Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Jan 28th 2009, 3:19 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Forgive me, but Buyer Beware has popped up as a reply, it should have been the jewellery thread. I know Honey Bee and she is an astute purchaser of jewellery - (that is not what her husband calls her) She goes by gut feeling of going into the shop, and the ambience and atmosphere there - a bit of a witch. She has now found her 'jeweller' although she will not share it with you because of the trolls on this site.

Please will somebody Mitzyboy/Sue transfer this to the jewellery thread. Thanks.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

wonder how many advocates are tuned into this site or others, my friends havent heard a thing yet from the DofE but are going to wait until 30 days have passed then they are going to get the advocate to start phoning etc, the D of E gave them 30 days to reply only fair they give them the answer within a time limit so they know where they stand.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 3:13 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Certain estate agent has notice in window saying will advertise your property for sale for 4,000 rups. Will that we no sale no fee!!!.

Poppetjay it is very noble of your friends to give the D of E 30 days, we had 15 days to reply by speedy mail, that was three years ago.

Could be another rumour but have now heard of a builder asking 15 lak to retransfer Agreement of Sales - that would really equal what you paid for the Apartment and your profit. We will see.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

erinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really niceerinsgirl is just really nice

That figure of 15 Lakh is what the builder I quoted in earlier post asked for. As you say, this wipes out a lot of the profit. As he is such a greedy man no doubt this will increase with time.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:10 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry eringirl,
missed that post. I thought it was scaremongering when people were saying one of the biggest builders (and respected!!! at one time) were now up to this game. 15 lak they must be joking.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:58 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Default Central government press release.

Even though this is dated 1/2/09 I can't see anything obviously new in it:

http://pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=47155

Regards

Hemingway
Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:27 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Central government press release.

Originally Posted by hemingway

Regards

Hemingway
Cheers great bit of reading.where did you find it?It backs up everything our Advocate as been saying.I have asked him to print it off and ram it in the face of the pompous little Pr*ck at the sub-registrar who was bl**dy rude in December when we went to register our property and was told to go away you are foreigners.Is this a official circular form the central Government of India??
Thanks
GC:curse::curse:
cheers
Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:35 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Cheers great bit of reading.where did you find it?It backs up everything our Advocate as been saying.I have asked him to print it off and ram it in the face of the pompous little Pr*ck at the sub-registrar who was bl**dy rude in December when we went to register our property and was told to go away you are foreigners.Is this a official circular form the central Government of India?? Thanks
Yes, as far as I know it's an official circular as it's from the 'press information bureau' website - there is also a link to the article on Goan voice.

Regards

Hemingway
Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:55 am
Account Closed

Yes, as far as I know it's an official circular as it's from the 'press information bureau' website - there is also a link to the article on Goan voice.

Regards

Hemingway
Thanks for this I must have missed it when I went through the normal morning trawl through the Goan ragsLets see what my advocate makes of this.will let you all know
GC
Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Regards

Hemingway
this is the sting in the tail:
"It has also been observed that foreign nationals coming to India and staying beyond 182 days on a tourist or other visa meant for a certain period are illegally acquiring immovable property in India in violation of the extant rules and regulations under FEMA."
This appears to give some sort of official sanction to the notion that visa type can indicate intention to stay and are meant "for a certain period" - all visas are valid for a certain maximum period, but you can stay for a shorter period, so it can be your intentionto stay for an uncertain period. It does seem unfortunately that the 'Centre' is trying to deny this!

AndyD 8-)#
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

British Estate agents at it again !

The large property company Knight Knox International ( Manchester) are marketing property in Goa "available to ANYONE" who wants to invest "no problems ".. when questioned :curse:

If anyone in the UK has the time may I suggest you tell them your thoughts ? :curse:

K-C
Old Feb 11th 2009, 7:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kan-conned
British Estate agents at it again !

The large property company Knight Knox International ( Manchester) are marketing property in Goa "available to ANYONE" who wants to invest "no problems ".. when questioned :curse:

If anyone in the UK has the time may I suggest you tell them your thoughts ? :curse:

K-C
Send their e-mail address and Ill put something together.Though after tomorrow night TV Programme at 10pm on on channel 4 I doubt very much they will sell jack sh*t in Goa
GC:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:

Last edited by Goacrazy56; Feb 11th 2009 at 7:56 am.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 8:20 am
I love apathy!

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Send their e-mail address and Ill put something together.Though after tomorrow night TV Programme at 10pm on on channel 4 I doubt very much they will sell jack sh*t in Goa
Have a look at their only property for sale in South Goa - I'll not comment on the site, location, build quality, owner or how long it's been for sale - but it looks :curse: expensive to me . . . . . good luck with your sale Knight Knox. . . . . . . . .

http://www.knightknox.com/Property_s...opertyID=28403

Regards

Hemingway.

Last edited by hemingway; Feb 11th 2009 at 8:31 am.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Xfactor1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Douglas M
Hi, we are Brits who until recently lived in Goa.

My wife and I have been reading your posts on various subjects with interest, particularly those appertaining to buying property in Goa. We are concerned that many people are buying off plan without making the provisional checks and just taking the word of the sales people and advisers involved. Good salesmen simply tell you what you want to hear.

Please don't get too carried away with choosing the furnishings and colour of the tiles in the bathroom before you have done your homework.

It is difficult (at the moment nigh impossible) to fulfill the requirements for residency / company formation / visa acquisition etc. without the additional hurdles that are involved in buying off plan. The first set of issues are dealt with on IndiaMike.com forums foreign owned property in goa and foreign owned property in goa part two.

For those who are also attempting to buy off plan please go to www.amchegoa.com , then go to real estate / goa / FAQ

Even if you manage to wade through and comprehend all of this stuff, remember this is India and the rules will invariably change depending on the day of the week, the position of the moon and person you are talking to.
hi DOUGAS M

Can you help me,

I was buying a property in Goa but have not been able to complete as laws have changed the developer reasures me that he will give me my money back
but cannot reimburse me directly into my bank account in the U.K. however If i can return to Goa he will be able to give me the money then. My question is how do I then get it back to the U.k. If anyone is able to answer my question or are in a similar position please let me know.

I remain ever hopeful but loosing the will this as gone on for over 12mths
The amount in question is in excess of £30,000
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Xfactor1
hi DOUGAS M

Can you help me,

I was buying a property in Goa but have not been able to complete as laws have changed the developer reasures me that he will give me my money back
but cannot reimburse me directly into my bank account in the U.K. however If i can return to Goa he will be able to give me the money then. My question is how do I then get it back to the U.k. If anyone is able to answer my question or are in a similar position please let me know.

I remain ever hopeful but loosing the will this as gone on for over 12mths
The amount in question is in excess of £30,000
Did you get your FRIC for the money you sent out to him from the bank other wise Im afraid you can only bring out £3000 at a time £6000 if you and someone else is with you:curse::curse::curse::curse:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.