Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by Heidigirl
Listen and take note India! People are getting fed up!
2 points Heidi:
millions of Indians are 'fed up' one way or another, does the Gov. listen unless certain to get votes from it ??

also the family, in this case, are not your 'average' tourists or expats they sound a little unusual from the full text.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Heidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bipat
2 points Heidi:
millions of Indians are 'fed up' one way or another, does the Gov. listen unless certain to get votes from it ??

also the family, in this case, are not your 'average' tourists or expats they sound a little unusual from the full text.
I'm talking about the whole visa situation Bipat. It's becoming absolutely ridiculous to take a trip to India. And yet here we are, in the UK, surrounded by foreigners. And paying for most of them too!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

I'm talking about the whole visa situation Bipat. It's becoming absolutely ridiculous to take a trip to India. And yet here we are, in the UK, surrounded by foreigners. And paying for most of them too!
Oh Heidi, I didn't think you would go along that line, the foreigners in UK that we 'pay' for are a small percentage (although certainly shouldn't be any), and most of those are not from India
Certainly the visa situation is crazy, and is also now affecting 1st generation Americans of Indian origin. Heard recently of relatives, retired, come back to India every year for 3 months, went to Egypt for a week, not allowed back into India.
However with so many other overwhelming problems the Gov. has I don't see it will be a priority.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Heidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really nice

Oh Heidi, I didn't think you would go along that line, the foreigners in UK that we 'pay' for are a small percentage (although certainly shouldn't be any), and most of those are not from India
Certainly the visa situation is crazy, and is also now affecting 1st generation Americans of Indian origin. Heard recently of relatives, retired, come back to India every year for 3 months, went to Egypt for a week, not allowed back into India.
However with so many other overwhelming problems the Gov. has I don't see it will be a priority.
I never once said any of our 'foreigners' who the tax payer pay for are Indian??

And actually Bipat as a British Citizen, who has worked all her life, I am entitled to feel a little frustrated when neighbours of mine have lived here for the last 18 years, never worked, get their private rent paid for and have a better car than me.

But here we go again, can't say a thing or the accusations start flying.

And I am more than happy for whoever wants to emigrate to the uk, just put something in that's all I would ask. My parents are putting into the country they are 'guests' in and still treated like criminals!

Last edited by Heidigirl; Apr 19th 2011 at 12:12 am.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I never once said any of our 'foreigners' who the tax payer pay for are Indian??

And actually Bipat as a British Citizen, who has worked all her life, I am entitled to feel a little frustrated when neighbours of mine have lived here for the last 18 years, never worked, get their private rent paid for and have a better car than me.

But here we go again, can't say a thing or the accusations start flying.

And I am more than happy for whoever wants to emigrate to the uk, just put something in that's all I would ask. My parents are putting into the country they are 'guests' in and still treated like criminals!
Heidi I am not accusing you, of course you are frustrated by your neighbours anyone would be, I just meant statistically they are actually a minority, probably the feckless are more noticeable, and with Tony Blair's unnecessary 'let all the new European members come immediately' the situation got suddenly worse.
As to your parents, I have in the last 3 weeks been talking ++ to relatives about the situation of foreigners in India and find they are becoming more aware of the problem, the 'ordinary, man in the street' is appalled by the situation also.
However the Government treats many ordinary Indians like criminals too, the lengths my brother-in -law (70 years old) had to go to to prove his ID to get me a Reliance 'dongle' were insulting.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Heidi I am not accusing you, of course you are frustrated by your neighbours anyone would be, I just meant statistically they are actually a minority, probably the feckless are more noticeable, and with Tony Blair's unnecessary 'let all the new European members come immediately' the situation got suddenly worse.
As to your parents, I have in the last 3 weeks been talking ++ to relatives about the situation of foreigners in India and find they are becoming more aware of the problem, the 'ordinary, man in the street' is appalled by the situation also.
However the Government treats many ordinary Indians like criminals too, the lengths my brother-in -law (70 years old) had to go to to prove his ID to get me a Reliance 'dongle' were insulting.
I'm sure they are Bipat. My frustration is not with the Indian people (we have Goan friends who are appaulled also) but the Indian Government. Not that ours are any better - soft touch are our lot.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:28 am
Banned

colchesterkeith is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure they are Bipat. My frustration is not with the Indian people (we have Goan friends who are appaulled also) but the Indian Government. Not that ours are any better - soft touch are our lot.
Heidi - you have a lovely name but your attitude stinks! We can't all go along with this mentality, yes it's frustrating but I expected better of you!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by colchesterkeith
Heidi - you have a lovely name but your attitude stinks! We can't all go along with this mentality, yes it's frustrating but I expected better of you!
My attitude stinks?! What exactly am I being accused of here? And don't expect anything from me - you don't know me. And if you choose to start attacking me personally, do it in a private message.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 4:46 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE Colchesterkeith, not the best of first posts, please read the rules and do not attack members. Thanks
Old Apr 19th 2011, 4:49 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

My attitude stinks?! What exactly am I being accused of here? And don't expect anything from me - you don't know me. And if you choose to start attacking me personally, do it in a private message.
Heidi, I don't know what you have been accused of either, but colchester cannot send anybody private messages until he has made three posts.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 5:00 am

Dogs refuse to part with their dead master

http://oheraldo.in/news/Main%20Page%...ter/47456.html

That is loyalty for you!

Britain's changing ethnic map: how suburbia has been transformed

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ap...ap?INTCMP=SRCH

Moggach: Elderly should take a passage to India
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...-to-India.html

But India does not want us even if we pay our way!

Last edited by noni; Apr 19th 2011 at 5:03 am.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by noni
Heidi, I don't know what you have been accused of either, but colchester cannot send anybody private messages until he has made three posts.
Sorry - I hadn't noticed he'd just registered today.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry Colchesterkeith but its your attitude that stinks in a first post. Why slander someone that you don`t even know!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 6:14 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Quite so! Heidi and I have disagreed in the past, but I would defend her right to free speech and an opinion without reservation.

Your post was rude and insulting, without humour, and totally uncalled for. Get in touch with "Renegade", I suspect you have plenty in common.

Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:49 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

You comment with the word "statistically" - what statistics do you refer to and where did you get said statistics from?

Dread - x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.