Wikiposts

GOA - Buyer Beware!

Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:59 am
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GOA - Buyer Beware!

Originally Posted by noni
Completely off Topic. Had a lovely weekend for a change, lunch with four BE friends and an invisible one.

Today we were invited to a Goan friends home for lunch and to meet the rest of the family and oh! boy, did they all arrive to 'see' us. We had a wonderful warm welcome, delicious food, and have been invited to other relatives later in the week. Now that is the Goa we used to enjoy years ago, complete harmony with the locals. That was the Goa we fell in love with.
Fabulous, so glad you had a great day
If only we could have those day's back.Instead of wondering if the local's you have been friends with for years are still actually your real friends.Or do they really feel as other have said "we don't want you here, just your money".Im afraid I have become a little sceptical.I never thought I would feel this way and I try not to but it is difficult after the way we have been treated
Old Mar 15th 2009, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

Thanks you very much for all the replies, just what my friend wanted to hear. Yes it is an agreement of sale I was asking about.
noni so glad you had a nice week-end, good to hear your family meeting was a success and you had a nice afternoon.

Last edited by emsirrah; Mar 15th 2009 at 2:07 am.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 3:06 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goacrazy56
Fabulous, so glad you had a great day
If only we could have those day's back.Instead of wondering if the local's you have been friends with for years are still actually your real friends.Or do they really feel as other have said "we don't want you here, just your money".Im afraid I have become a little sceptical.I never thought I would feel this way and I try not to but it is difficult after the way we have been treated

Now GC don't be negative to-day, let's have one day like old times.
Mind I did take them some of J5's lemon curd (turd) and they were delighted.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:39 am
Just Joined

SuzieK will become famous soon enough

sad but trur noni what we brits over here may have to do to get any goverment recognition is to burn effigies of gordon and his FO policy ,turn gay, hug a tree convert to islam [ i apologise if i have upset anyone and that goes for the tree,s as well ] .Then we get the lottery funding ,international legal aid ... as if . Probably on the wrong thread enjoy the monsoon and i hope all your gardens be fruitfull
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by noni
Now GC don't be negative to-day, let's have one day like old times.
Mind I did take them some of J5's lemon curd (turd) and they were delighted.
Hi Most the time Im happy slappy,It's not all of Goa and I must remind myself of the wonderful times we had before all the cr*p started.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

abusybee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all that have shown their concerns and support. Again we cannot stress enough that if you have had a show cause notice or have been summoned to the Directorate of enforcement please stand firm on the following points.

they keep bringing up the visa issue. There is NO emphasis on the status of the visa in fema 1999.
On the bottom left corner of all pre printed visa it says "Tourist visa/non extendable" This is a statement and NOT the status of your visa. ie if here on a tourist visa 3-6 months you cannot go to the FRO and ask for an extension. its as simple as that by they just cant see it!!

Please stand firm on :curse:section 13 of Fema 1999.
What does a person residing in India mean?

(i) a person residing in India for more than 182 days during the course of the proceeding financial year.

(B) a person who has come to or stays in India, in either case, otherwise than-

(a) for or on taking up employment in India or
(b) for carrying on in India a business or vocation in India or
(c) for any other purpose, in such circumstances as would indicate his intention to stay in India for an UNCERTAIN period;

It does NOT state than you need to have 2 or three of the following. So on that basis it means that they have left the door wide open to all foreign nationals to purchase and this is why they are trying to close it.

The bottom line is that State goverment does not want non indian foreign nationals owning property in Goa so its very much based on the colour of your skin now. The other thing we have discovered is that the British goverment is just not that interested as we are few in numbers. we will not accept that Britain can do nothing whilst state goverment continues to round us up, threaten court action, confiscation, impossible fines etc It is totally illegal and totally racist.

Please Do email the British consular if only to express your concerns over your future here in Goa in view of the hostile and agressive approach of state goverment towards British nationals of non indian origin. It is they who are breaking the law.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 1:05 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abusybee
Thanks to all that have shown their concerns and support. Again we cannot stress enough that if you have had a show cause notice or have been summoned to the Directorate of enforcement please stand firm on the following points.

they keep bringing up the visa issue. There is NO emphasis on the status of the visa in fema 1999.
On the bottom left corner of all pre printed visa it says "Tourist visa/non extendable" This is a statement and NOT the status of your visa. ie if here on a tourist visa 3-6 months you cannot go to the FRO and ask for an extension. its as simple as that by they just cant see it!!

Please stand firm on :curse:section 13 of Fema 1999.
What does a person residing in India mean?

(i) a person residing in India for more than 182 days during the course of the proceeding financial year.

(B) a person who has come to or stays in India, in either case, otherwise than-

(a) for or on taking up employment in India or
(b) for carrying on in India a business or vocation in India or
(c) for any other purpose, in such circumstances as would indicate his intention to stay in India for an UNCERTAIN period;

It does NOT state than you need to have 2 or three of the following. So on that basis it means that they have left the door wide open to all foreign nationals to purchase and this is why they are trying to close it.

The bottom line is that State goverment does not want non indian foreign nationals owning property in Goa so its very much based on the colour of your skin now. The other thing we have discovered is that the British goverment is just not that interested as we are few in numbers. we will not accept that Britain can do nothing whilst state goverment continues to round us up, threaten court action, confiscation, impossible fines etc It is totally illegal and totally racist.

Please Do email the British consular if only to express your concerns over your future here in Goa in view of the hostile and agressive approach of state goverment towards British nationals of non indian origin. It is they who are breaking the law.

Welcome busybees, - I am so pleased you have decided to join us. Your help is invaluable to us. Most of us have contacted everybody we can think of, and please everybody get typing to anybody you think can help.
It is out future, our childrens future, and grandchildrens future that is at stake.

To you both we wish you all the best, we personally know from experience the trauma of the situation going before the investigators. Please keep us updated, and we wish you all the luck in the world.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

imho your first point of contact should be your MP - even if you've done it before, do it again. Other people (Vaz, Mandelson, Lord ???) probably won't reply, if you want to get to them ask your MP to do it.
Find your MP here
or here.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:02 am
Just Joined

abusybee is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks again to all and special thanks to andy who many many pages back, we took some of our valid points and used them in our mails etc.

if anything we dont feel so alone and are shocked to the core with what some of you have and are going through its awful that britain wont step in.

Seriously like andy says one and all should keep hammering their MP's now

all the best

Last edited by abusybee; Mar 16th 2009 at 2:30 am. Reason: spellin and grammer
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

John Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really nice

i have read much on the buying stakes info/dramas. we are leasing from acron so are within the law - thus far. i firmly believe that now the goan love affair with the russians is coming to a dramatic finish, the brits are becoming popular again.

well thats what weve personally experienced and have been told by someone on a panchat (council), bar owners, restaurants and beach shack people.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John Katrina
i have read much on the buying stakes info/dramas. we are leasing from acron so are within the law - thus far. i firmly believe that now the goan love affair with the russians is coming to a dramatic finish, the brits are becoming popular again.

well thats what weve personally experienced and have been told by someone on a panchat (council), bar owners, restaurants and beach shack people.
I hope you don't mind me asking, but how long have you had your lease and has it rolled over yet.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 3:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by John Katrina

I hope you are right but how long till we are out of favor again and we are again subjected to these racist actions because we are Brits,who next is my question?
im just writing yet another letter to my MP about the current situation over in Goa.I think we have all got to stick together now otherwise they will pick us off one by one:curse::curse:
Old Mar 16th 2009, 3:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by abusybee
thanks again to all and special thanks to andy who many many pages back, we took some of our valid points and used them in our mails etc.

if anything we dont feel so alone and are shocked to the core with what some of you have and are going through its awful that britain wont step in.

Seriously like andy says one and all should keep hammering their MP's now

all the best
Hi boy's glad you joined us and great speaking to you both on Saturday.I have been told by a Goan that we need to rally and march like they do.The Government don't like this????There is no Brits left on our complex,they have all sold back to the builder at a great lose and he has sold them onto out of state Indians a 4 times what the British paid for them and to add insult to injury they can't repatriate the money.They win every way
If we can't do this then we need to petition and stick together
I feel like Billy no mates now on our complex
Old Mar 16th 2009, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

John Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really niceJohn Katrina is just really nice

the goans we know and hardly know are really nice. one of them is going to teach to how to cook with the spices etc. i have had a couple of disasters. i dont know if its me or the spices are so very different to the uk.

i think the goans have a certain mind set, they want people's money but dont seem to want to do that much for it, but ive seen that attitude between goan to goan and goan to indian. i think its their way and their heritage. i dont think its anything personal between the goans and brits.

their love affair with the russians is definately over, have seen it time and time again just a few weeks ago which was very different to last season.

kat
Old Mar 16th 2009, 5:48 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

So are you in Siolim at the moment, John & Kat?
Bloody hot innit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.