Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

dickylewis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

[QUOTE=noni;9295094]
Originally Posted by swamp duck
Hi Alles, I also would be grateful if you would private message me Chris Gregory's address plus any other information you may have on him.
Regards Swampi Duck:

Have re-opened the Chris Gregory thread, please will you put all messages there and try and keep this thread for the property issues I am as much to blame as anybody else.
Hi Noni; remember me?
Old Apr 13th 2011, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Sun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really nice

Found this on a web site today at least one agent is giving some truths

Foreign Nationals are permitted to lease property in India for a period of up to 5 years without the need for any special permission from the Reserve Bank of India.
Foreign companies who have been permitted to open an office in India are also allowed to acquire any immovable property in India, which is necessary for or incidental to carrying on such activity. This stipulation is not available to entities which are permitted to open liaison offices in India.
Though RBI rules allow a foreign national who is a Resident of India (i.e. one who has completed more than 182 days stay in India in the previous financial year) to buy property, the rule also states that "... the person concerned would have to obtain the approvals, and fulfils the requirements if any, prescribed by other authorities, such as the concerned State Government". We DO NOT advise foreign nationals to attempt to purchase property in Goa via this route at the moment.
(Please refer the RBI Website for full details)
Old Apr 13th 2011, 8:46 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Foreign Nationals are permitted to lease property in India for a period of up to 5 years without the need for any special permission from the Reserve Bank of India.
This is about the only bit that would apply to an ordinary, straightforward British citizen.

This is probably why so many who like to pretend they have actually bought somewhere are on this very arrangement?

Some develeopers have promised that this lease is guaranteed to be renewed. Were this to be the case, the initial lease would be illegal, as in real terms it would be for more than 5 years.

Lets not beat around the bush, I'm referring to St Acron.......no mention of them lately. Has anyone renewed their guaranteed lease lately?

Most 5 year leases from normal Goa developers (read thieving, corrupt, dishonest little sh*ts) are not being renewed without a massive payment. In effect, you are being told to buy your property again, or give it back to the shyster you bought it from. Ironically, these b@st@rds are obeying the letter of the law most probably?

On a slightly different tack, should you do the sensible thing and rent rather than "buy"? Try convincing your cuddly smiley Goan landlord to give you a five year lease so you can have a shot at getting an "x" visa on this potential basis...........in fact try to get him/her to give you a one year lease. (Legally binding, I mean)
It would appear that slime-ball Goan lawyers advise all their clients to only grant 11 month leases, supposedly for "tax" reasons.
As is usual in Goa, its screw the foreigner, why do anything to help them with the diabolical visa issues if it means you might have to pay the income tax due.......heres the deal, take it or leave it!

Third world country, fourth world morals, fifth world honesty............heaven help them when the real world catches up with them

Last edited by johnny five; Apr 13th 2011 at 8:49 am.
Old May 19th 2011, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

IN Goan Voice today there is an advertisement relating to how to get property in Goa.Its Russian though.I would have thought that even stupid Russianss would have got the message now that its all a complete rip off.
Old May 19th 2011, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Lewys has a spectacular aura aboutLewys has a spectacular aura aboutLewys has a spectacular aura about

Perhaps the Russian Mafia have linked up with the Goan Mafia.
Old May 26th 2011, 7:18 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robinwood
oops ! who gonna take this issue seriously ?... Goa is a place to enjoy.... so why don't we stop this crap here and talk about the beautiful spots over ther
And you are?

Old May 27th 2011, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

erinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really nice

oops ! who gonna take this issue seriously ?... Goa is a place to enjoy.... so why don't we stop this crap here and talk about the beautiful spots over ther
NOT TOO SURE WHAT YOU ARE REFERRIING TO BUT FOR ME IT'S NOT "CRAP" AS YOU SO ELEGANTLY PUT IT TO LIVE WITH THE CONTINUOUS WORRY OF MY HOME NEVER BEING LEGALLY REGISTERED AS MINE AND THE SOUL DESTROYING RISK OF MY LIFE SAVINGS BEING POTENTIALLY LOST DUE TO CONFISCATION. DON'T KNOW WHAT OTHERS FEEL BUT THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER THREADS TO COVER THE POSITIVES OF GOA. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH BEING ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT THE MANY GOOD THINGS BUT THESE ARE ADEQUATELY COVERED UNDER THOSE OTHER THREADS, NOT THE PROPERTY THREAD. THIS THREAD IS FOR THOSE OF US IN THIS DREADFUL PREDICAMENT. IF IT DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU BE GRATEFUL. IF IT ANNOYS YOU THEN I RESPECTFULLY SUGGEST YOU IGNORE THIS THREAD.
Old May 27th 2011, 7:10 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

THIS THREAD IF FOR PROPERTY ISSUES ONLY. ANYTHING ELSE WILL BE DELETED.
Old May 30th 2011, 8:18 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by erinsgirl
NOT TOO SURE WHAT YOU ARE REFERRIING TO BUT FOR ME IT'S NOT "CRAP" AS YOU SO ELEGANTLY PUT IT TO LIVE WITH THE CONTINUOUS WORRY OF MY HOME NEVER BEING LEGALLY REGISTERED AS MINE AND THE SOUL DESTROYING RISK OF MY LIFE SAVINGS BEING POTENTIALLY LOST DUE TO CONFISCATION. DON'T KNOW WHAT OTHERS FEEL BUT THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER THREADS TO COVER THE POSITIVES OF GOA. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH BEING ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT THE MANY GOOD THINGS BUT THESE ARE ADEQUATELY COVERED UNDER THOSE OTHER THREADS, NOT THE PROPERTY THREAD. THIS THREAD IS FOR THOSE OF US IN THIS DREADFUL PREDICAMENT. IF IT DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU BE GRATEFUL. IF IT ANNOYS YOU THEN I RESPECTFULLY SUGGEST YOU IGNORE THIS THREAD.
Here here Erinsgirl

Dread - x
Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

goanfool is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Anyone heard anything more regarding Majorda/Chris Gregory/Goa consortium?
I have a lot of money now lost I guess with gregory and the builders. I was involved with the goa consortium but that has gone quiet and nobody is replying to my requests for updates!!
Thanks
Old Aug 1st 2011, 9:56 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goanfool
Hi
I have a lot of money now lost I guess with gregory and the builders. I was involved with the goa consortium but that has gone quiet and nobody is replying to my requests for updates!!
Thanks
Hope somebody in the consortium will reply - good luck.

Anybody else got any updates for us on any of "Buyer Beware" issues.

Anybody recently had D of E letters?
Old Aug 1st 2011, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

More than 4 months now since I twice submitted the proforma to BHCI at Delhi and not even any acknowledgement of receipt.

Also, Shilpa never got back (as she promised) with the RTI information that was touted at the last meeting.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by babu1
More than 4 months now since I twice submitted the proforma to BHCI at Delhi and not even any acknowledgement of receipt.

Also, Shilpa never got back (as she promised) with the RTI information that was touted at the last meeting.
I believe Shipla was transferred a few months ago and her place has been taken by Diane Joseph, perhaps you should send a copy to her.

Copy of letter received from Diane when I asked Shipla the current position regarding property and visa's in July.

"On your specific question for an update, we have been working closely with the Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi but at this moment I’m afraid we do not have anything substantive to report. We will of course keep you updated once we do have something to share with the community.

Please do let me know if there is anything else I could help you with."
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 9:08 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goanfool
Hi
Thanks
Hi GF

If you look at the post at the top of the page it contains an excert from a post by Swampduck who has reopened the Chris Gregory thread.
I am aware that Essex police are investigating Gregory for fraud, so please try checking out the thread on Chris Gregory to see if there ois anything there to answer you.
If you try this and find nothing pm me and I will do some digging.

Dread - x
Old Aug 10th 2011, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

goanfool is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
I'll have a dig and get back to you
GF x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.