Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

Wikiposts

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Sep 10th 2011, 3:12 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by indiapurple
Hi All

This has always been the best place to eat, in my opinion
http://www.navhindtimes.in/idine/village-no-other

kind regards
Hi Indiapurple, how's it going?
Totally agree with you on this.
The food is superb and extremely reasonably priced. What is also so nice is that nothing is ever too much trouble for Patrick and his family, they are genuinely nice folks, so for anyone who has allergies, as well as anyone who just likes good food, I can fully recommend this off the beaten track eaterie. They could do with a sign on the main road though so more people could find it (then again maybe not as it may get too busy lol !)
They are also very good at catering for kids tastes.
Unfortunately Patrick was still having his refurb done whilst we were there last season and didn't reopen until after we retrned to the UK - we certainly missed the place.... but will most definitely be popping in there several times this coming season.

Dread - x

Last edited by dreadsoc; Sep 10th 2011 at 3:14 am.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by indiapurple
Hi All

This has always been the best place to eat, in my opinion
http://www.navhindtimes.in/idine/village-no-other

kind regards
any chance of a map?

cheers AndyD 8-)#
Old Sep 10th 2011, 8:50 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

'People blame the government but it's not their fault, what about the parents?': Mother of man killed by conkers speaks about her 'perfect' son

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1XaJb6F9Z

at last a parent who says
"She also said she had brought her children up to be respectful of others and said parents with little or no money should stop blaming the government and start teaching their children the difference between right and wrong.
'I see people saying, "Our children have nothing, they cannot do anything but go to the streets". That is not true.
'Steven went to karate, to other extra clubs, I count my pennies

Respect to this lady.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 2:43 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
any chance of a map?

cheers AndyD 8-)#
I haven't got a map but will try to give you some directions.... however Indiapurple will probably be able to give better ones at some point....

Go out of Candolim over the Nerul Bridge on the Panjim road. Pass Johnny's Bar, then keep going for about a mile or so, past another restaurent called Riverside (also quite a nice place for food). Keep going until you reach a crossroads, where you normally turn right to go towards the ferry for Panjim. Turn left at this crossroads (there are local bars on each corner of this turning).
Drive down the rather uneven road about a mile or so (it s very dark!!) You will find the Bahtti Village on the left hand side. Drive slowly as it is quite a small frontage to the premises.

Sorry I can't be more specific, and my distances might be slightly out, but hopefully you will find the place and it will be well worth it.

Dread - x
Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:41 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

100 protesters burn American flag outside U.S. embassy in London during minute's silence for 9/11

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1Xfdpc1Wb

Put them on a plane back to their homeland.,
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold

Noni please please please! What about there human rights? Have you considered they may have had disenfranchised childhoods? No No No, what you do is put them in the first remote controlled plane available, crash it into the side of a mountain and that way they will find empathy with the pilots of the planes involved in 9/11. They'll be happy then, so much kinder don't you think?
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
I haven't got a map but... over the Nerul Bridge ... past another restaurent called Riverside (also quite a nice place for food) <agreed AndyD>. Keep going until you reach a crossroads, where you normally turn right to go towards the ferry for Panjim. <Verem?> Turn left <the back road to Mapusa?> ... about a mile or so... Bahtti Village on the left...Dread - x
If I'm right I've driven that road lots of times but I can't place Bhatti Village.

thanks - AndyD 8-)#
Old Sep 11th 2011, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by a_f_d
If I'm right I've driven that road lots of times but I can't place Bhatti Village.

thanks - AndyD 8-)#
Its the crossroads where you turn right to Coco Beach, and Bhatti Village is down the the left turn opposite - the juntion where there are always loads of cows in the road. It is easy to miss as the frontage looks a bit like someone's house rather than a bar - it is the one building which is closest to the road and is about 200 - 300 yards before you reach a dead end. It is also known as Patricks Bar. Drive slowly or you will miss it.

Dread - x
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:34 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear
Noni please please please! What about there human rights?
Freedom of thought, conscience and religion, the freedom to express your beliefs, and the freedom of assembly and association are so yesterday, aren't they? The sooner we do away with them the better, surely?
Old Sep 12th 2011, 12:48 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Freedom of thought, conscience and religion, the freedom to express your beliefs, and the freedom of assembly and association are so yesterday, aren't they? The sooner we do away with them the better, surely?
For scum like that?

Yup......
Old Sep 12th 2011, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold

My post was somewhat tongue in cheek Fatbrit!
Old Sep 12th 2011, 2:27 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
For scum like that?

Yup......
You must have missed their inalienable nature. Scum or saint....makes no difference.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 2:39 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by SteveKingswear
My post was somewhat tongue in cheek Fatbrit!
To me, it suggested that they shouldn't have human rights. That is a totally illegitimate stance. The question is whether their right to disagree and publicly express their disagreement by their acts was or was not protected under their inalienable human rights.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
To me, it suggested that they shouldn't have human rights. That is a totally illegitimate stance. The question is whether their right to disagree and publicly express their disagreement by their acts was or was not protected under their inalienable human rights.
Agree with you regarding their 'human rights' but this particular group were not expressing their disagreement publicly in a peaceful way, neither were the English Defence League, both groups were just out to cause trouble, there were arrests, and apparently fights between the two groups later. Both groups deserve condemnation for their methods of protest.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 3:11 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Bipat
Agree with you regarding their 'human rights' but this particular group were not expressing their disagreement publicly in a peaceful way, neither were the English Defence League, both groups were just out to cause trouble, there were arrests, and apparently fights between the two groups later. Both groups deserve condemnation for their methods of protest.
We are in agreement, then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.