Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

In To-day's Newspapers

Wikiposts

In To-day's Newspapers

Old Jan 13th 2012, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice
Default Re: In To-day's Newspapers

Originally Posted by msj5
If you get caught short in Panjim the loos in Hotel Fidalgo are spotless!!!!
And the new ones in the garden directly opposite the Hindu Pharmacy are immaculate though a fee is involved, Rs.3/- for the urinal and Rs.5/- for a 'cubicle'.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

If you get caught short in Panjim the loos in Hotel Fidalgo are spotless!!!!
Been there several times, one day not so spotless but the cleaner did go in just as I left. The restaurants are good also.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 7:14 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/11480967.cms

Govt wants ban on shacks at Candolim's Camotim Vaddo
14 Jan: Times of India. Beach shacks may not be allowed at Candolim's Camotim Vaddo next season if the tourism department's recommendation is upheld … every time its officials go to the beach to clear illegal beach shacks or to remove illegally-kept beach beds, they are obstructed and even manhandled by locals… the locals were instigating foreign tourists to block the officials from removing the beach beds

Anybody know which part of the beach they refer to!
Old Jan 14th 2012, 7:19 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Visitors deserve the best

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.u...ode=418672&c=1

Anti-immigration policies, an Indian student's murder - the UK government needs to forge better foreign links, urges Keith Vaz
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:21 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Visitors deserve the best

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.u...ode=418672&c=1

Anti-immigration policies, an Indian student's murder - the UK government needs to forge better foreign links, urges Keith Vaz
Shame that Vaseline VAZ wasn't so outspoken to the Goan and Indian politicians when Scarlett Keeling was murdered and then the murder covered up by the police - and another shame he is not so outspoken about the appalling treatement of British property owners in Goa - and the visa fiasco !

It is very clear what his REAL agenda is - and it isn't for the good of Britian - more to get more immigrants here - legal or otherwise!!!

Dread - x
Old Jan 14th 2012, 10:15 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

So despite repeated requests from members, no facility to "like" a previous post.............

Is this a fatuous "Facebook" thing?
No. Its a simple way of avoiding "reply", agreeing with a post, and taking up space on the forum.

Still, at least for now we can celebrate our obsolete, steam powered BE?

Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Shame that Vaseline VAZ wasn't so outspoken to the Goan and Indian politicians when Scarlett Keeling was murdered and then the murder covered up by the police - and another shame he is not so outspoken about the appalling treatement of British property owners in Goa - and the visa fiasco !

It is very clear what his REAL agenda is - and it isn't for the good of Britian - more to get more immigrants here - legal or otherwise!!!

Dread - x
Not a fan of pompous Mr Vaz; but what evidence is there that he wants to get more immigrants into the UK? He has complained about "lax border controls".
Is it wrong to regret the murder of a student?
Old Jan 14th 2012, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bipat
Not a fan of pompous Mr Vaz; but what evidence is there that he wants to get more immigrants into the UK? He has complained about "lax border controls".
Is it wrong to regret the murder of a student?
The murder of anyone is to be very much regretted but every time I read about Mr Vaz or see him on the TV it is always something to do with the Indian community in the UK or India. Does he not represent any of the other races, including white British who must be in his constituency. He is supposed to represent 'the people' not just one section of 'the people'.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by noni
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/11480967.cms

Govt wants ban on shacks at Candolim's Camotim Vaddo
14 Jan: Times of India. Beach shacks may not be allowed at Candolim's Camotim Vaddo next season if the tourism department's recommendation is upheld … every time its officials go to the beach to clear illegal beach shacks or to remove illegally-kept beach beds, they are obstructed and even manhandled by locals… the locals were instigating foreign tourists to block the officials from removing the beach beds

Anybody know which part of the beach they refer to!
Camotin Vaddo is from Candolim football ground down to the beach .
Old Jan 14th 2012, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k800mer
The murder of anyone is to be very much regretted but every time I read about Mr Vaz or see him on the TV it is always something to do with the Indian community in the UK or India. Does he not represent any of the other races, including white British who must be in his constituency. He is supposed to represent 'the people' not just one section of 'the people'.

I would agree, don't care much for what I have seen of Keith Vaz.
But I suppose it is called caring only for your 'own group'.
Which is why I questioned Dread's post using the subject of the murder of an innocent student from Pune into an opportunity to rant about property and visas.
But then perhaps I am doing the same, having connections with Pune.

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/repor...ks-all_1630847

Last edited by Bipat; Jan 14th 2012 at 4:20 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

In that case I'm not surprised they don't like tourist board 'officials' interferring - most of the shacks on that stretch are on private property (i.e. old fishing families places).

AndyD 8-)#
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:09 pm

Just trying to think what shacks could have been involved!
Old Jan 15th 2012, 12:21 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny five
So despite repeated requests from members, no facility to "like" a previous post.............
Yep, you can. Just hit the Karma button on the posts you like and leave a little message. Even if it's just "like"
Old Jan 15th 2012, 1:24 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Yep, you can. Just hit the Karma button on the posts you like and leave a little message. Even if it's just "like"
Not the same as I.M. (or facebook for that matter) though, where you can instantly show your "like" for that particular post, and its instantly clear how many members support those views/that information.........and at the click of a button, who they are.

The BE system(sic) tends to indicate how many people "like" a person, plus its drawn out and tedious to use, doubt if may bother checking.

Last edited by johnny five; Jan 15th 2012 at 1:25 am. Reason: I are alliterate, innit?
Old Jan 15th 2012, 7:22 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
I would agree, don't care much for what I have seen of Keith Vaz.
But I suppose it is called caring only for your 'own group'.
Which is why I questioned Dread's post using the subject of the murder of an innocent student from Pune into an opportunity to rant about property and visas.
But then perhaps I am doing the same, having connections with Pune.

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/repor...ks-all_1630847
Bipat
Surprise surprise - I would expect this sort of retort from you !
Do you understand the term 'pro racist'? Take a look at it as you will identify with it !

If you actually read the article on Noni's post you may actually have the intellect to grasp the content of my post. I make what I feel is a valid point about a somewhat biased individual in public life.
As it is, your tedious rebuttal of anything critical of India or an Indian just makes me so bored that I really cannot be arsed to even bother explaining it to you. So take your nasty little comments and shove them up somewhere dark !!!

Thanks for the insomnia cure !

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dread - x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.