GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Aug 14th 2012, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Veritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really nice
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by D4ve M
Well spotted Chameleons.
Its certainly an encouraging sign & I think we need to give BHC our support as they try and make progress. It's obviously not easy nor fast but the fact that there is a different Goa government may well open up an opportunity for resolving the situation. I look forward to seeing the update that Peter Beckingham says is due to be released.
I totally agree.
Veri
Old Aug 14th 2012, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by D4ve M
Following the above see the statement on the BHC thread of today.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 10:26 am
Just Joined

busybee1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property Issues

hi everyone just to let you know it seems the witch hunt is on again with the DOE with regards to property ownwership.
We were first called up like everyone else in 2007 and eventually the British High Commision got involved too. I dont know if any of you remember But simon stated back in feb 2011 that "if you had not recieved a notice than you would probably not get one and that if you had and a year had passed than the filed was probably closed"
Well four years after the last letter we have been summoned to DOE in Mumbia!!! We were one of the first so it looks like its all starting up again? Has anyone else recieved any letters and does anyone know what the time lapse period is??
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 1:06 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIRECTORATE OF ENFORCEMENT

Originally Posted by busybee1
hi everyone just to let you know it seems the witch hunt is on again with the DOE with regards to property ownwership.
We were first called up like everyone else in 2007 and eventually the British High Commision got involved too. I dont know if any of you remember But simon stated back in feb 2011 that "if you had not recieved a notice than you would probably not get one and that if you had and a year had passed than the filed was probably closed"
Well four years after the last letter we have been summoned to DOE in Mumbia!!! We were one of the first so it looks like its all starting up again? Has anyone else recieved any letters and does anyone know what the time lapse period is??

After all that has happened to me this year, this will just take the biscuit.
Please NO!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

hi noni yes its an awful thought that its all started again like the visa situation wasnt enough. sorry to hear that its been a bad year for you. i just so wish that Britain would stop making visa apps easier and start asking countries what are you offering ex pats!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

hi noni yes its an awful thought that its all started again like the visa situation wasnt enough. sorry to hear that its been a bad year for you. i just so wish that Britain would stop making visa apps easier and start asking countries what are you offering ex pats!!!
Every Indian rel. and friend that I have spoken to, on the subject, has viewed the non registration of British owned property as outrageous, in fact many find it difficult to believe.
That said given the population of billion with much poverty the offering of anything to expats will not be high on the government priority list. I suppose people choose to become expats.

Do you mean visas for visits to UK? If yes, then for Indian people it is not easy, it has been made slightly easier recently but until then coming for even a 2 week holiday to visit a relative was a bit of a nightmare at both ends and as Indianfriend has said prices have now gone up.

(and yes I know J5 will swoop in regarding illegal entry, I am referring to genuine visitors)
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 3:43 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Every Indian rel. and friend that I have spoken to, on the subject, has viewed the non registration of British owned property as outrageous, in fact many find it difficult to believe.
That said given the population of billion with much poverty the offering of anything to expats will not be high on the government priority list. I suppose people choose to become expats.

Do you mean visas for visits to UK? If yes, then for Indian people it is not easy, it has been made slightly easier recently but until then coming for even a 2 week holiday to visit a relative was a bit of a nightmare at both ends and as Indianfriend has said prices have now gone up.

(and yes I know J5 will swoop in regarding illegal entry, I am referring to genuine visitors)
Busybee and I, Bipat have got our Deeds registered. The Government of India moved the goal posts - we are not happy bunnies. The way you are treated when you are called before them beggars belief.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Looks like what goes around comes around!
busybee1 - I'm sorry but I don't know/remember details of your particular case but after trawling my own notes and the thread archives the best info I can find is from a post I made after the Meeting of 21st March 2011 (can anyone confirm that was the last meeting with BHCI?).
I reported:
# Persons on the DofE list (402 cases?) who have not yet received Show Cause Notices are now v. unlikely to get one. People who have received one (and responded) should have received a conclusion within 12 months or a letter of explanation.... people who have received neither should contact BHCI.

So assuming you did receive a Show Cause Notice way back: was there any previous follow up to the Notice e.g. a meeting?
# If so was there any other follow up?

If you didn't get any follow-up within 12 months then it seems from my notes that the BHCI asked to be informed.

I will re-check timescales in FEMA and will post again if I find anything different.

If the DofE are out of time then you have the option to apply to the High Court**.

AndyD 8-)

P.S. ** I have heard rumours that the DofE have been 'pestering' people (usually Indians who have bought from FN's) and when told that the file is out of time they have said 'so go to the High Court and then we'll stop'.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:06 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat

You know, I cant be bothered to have any dealings with people like you any more...............

Whilst maybe taking opposing sides, I had in recent times attempted to be polite (difficult).

Some of your responses have been obnoxious to say the least (hence my lack of replies) so please do not goad me by name................ this is trolling and against the rules of EVERY forum.

Further attempts to do so will be reported, including any smug response you may have to this post.

Just leave it, you know it makes sense.

Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Veritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really niceVeritas1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by a_f_d
busybee1 - I'm sorry but I don't know/remember details of your particular case but after trawling my own notes and the thread archives the best info I can find is from a post I made after the Meeting of 21st March 2011 (can anyone confirm that was the last meeting with BHCI?)................................................... ............................................
Yes, that was the date of the last BHC meeting, but there was a comment on the FCO website much later asking for anyone receiving DOE summons to contact the BHC.

The fact that official responses have not been received from Mumbai regarding DOE investigations and Compounding applications has already raised eyebrows within the accountancy profession in Goa and I think BHC are probably looking at that now as they were updated very recently. Is there anyone out there who has applied/about to apply for RBI compounding and able to give an update on their current situation? Secondly Compounding regulations have changed - both applicant and their professional advisors do now have the right to append statements, lower value FEMA violations are dealt with in Panjim, but some people have already experienced problems.

Very distressing that DOE should have reappeared after so long for all concerned - worry that no one needs.

Veri
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
You know, I cant be bothered to have any dealings with people like you any more...............

Whilst maybe taking opposing sides, I had in recent times attempted to be polite (difficult).

Some of your responses have been obnoxious to say the least (hence my lack of replies) so please do not goad me by name................ this is trolling and against the rules of EVERY forum.

Further attempts to do so will be reported, including any smug response you may have to this post.

Just leave it, you know it makes sense.

My post was answering that of Busybee who mentioned the ease of getting visas for UK.

The last time I mentioned the difficulties experienced by those genuine visitors from India to UK in getting a visa, you posted that it was justified because of illegal immigration. I was anticipating your reply. You may have noticed I put a 'joke tongue out sign'.

But the reality is I can always expect an unpleasant post from yourself. Report that remark if you wish.

Have you ever sat in a notaries office getting a sponsorship form for an Indian visitor signed?
It was always done in our town, one morning a month with a queue of all the 'browns' and those attached to "browns" together and the attitude that we were bits of dirt.
Nothing in anyway at all like the problems suffered by property owners in Goa I know but not particularly pleasant and not easy as Busybee suggested with getting all the evidence of house registration, tax returns etc. As I said it is different now at our end.
But you know all this I am sure in your all encompassing knowledge of matters Indian.

Could you quote some of my obnoxious posts and maybe I can correct them.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:43 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Please folk, lets not get personal but rather stick to the discussion at hand, no need to pick at each other, it isn't helping

Many thanks
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

D4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the rough

Hi Busybee..Yes I do remember Simon saying that.
Have you written to the BHC to tell them of this latest development? If not I think you should do so asap.

(Sorry I posted this comment on other thread as well - before I read this thread)
Old Nov 24th 2012, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: DIRECTORATE OF ENFORCEMENT

Originally Posted by a_f_d
busybee1 - I'm sorry but I don't know/remember details of your particular case but after trawling my own notes and the thread archives the best info I can find is from a post I made after the Meeting of 21st March 2011 (can anyone confirm that was the last meeting with BHCI?).
I reported:
# Persons on the DofE list (402 cases?) who have not yet received Show Cause Notices are now v. unlikely to get one. People who have received one (and responded) should have received a conclusion within 12 months or a letter of explanation.... people who have received neither should contact BHCI.

So assuming you did receive a Show Cause Notice way back: was there any previous follow up to the Notice e.g. a meeting?
# If so was there any other follow up?

If you didn't get any follow-up within 12 months then it seems from my notes that the BHCI asked to be informed.

I will re-check timescales in FEMA and will post again if I find anything different.

If the DofE are out of time then you have the option to apply to the High Court**.

AndyD 8-)

P.S. ** I have heard rumours that the DofE have been 'pestering' people (usually Indians who have bought from FN's) and when told that the file is out of time they have said 'so go to the High Court and then we'll stop'.
Thanks andyd I was certain that you'd have some useful info. Yes we did contact the bhc when it all kicked off years ago and again when there was no follow up but to be honest despite offering ourselves to be used to the fullest extent the bhc has and never did have any interest?? But well take your advise and contact bhc again
Old Nov 24th 2012, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

D4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the roughD4ve M is a jewel in the rough

Thanks andyd I was certain that you'd have some useful info. Yes we did contact the bhc when it all kicked off years ago and again when there was no follow up but to be honest despite offering ourselves to be used to the fullest extent the bhc has and never did have any interest?? But well take your advise and contact bhc again
Busybee..
The BHC has been working behind the scenes for the last few years on this. But in the past, there was little will on the part of the Goan authorities to do anything.

But now there are signs (who knows how real they are) that the CM is minded to make progress on this issue.

Your situation is a current & real problem that could well be a one which the BHC could take up with some urgency to test whether there is any substance in the CM's statements.

That's why I suggest writing to BHC again. May come to nothing but seems to me you have nothing to lose. Best bet may be to complete a new proforma and send it & a covering email to the address a_f_d has posted in the Proforma thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.