Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

Wikiposts

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Jan 27th 2012, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Well you could get a permit and pay the duty?

AndyD 8-)₹
Prefer not to give info. to authorities, and we don't drink that much. Even when there is a large family get-together we seem to aquire enough from Goa by people doing trips.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 4:54 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

500 Russian tourists stranded at Goa airport
28 Jan: Press Trust of India. Around 500 Russian tourists have been stranded at Goa airport as a result of a sudden suspension of operations by Russia's biggest tour operator Lanta Tur Voyage due to its "financial collapse"… many tourists were stranded at the airport since Friday night while many others were staying put in various hotels…. Reports from Moscow have predicted that the stoppage of operations by the tour operator will affect about 8,000 people who had bought packages from them

www.goanvoice.org.uk
Old Jan 28th 2012, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Tina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to allTina1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by noni
500 Russian tourists stranded at Goa airport
28 Jan: Press Trust of India. Around 500 Russian tourists have been stranded at Goa airport as a result of a sudden suspension of operations by Russia's biggest tour operator Lanta Tur Voyage due to its "financial collapse"… many tourists were stranded at the airport since Friday night while many others were staying put in various hotels…. Reports from Moscow have predicted that the stoppage of operations by the tour operator will affect about 8,000 people who had bought packages from them

www.goanvoice.org.uk
{sorry! I just can't help it}
Old Jan 28th 2012, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

There are some more stuck in Thailand too.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:29 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Well you could get a permit and pay the duty?

AndyD 8-)₹
Originally Posted by prestonjohn
Dont know about the English and Honeybee though.Its a pretty nasty substance all in all.....
Interesting. Honeybee has given me some absolutely barking mad dreams. Since getting beyond drunk on it, I've absolutely left it alone & never intend to touch it again ever. I'd like to have it chemically analysed in the UK. & I bet it would actually be illegal in the UK due to the shite that I think it must contain.

H.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:37 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hemingway
Interesting. Honeybee has given me some absolutely barking mad dreams. Since getting beyond drunk on it, I've absolutely left it alone & never intend to touch it again ever. I'd like to have it chemically analysed in the UK. & I bet it would actually be illegal in the UK due to the shite that I think it must contain.

H.
i could do with a bottle of Honeybee right now!
Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:52 am

Attacks on women baffles Goa police

29 Jan: IBNS. Disturbed by the spate of sex attacks on teenage girls, including rape of a two-year-old infant, Goa police is most likely to issue safety advisory for women. The state recently witnessed two separate cases of rape, molestation and kidnapping incidents in different parts of the capital city while Colva police station in South Goa, is probing another case of sexual assault on a two year old baby… “We are asking the women to remain vigilant and not to leave their minor children at the hands of unknown person or alone,” said a senior officer

what a stupid headline

www.goanvoice.org.uk

Russians in Goa waiting to fly back

29 Jan: IBNS. The Russian Consulate in Mumbai is trying to extend all possible aid to its stranded passengers at Goa’s Dabolim international airport after the air carriers refused to carry them as Moscow’s biggest tour operator Lanta Tur ‘ran out of cash to fund’ the chartered company… Over 8000 Russians holidaying in Goa through Lanta Tur Travel Company are likely to get affected… It has been learnt that the insurance company with which the agency has tied up has withdrawn itself from providing any financial help

Will they all stay in Goa without Visa's!.

UK: James Martin: "Goans are the most humble, nicest people you could ever meet"
28 Jan: The Independent (UK). James Martin is a television presenter and restaurateur. He says, "...Over Christmas, I went to Goa, which was both amazing and depressing. You can't believe how people live there and the disparity in wealth. There's a colossal difference between those who have, and those who have not. I fell in love with the locals though - they were just the most humble, nicest people you could ever meet..."

www.goanvoice.org.uk

Last edited by noni; Jan 29th 2012 at 4:56 am.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 5:06 am
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Talking Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by noni
i could do with a bottle of Honeybee right now!
For some reason, I decided to try & drink a bottle of it, after a few cans of John smith's & some red wine - the results were distinctly unattractive, not only that night but the day after was lost as well! My mind suffered for days if not weeks or months after! Really, leave Honeybee alone & stick to unleaded petrol or diesel instead - far safer & probably not too different in terms of chemical composition!

H.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hemingway
For some reason, I decided to try & drink a bottle of it, after a few cans of John smith's & some red wine - the results were distinctly unattractive, not only that night but the day after was lost as well! My mind suffered for days if not weeks or months after! Really, leave Honeybee alone & stick to unleaded petrol or diesel instead - far safer & probably not too different in terms of chemical composition!

H.
I would think that the cans of John Smiths and the red wine had a little to do with how you felt and a bottle of Honeybee!!! Alcohol poisoning from the volume! :drinkwine : =
Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:15 am

Thank God it's Friday in Goa
29 Jan: Örnsköldsviks Allehanda (Sweden). Sober thoughts from Rosie. … I wandered alone along Anjuna Beach … There is a Public Holiday in India today so the beach is literally swarming with Indians … Many wanted to photograph me with arms around them, as if we were BFF (Best Friends Forever). But when a few young Indians came up and want to kiss me on the mouth 'lip, lip, kiss, kiss ", I put a stop…
An Accident happens so easily.

www.goanvoice.org.uk
Old Jan 31st 2012, 9:23 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies, not a newspaper but the amazingly crappy Holiday Troofs (Latin for Lie through your teeth), but........

They are very lucky to have a certain Mr VR Barretto posting his family visit experiences, genuinely entertaining and very well written;

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewt...154752&start=0

Go to the beginning and ignore the usual cr@p from the HT kiss-@rse regulars,
Old Feb 1st 2012, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Noni, did I miss something - why are you linking us to 2006?

AndyD 8-)#
Old Feb 1st 2012, 4:19 am

AndyD 8-)#
I must have missed something - quoting from goanvoice.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

AndyD 8-)#
?????????????????
Old Feb 1st 2012, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by msj5
?????????????????
I am completely confused, but I am sure Andy will be correct whatever it is, or he has been on his secret stash of booze.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.