Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

Wikiposts

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Feb 22nd 2011, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Not a chance in a million will this lead to the re-issueing of 5 year X visas to British citizens.Its all about trade and arms deals.Cameron doesnt give a toss about a load of semi retired ex voters,who have voted with their feet to leave the UK.Your not part of the Big Society in his jaded jaundiced eyes.How many Brit ex pats are there in Goa ? 5000, maybe not even that...whats going to affect Goa in the long run is the events in the Mahgreb.Egypt, Libya and Tunisia and even Morocco.When things cool down and the Libyan nut case is taken back to to his tent in the loony bin,the whole coast line will be open to mass tourism.Cheep fuel. Cheep labour. Food and booze and only 3 hours from the UK and no Indian corrupt bureaucracy to grease.Also they take pride in cleaning up after themselves-unlike India.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Sun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really niceSun Hunter is just really nice

Have to agree about Libya being the next tourist hot spot i heard 2 years ago that they were try to do this
People fro the uk will be holidaying there soon
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sun Hunter
Have to agree about Libya being the next tourist hot spot i heard 2 years ago that they were try to do this
People fro the uk will be holidaying there soon
Alcohol, bikinis, bacon in Libya?? The ordinary people I suppose just want to have some sort of democracy and continue their own customs.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

Since when have you been an authority on Libyan customs regarding tourism ? In Tunisia they have built most of the mega resorts outside of the main towns and villages.There is hardly any social interaction at all beyond the usual souvenir shops and restaurants for the ones who get fed up being spoon fed.
Same in Egypt too.At one point i used to think that tourism destroyed local culture and that multiculturalism was the way forward and that saving ones cultural identity was important.Now i think that the way forward is getting rid of the multiculty idiocy and realizing that we are in the same boat.The sooner the better.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
Since when have you been an authority on Libyan customs regarding tourism ? In Tunisia they have built most of the mega resorts outside of the main towns and villages.There is hardly any social interaction at all beyond the usual souvenir shops and restaurants for the ones who get fed up being spoon fed.
Same in Egypt too.At one point i used to think that tourism destroyed local culture and that multiculturalism was the way forward and that saving ones cultural identity was important.Now i think that the way forward is getting rid of the multiculty idiocy and realizing that we are in the same boat.The sooner the better.
No, I am not an authority on Libyan tourism, and I am aware that mass tourism is established in Tunisia and Egypt But I find it very sad that the reaction to people being shot in the street because they want some sort of democracy, is to think of the potential benefits of cheap food and booze for tourists.
My personal opinion is that it is also sad that so many coastal areas of warm- climate countries are progressively being turned into playgrounds for European tourists. Eventually the only unspoilt natural beaches will be in colder places like Scotland (so far still some left in my native Norfolk).
As to your final point can we not all be in the same boat and also retain our cultural identity and history? The British make a big thing of it and why not? Also if we ditch cultural differences which of the world's cultures should we all aim to acquire?
Old Feb 24th 2011, 8:19 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus Christ!

Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:09 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
Jesus Christ!

Tourism Dept cracks whip on masseurs

HERALD REPORTER

HERALD REPORTER
PANJIM, FEB 24
The special security of the Tourism Department has started cracking whip on the vendors and masseurs harassing tourists on the beaches.
In the last few days, the security force has seized goods from vendors on found selling goods on the beaches.
The goods will be released only on the payment of fine of Rs 1000 per head.
When contacted Pamela Mascarenhas, Deputy Director, Tourism Department confirmed that they have confiscated goods from those found doing business on the beaches.
The security force which was constituted last year, have been specifically instructed to not to allow vendors, masseurs and other such elements chasing tourists on the beaches.
The department has had received several complaints from tourists especially, foreign tourists of harassment by vendors who literally followed them on the beaches, to nagging them to buy their goodies.
In fact, vendors and masseurs had a field day as tourist police, a wing of Goa Police, specially assigned the duty of providing safety to tourists preferred to look other way.

Taken from to-days Herald.

The world's biggest family
24 Feb: The Sun (UK). The Indian man with 39 wives, 94 children and 33 grandchildren ...

www.goanvoice.org.uk

Last edited by noni; Feb 24th 2011 at 2:11 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:13 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni

HERALD REPORTER

HERALD REPORTER
PANJIM, FEB 24
The special security of the Tourism Department has started cracking whip on the vendors and masseurs harassing tourists on the beaches.
In the last few days, the security force has seized goods from vendors on found selling goods on the beaches.
The goods will be released only on the payment of fine of Rs 1000 per head.
When contacted Pamela Mascarenhas, Deputy Director, Tourism Department confirmed that they have confiscated goods from those found doing business on the beaches.
The security force which was constituted last year, have been specifically instructed to not to allow vendors, masseurs and other such elements chasing tourists on the beaches.
The department has had received several complaints from tourists especially, foreign tourists of harassment by vendors who literally followed them on the beaches, to nagging them to buy their goodies.
In fact, vendors and masseurs had a field day as tourist police, a wing of Goa Police, specially assigned the duty of providing safety to tourists preferred to look other way.

Taken from to-days Herald.

The world's biggest family
24 Feb: The Sun (UK). The Indian man with 39 wives, 94 children and 33 grandchildren ...

www.goanvoice.org.uk
39 wives and all those children - thank God he is not on benefits in the UKI
Old Feb 24th 2011, 2:17 pm

Holiday dog bite Middlesbrough girl, eight, faces anti-rabies jabs
24 Feb: Middlesbrough Evening Gazette (UK). Eight-year-old Shanade O’Leary is now undergoing a series of anti-rabies vaccinations after being bitten on the back by the stray animal in the resort of Candolim in Goa... The St Joseph’s Primary School pupil, was at the beach with mum Vicki, 46, and dad Patrick O’Leary, 50, when the incident occurred... she had made friends with two local girls whose family owned a beach shack and was playing with her new friends when the puppy bit her ...

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...4229-28227114/

This is a very serious problem on the beach - one of the dogs bit a Tourist Security guy, but they did not take the animal away, which they should have. This is the sort of protection the Tourists needs, not faffing about with the sellers on the beach.

Last edited by noni; Feb 24th 2011 at 2:21 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 3:45 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

YET..........................!!!!!

Dread - x
Old Feb 25th 2011, 3:52 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Holiday dog bite Middlesbrough girl, eight, faces anti-rabies jabs
24 Feb: Middlesbrough Evening Gazette (UK). Eight-year-old Shanade O’Leary is now undergoing a series of anti-rabies vaccinations after being bitten on the back by the stray animal in the resort of Candolim in Goa... The St Joseph’s Primary School pupil, was at the beach with mum Vicki, 46, and dad Patrick O’Leary, 50, when the incident occurred... she had made friends with two local girls whose family owned a beach shack and was playing with her new friends when the puppy bit her ...

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...4229-28227114/

This is a very serious problem on the beach - one of the dogs bit a Tourist Security guy, but they did not take the animal away, which they should have. This is the sort of protection the Tourists needs, not faffing about with the sellers on the beach.

This is not just a problem on the beaches but the roads as well.
Their are too many stray dogs in Goa which collect into packs and are dangerous and can be vicious - not to mention diseased.
I get quite irritated by International Animal Rescue's approach to the dogs in Goa. They collect them, take them to their clinics, neuter them, feed them and pet them for a week, then take them back to the location they found them at. This is not a solution to the problem, and what kind of life do these dogs have afterwards? !!!

Dread - x
Old Feb 25th 2011, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

poppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to allpoppetjay is a name known to all

Got to agree with Dread..... thats exactly what they do and i for one cannot understand this procedure at all, its just stopping breeding but they still go hungry and fight for their food and territories so get injured then the problems start with illnesses....... and sorry the tourists dont help by feeding them as this gives them "hope" then everyone disappears at the end of the season and their hungry again .... especially the beach dogs .as an animal lover i find it very hard to understand... but i have found puppies and taken them to IAR and i know they will be put to sleep but as Dread said what life are they going to have .... once again "do gooders"stopped the culling saying it was in human.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Heidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by poppetjay
Got to agree with Dread..... thats exactly what they do and i for one cannot understand this procedure at all, its just stopping breeding but they still go hungry and fight for their food and territories so get injured then the problems start with illnesses....... and sorry the tourists dont help by feeding them as this gives them "hope" then everyone disappears at the end of the season and their hungry again .... especially the beach dogs .as an animal lover i find it very hard to understand... but i have found puppies and taken them to IAR and i know they will be put to sleep but as Dread said what life are they going to have .... once again "do gooders"stopped the culling saying it was in human.
There is no bigger animal lover than me and this is one of the hardest things for me when I go to Goa, to see all of these emaciated dogs starved of food and basic care. Culling is, unfortunately, the only answer.
It's heartbreaking, these poor animals, left to suffer. Shameful.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

In Indonesia they have found a novel way to deal with the stray dog menace. They round them up and tie em up and use them as live bait to catch Shark with....! Well thats one way....!
Old Feb 25th 2011, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Heidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really nice

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
In Indonesia they have found a novel way to deal with the stray dog menace. They round them up and tie em up and use them as live bait to catch Shark with....! Well thats one way....!
Bast**ds!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.