Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Apr 11th 2012, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
How was this clarified Andy?
I ask because Bo above has been personally told by consulate staff that this is not the case, so one would assume that not all the consulate staff are singing the same song.
Is there a reference for this BHC assurance?

Dread - x
ToI (and Heraldo I think) on 16th March - it was a clarification not a new policy.

AndyD 8-)₹
Old Apr 13th 2012, 5:05 am
Just Joined

Doug.L is an unknown quantity at this point

well im happy got my pio with real ease which was shocking but still ,i did pay a few bob , but maybe im the idiot because i havent found out if i keep my rights
Old Apr 13th 2012, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Doug.L
well im happy got my pio with real ease which was shocking but still ,i did pay a few bob , but maybe im the idiot because i havent found out if i keep my rights
Congratulations!
Old Apr 13th 2012, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

catpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nicecatpat123 is just really nice

Congratulations Doug.
Old Apr 13th 2012, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by catpat123
Congratulations Doug.
congrats - and you haven't lost any rights because PIO isn't any sort of [dual] citizenship.

AndyD 8-)₹
Old Apr 15th 2012, 5:14 am
Just Joined

Doug.L is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you guys but i dont think il put it to the buying a property test yet , renting seems the best idea. Thanks to brilliant advice on this site , thank you all of you , you made my head rule my heart x
Old Apr 15th 2012, 5:33 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Doug.L
Thank you guys but i dont think il put it to the buying a property test yet , renting seems the best idea. Thanks to brilliant advice on this site , thank you all of you , you made my head rule my heart x
Our pleasure Doug - we don't want anyone else to go through property aggro in Goa like so many have. Renting is sooooooo much less stressful.

Glad you got your PIO - at least you won't have to get out of the country for two months at a time.

Dread - x
Old May 3rd 2012, 8:37 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Question!!

Property registered in both parties names. One of them dies, how do you go about changing the Deeds. Anybody been in that situation, or knows anybody who has,

How do you sell, if you want too?
Old May 3rd 2012, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by noni
Question!!

Property registered in both parties names. One of them dies, how do you go about changing the Deeds. Anybody been in that situation, or knows anybody who has,

Noni, you need to ask a lawyer.
If I had to guess I would think the surviving party owns half of the property with the other half being part of the estate of the deceased, so the provisions of any will would apply. Goan law may also be involved.

AndyD 8-)#
Old May 3rd 2012, 9:34 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Noni, you need to ask a lawyer.
If I had to guess I would think the surviving party owns half of the property with the other half being part of the estate of the deceased, so the provisions of any will would apply. Goan law may also be involved.

AndyD 8-)#
Do I really need this! Goan law! a lot of bollox.
Sorry Andy don't mean you, my friend.
Old May 3rd 2012, 5:19 pm
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute

Question!!

Hello Noni

Since its in joint names, the procedure becomes fairly simple. However, as Andy has rightly suggested, you must consult a lawyer to avoid future problems and get clean paperwork and a clear title.

Has the deceased left behind a proper Will? This is very important.

Theres this online forum where you could also post a query. Heres one query that somewhat matches yours
http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/foru...eath-38420.asp

Hope this helps. If you need to consult a trusted lawyer, pls PM and I'll suggest one.

Since commercial content not permitted here on BE, must clarify that this is only to assist you and I have no financial interest in at all.

Cheers
Old May 3rd 2012, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Question!!

Noni, as IndianFriend has said, a 'bought' property rather than an 'inherited' property if there is a will; is straightforward.
At time of sale the heirs would be involved in giving their approval of the sale. I think it would be up to the buyer's lawyer whether they would accept e-mail signature(s) or not. (I sent a PM when you asked this question before.)
Old May 3rd 2012, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Noni, as IndianFriend has said, a 'bought' property rather than an 'inherited' property if there is a will; is straightforward.
At time of sale the heirs would be involved in giving their approval of the sale. I think it would be up to the buyer's lawyer whether they would accept e-mail signature(s) or not. (I sent a PM when you asked this question before.)
Further thoughts on above; both parties should specifically mention the Indian property in their wills (both could die together in an accident) and copies should be left with an Indian lawyer, (and heirs informed).
Old May 4th 2012, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Bo.Al is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't it better to setup a trust? Seems like the best option for US tax, not sure about UK tax laws.
Old May 7th 2012, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Rules on X visas published. (thanks to nycank on IM for spotting this -- also re-posted by J5).

AndyD ₹

Last edited by a_f_d; May 7th 2012 at 2:01 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.