agree that estate agents are conning the people under EAMA.

I would feel much happier if our grouse was with an estate agent, because we would then have the law on our side as per the British courts.

At the moment there is a certain feeling of helplessness because we are dealing with a legal system that changes the goalpoasts when it suits them.

I think you will find that there is a lot of people who have bought prior to 2006 who do not own their properties because they have bought on an agreement of sale and cannot do their 183 days.

A point that I very rarely see mentioned on the site is that a FN cannot own a property in India if they have an income in anothr country (excluding pensions). I wonder how many buyers fall into that category?

More
More is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.