Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:22 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by a_f_d
yes it seriously chilled me!
I'm sorry for more questions - but have your lawyers considered an RTI application to the Immigration people, and do you mind if those of us who are currently writing to MP's etc. quote your case (we'd need to PM you for actual identity etc.)
best regards - AndyD 8-)#
Assuming we are referring to Indian lawyers, would that get round the fact that information under the "Right to Information" act is only available to Indian citizens, even though the person concerned is a foreigner. Just that a lawyer in most parts of the world is deemed to be representing his client, therefore these awkward b*ggers would probably argue that it is a foreigner applying for the information.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Heaven17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your comments, support,and advice I will answer your other questions when I can PM for obvious reasons.
Heaven17
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:15 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Heaven17
Thanks for all your comments, support,and advice I will answer your other questions when I can PM for obvious reasons.
Heaven17
Hi you should be able to PM after you have posted three times.Please keep in touch.I was talking to the boy's in Aldona today and explaining what happened to you,they would like you to contact them.So when you can PM Ill give you their contact details they are taking their case all the way to the top.Like you they have nothing in the UK all they own is in Goa
All the best
GC
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:39 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heaven17
Heaven17
Hi Heaven17,

I too would like to have a pm from you. You should be able to do it now.
You can send the same pm to many people you trust, instead of doing it separately. Good luck.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:40 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Heaven17,

I too would like to have a pm from you. You should be able to do it now.
You can send the same pm to many people you trust, instead of doing it separately. Good luck.

Gosh just noticed, going to grab the 2000 reply.

Keep your peckers up gang.

Love Noni
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by johnny five
Assuming we are referring to Indian lawyers, would that get round the fact that information under the "Right to Information" act is only available to Indian citizens, even though the person concerned is a foreigner. Just that a lawyer in most parts of the world is deemed to be representing his client, therefore these awkward b*ggers would probably argue that it is a foreigner applying for the information.
That is exactly what happened recently in the Scarlett Keeling case when her mother applied for information.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by johnny five
you ask your lawyer (or even a friend) to apply (not apply for you) - I've just done it successfully.

AndyD 8-)#

P.S. if you've been up before the DofE (or had any dealings with them) you may be able to use the RTI to find out the current status).

AndyD 8-)#
Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Posted at the request of A.N.Other

Originally Posted by old man
[/COLOR][/B] Does anybody know?
OK from memory (and I've checked quite a few times <bg>) here is the legal position, which of course may differ from the facts on the ground!:
if you are FEMA resident in the year you sell then in theory you are in exactly the same position as a resident Indian Citizen selling their property. If you are a non-resident FN (but were resident when you bought) then you may need RBI permission to sell, but I think that in one of his last posts Douglas said he'd found a rule that said no permission needed.
HOWEVER at present the Sub-Registrar is not registering sales where a FN is involved (I've heard that may even apply to Indian Comapanies with FN directors).

AndyD 8-(#
Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

OK - next question.

If my friends wanted to sell a non registered property could they go back to the builder and say - pretend that they had never bought this and put the paper work back into builders name and sell to this man they have found who wants to buy one of their properties.
I know people have been saying there is a charge by builders to change names but is this how it could happen (simply)?

(never mind how much they may or may not charge you - could it work)?

Last edited by noni; Mar 15th 2009 at 3:58 am.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

indiapurple will become famous soon enoughindiapurple will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by emsirrah
OK - next question.

(never mind how much they may or may not charge you - could it work)?
Yes it can be that simple IF your developer/builder is willing to do this for you. If you have an agreement of sale then you sign a cancellation of agreement and a new agreement is given to your new buyer. We have a handfull of friends who have done it this way. Getting you money out is a different matter altogether!
regards
Indiapurple

Last edited by noni; Mar 15th 2009 at 3:59 am.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

harry1 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=emsirrah;7381042]OK -
yes emsirrah,it works,but on sale agrement,not with registered deeds,because i done it myself.and i´m relieved now,thank god for that,never back to goa again.wishing everyone in here good luck with this fiasco.

Last edited by noni; Mar 15th 2009 at 4:00 am.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=emsirrah;7381042]OK - next question.

yes, as people have said - it can be done.
Assuming you have an agreement of sale then you either execute a Deed of Assignment for which you are paid the "sale price" (that is the proper way, or (and with the Registrar playing up this might be better) you make some secure arrangement ('escrow') to hand it over / destroy the Agreement when and only when you've got your money.

hth - AndyD 8-)#

Last edited by noni; Mar 15th 2009 at 4:01 am.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:16 am

Assuming you have an agreement of sale then you either execute a Deed of Assignment for which you are paid the "sale price" (that is the proper way, or (and with the Registrar playing up this might be better) you make some secure arrangement ('escrow') to hand it over / destroy the Agreement when and only when you've got your money.

hth - AndyD 8-)#

Andy my pm won't send messages today have emailed youl
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by noni
Andy my pm won't send messages today have emailed youl

Completely off Topic. Had a lovely weekend for a change, lunch with four BE friends and an invisible one.

Today we were invited to a Goan friends home for lunch and to meet the rest of the family and oh! boy, did they all arrive to 'see' us. We had a wonderful warm welcome, delicious food, and have been invited to other relatives later in the week. Now that is the Goa we used to enjoy years ago, complete harmony with the locals. That was the Goa we fell in love with.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:31 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point

hth - AndyD 8-)#
Yes this can be done I have friends that have just done it.Cost them a fortune as the builder gave them nothing for their contents, kitchen, fixtures and fitting but they cannot get their cash out of India now they have ended up with no house and no money,they are broken hearted.This is the issue the builder will snap of your hand to take your property back then sell it to a Indian person but he can't give you your money back in £ sterling be careful:curse::curse::curse::curse: GC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.