Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Jan 24th 2009, 1:54 pm
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

K C
Even if you rent in the Uk you have to pay the Council Tax on the property you are living in
Old Jan 24th 2009, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

FUWID is on a distinguished road

This is Goa !!!!!!!

I know people in RP and they have not said anything about legally selling back to the builder, i have also approached this with solicitor and he said do not sell back to the builder at any cost, they have no right to force you to and if the builder threatens you then, he would probably be in more trouble than anyone because of the certain way he has conducted his FINANCIAL side of the bargain, i am sure most of you know what i mean, it is you who has the upper hand, the builder will do anything to keep it from going to court especailly while everything is in the spotlight, that's why he/they want you to sell back to he/them and they can sell it legally through the correct channels, if you bought legally he/they will not give you any problems.

My opinion !!!

FUWID
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

Regards the Sub Registrars refusal to register purchase or sale deeds it is crucial to reiterate that the State Government is acting illegally and against the Constitution of India.

All this jiggery pokery about Special Status for Goa, disbanding of the Portugese Civil Code, further restrictions and investigations into foreigners eligibility to conduct business, and other harrassments are part of a smokescreen agenda to victimise an insignificant number of expat property owners (mainly Brits) while the crooks who run Goa with such blatant inefficiency and greed carve up the truly illegal and massive land deals in their own financial self interest. This we all know and understand.

It is time - becoming too late? - (as Andy states in a recent "template letter" post) to invoke a higher profile response regards this illegality from those whom we pay out of British taxation to protect our interests, whether it be through the British High Commission at Delhi, in the UK, or the Houses of Parliament. This is a diplomatic issue and, either the President of India gives her signature to this current corruption of law - the imposition of an order to subvert the Registration Act 1908 (without due authority) - or the Government at the Centre sternly order the State Government of Goa to comply with the law, stop tinkering with the details, remove the threats and get off our cases.

At least have the decency to allow us to sell and get out of the increasingly nasty and degraded State of Goa.

Keep writing to your Members of Parliament, the High Commissions, and the media (both Goan, and UK).

I am truly sick of the misinformation that is touted in the Goa press, and constantly in a state of disbelief and sorrow at the real state of affairs in Goa while the general populace are hoodwinked or manipulated into submission.

Goa is destroying itself in every way imagineable, and not by the permament presence of less than 500 foreigner households a large proportion of whom now simply wish to sell their legally paid for property and get out of Goa.

Mr. Angry, Bardez, Goa, Lilliput.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Honey Bee
K C
Even if you rent in the Uk you have to pay the Council Tax on the property you are living in

Point taken Chaps !

As bad boy WC Fields was found on his death bed reading the bible and was asked why ? he replied; " JUST LOOKIN' FOR A LOOPHOLE !"

K-C
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

FUWID is on a distinguished road

Thanks Babu 1

At least someone agrees with my point of view,

You have summed it up perfectly, although i do not want to sell and would be happy to stay here if they would just stick to the law and stop trying to change everything, could you imagine if they did the same in the UK it would be racial and would be stopped straight away.

Happy days

FUWID
Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:48 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FUWID
Thanks Babu 1

At least someone agrees with my point of view,

You have summed it up perfectly, although i do not want to sell and would be happy to stay here if they would just stick to the law and stop trying to change everything, could you imagine if they did the same in the UK it would be racial and would be stopped straight away.

Happy days

FUWID
I totally agree with you and Babu.But if they stop moving the goal post they will find that 99% who have bought do comply with FEMA so they are not going to do this.
I just wish Delhi would step in because until this happen we are on a long road to no where:curse::curse:
Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:33 pm
Banned

JOLLYGUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

[QUOTE=Douglas M;4550222]I am responding to Tracy’s question specifically, but also endorse the reply from leavingoa.

In our case, we looked at buying off plan several years ago before the xenophobia and current restrictions on foreign nationals emerged. The concept was rejected by us as it has its own set of risks.

Instead we opted to buy an old property and restore it, the documentation we used was similar to that which I believe Acron and others use ie a 5 year lease with the option to buy. In our case we successfully exercised the option to buy , paid our money and subsequently registered the property. Now we understand that all sales and purchases of immovable property by foreign nationals over the last three years are being investigated by RBI and registration and mutation are being withheld.

Circumstances at the time of our purchase were very different and did not include the current risks. X visas were available in order to complete the 183 days residency period and obtain a resident permit. We also complied with the rules on inward remittance of the purchase monies through the Indian banking system and we had an intention to stay for an unspecified period of time i.e retirement. In short we complied with the FEMA general permission conditions appertaining to foreign nationals buying (or selling ) immovable property in India.

At the moment, the lease option to buy route has effectively been blocked by both central and Goan government through refusing to register sales and purchases of immovable property by foreign nationals and endorsing visas with maximum 180 days stay thus preventing foreign nationals from becoming resident and rendering lease purchase unworkable (i.e. you cannot complete 183 days).

Even if you did manage to complete your 183 days residency to purchase the property, register and mutate the transaction you also have to complete 183days residency if you decide to sell, which is a factor that no one seems to have considered so far.

I don’t know if the lease option to buy arrangement will work again at some stage in the future, but if you look at the underlying cause of the current
yes you are right mann
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Return of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant futureReturn of Santan has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

ANDYD's TEMPLATE !

For those who missed Andy's excellent template or those who have recently joined us please find some of his suggestions as an aid in writing to your MPs, Home Office etc.

PLEASE , PLEASE USE IT !

K-C

I think that now is a good time for us all (plus friends and relatives) to blitz the British High Commision, our MP's, and Government Ministers.
There is little point in everyone sending pro-forma letters and emails; everyone should compose their own, but here, in no particular order, are my suggestions on some points that could be mentioned:

* I/we draw your attention to the articles in the Times of India of 7th & 8th January 2009 <link1> <link2>

* I/we endorse the appeal from Nicholas Joseph Papa and Michael Denis Cooper, and request you to provide every assistance and to intervene with the Indian Government on behalf of these two people and all the others who have legally purchased property in Goa but are either refused Registration or being harassed by the Goan Government and the Department of Enforcement.

* On several occasions in the past 1-2 years questions have been asked in parliament about UK nationals who have bought properties in Goa being harassed or threatened with confiscation. <links to reports> <names of ministers>
On each occasion the government has given assurances that it would be unacceptable for legally purchased property to be confiscated. Recent events (see newspaper reports above) have brought the threat of confiscation much nearer, and we ask as a matter of urgency that this should be addressed at a senior level by HM Government / British High Commission in India.

* I/ we / our relatives / our friends / have also bought property in Goa and despite observing all known legal requirements are / unable to Register the Deeds / unable to sell / under investigation by the Department of Enforcement / and we ask you to take this up with HM Government / the Indian Government.

I have left a few <blanks> while I look up web-links etc. - if anyone else knows them please post a reply (TofI site seems to be down at the moment).
If anyone can suggest other points to make or people to contact please post a reply.

cheers AndyD 8-)#
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:23 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Andy could this be put on the London Embassy website as a petition, like we had before?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 1:19 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

IF people could sell - how could those with Agreement of Sale sell without involving the builder. Those I know who have sold to Indians have had to pay the builder to change the sale deeds so that it is two Indians selling to each other!!!!. One friend sold to a Goan, who lives in Goa and was not allowed to register the sale with the Registra in Mapsa as he was FN, so the builder had to be involved costing him 2Lak
Those of us who are registered are scuppered, not that I want to sell, but people keep asking me the question any answers?

Perhaps this is Royal Engineer's secret
Old Jan 27th 2009, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

noni - last week my neighbour - who does not use the internet, knows nothing about the investigations and other problems etc etc. told me that he has instructed an estate agent to sell his registered apartment.
When I asked if he had persmission to sell it & done his 183 days he said no but the agent told them it would not be a problem he would sort it out.
We will have to wait and see what happens (or is he just been stringing him along - as usual).
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:21 pm

Guess we can all tell which estate agent that is. The worst story I have heard to-day at the TRAVEL AGENTS is that some builders are now asking 10 laks to transfer Sale Agreements into their names. What is the world coming too.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:57 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by noni
Guess we can all tell which estate agent that is. The worst story I have heard to-day at the TRAVEL AGENTS is that some builders are now asking 10 laks to transfer Sale Agreements into their names. What is the world coming too.
That is appauling this owuld be the kind of trick our builder would pull if he was smart enough to think of it.Hope he don't get wind of of what these crooks are doing .:curse::curse::curse:
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:51 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Right, just in case anyone else was confused by the post a couple of days ago by JOLLYBOY, above^^...............

1) it is an exact copy of post number 4 on this thread.

2) JOLLYBOY appears to be a local jeweller (?) masquerading as a genuine poster. His other post on the recent "Jewellery" thread backs this up and looks pretty dodgy.

3) from checking other forums, even the instigator of that thread looks highly dubious!

SO, it appears that the thieves and cheats that we have to avoid on a daily basis here, from the moment we walk out of out front door, are now trying to infiltrate the forums.
On the other thread, Honeybee has picked up on the lack of truth coming through also. At present, we on BE are not getting too much of this cr*p but Indiamike is getting a lot.........the jeweller thing, a local trying to market stuff, restaurateurs trying to push their own eateries, a watersports guy trying to promote himself in Morjim, etc.
We need to be alert and let the moderators know if we are suspicious, or very soon we will not know what to believe on here!
Lets all become cyber-vigilantes and get rid of these w*ankers!

Regards from an unusually angry

Johnny Five
Old Jan 28th 2009, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Daff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura aboutDaff has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by johnny five
SO, it appears that the thieves and cheats that we have to avoid on a daily basis here, from the moment we walk out of out front door, are now trying to infiltrate the forums.
Could it be they have finally realised that the 'Golden Goose' is terminally ill and are trying to extract the last few drops of blood through any means possible? We spent 2 weeks down south and barely saw a european face. The sellers spent most of the day sitting in the shade of the huts and the street stalls all had chairs outside for the proprietors to sit on
The guy that we have brought jewelry from in the past (didn't exactly rip us off but not the "worth 3 times more in UK" he claimed) got quite nasty with us when we wouldn't go into his shop to have 'tea' and buy some nice stones. Desperate or what As for the builders they definitely smell 'something rotten in the state of Denmark'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.