Acron Homes

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

Goacrazy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Acron Homes

Originally Posted by johnny five
Please forgive me if I'm being a bit simple here, but..........
The way I read this is that you have bought an on-going, guaranteed, sell-able, inheritable lease that will allow "virtual" ownership with no snags or pitfalls?
Are Acron still selling these?
If not, why not?
Why is anyone trying to sell conventionally with all the problems involved, as this sounds like the solution to Goa disintegrating property market?
The only "anti" I can see is the "great British obsession" of property ownership is not satisfied as you never totally own the place.

Or am I just reading this wrong?
No you haven't read it wrong J5
This is how Acron set up the agreements with the buyer.If I had this sort of lease I would be over the moon.Owning deeds wouldn't bother me one bit.To know that I wasn't going to get turfed out after 5 years and could sell back what I have had enough or am to old or feeble to make the trip to Goa would suit me fine.
It would the answer to all my problems.Acron are the only builder I know that have the agreements set up like this
If the Government changed the law so all FN could do this and put pressure on the builders to do this I would very happy
My builder as us on a 5 yr lease and isn't going to re-new for any FN so we are in big trouble after the lease runs out,we have no where to go.A houseful of furniture and all the mod cons put in by us.We stand to loose thousands as do aother on our complex:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

NellyJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Please forgive me if I'm being a bit simple here, but..........
The way I read this is that you have bought an on-going, guaranteed, sell-able, inheritable lease that will allow "virtual" ownership with no snags or pitfalls?
Are Acron still selling these?
If not, why not?
Why is anyone trying to sell conventionally with all the problems involved, as this sounds like the solution to Goa disintegrating property market?
The only "anti" I can see is the "great British obsession" of property ownership is not satisfied as you never totally own the place.

Or am I just reading this wrong?
Hi Johnny,
As far as i know, all Acron Contracts are the same - new and old.
Although if the law changed now I don't know if existing contracts would be affected - maybe they would?
I was struggling at first to realise why everyone was worried about not getting the freehold if Leases were guaranteed renewable - but then I hadn't realised that not everybody had the same kind of contract or was in the same situation. - or maybe i'm the simple one here! (probably!)
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:29 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nelly,
Do you have to pay to have the lease renewed?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Nelly,
Do you have to pay to have the lease renewed?
I don't think so Noni. Not from looking at the wording of the contract. It doesn't mention payment. There would be a charge for transferring the Lease i am sure, but I don't know how much that is. When I go out and take possession in a couple of weeks I will ask the question.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:34 pm
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

I am amazed!

So are they still selling on this basis?

Maybe I should contact those "saddo's" that were on here last Autumn who had bought at Villa Maria in Siolim and wanted to get involved in all the activities and organisations in Siolim village (you know, W.I., Tory Party, PTA, etc).
They must be fed up and wanting to sell by now and it might be nice to have a posh bolt-hole on the other side of the hill, even though the entire approach from Siolim, hundreds of yards, is thick with garbage now! Nothing to do with Acron though.

Seriously though, this sounds great.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

I am amazed!

So are they still selling on this basis?

Maybe I should contact those "saddo's" that were on here last Autumn who had bought at Villa Maria in Siolim and wanted to get involved in all the activities and organisations in Siolim village (you know, W.I., Tory Party, PTA, etc).
They must be fed up and wanting to sell by now and it might be nice to have a posh bolt-hole on the other side of the hill, even though the entire approach from Siolim, hundreds of yards, is thick with garbage now! Nothing to do with Acron though.

Seriously though, this sounds great.
That's the only worry Johnny, sounds too good to be true! That's why I stay a bit sceptical! Also, I'm not sure how easy in reality it would be to sell.
I believe Acron have acted in the past and sold flats on the lessees behalf (when people have signed up and then not been able to utilise them for one reason or another).
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 3:04 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NellyJ
That's the only worry Johnny, sounds too good to be true! That's why I stay a bit sceptical! Also, I'm not sure how easy in reality it would be to sell.
I believe Acron have acted in the past and sold flats on the lessees behalf (when people have signed up and then not been able to utilise them for one reason or another).

Good Luck to you Nelly - enjoy it while you can.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NellyJ
We have a property from Acron on a 5 year lease and as Nelly say's the wording does say that the lease will renew every 5 years, Our five years is up next January and we fully expect it to roll over. However not everyone with Acron is on a lease, on our development there are at least 2 properties owned by FN who have the freehold, I don't know if either of them is being investigated. At the moment I an just glad to be on a lease. Who knows what will happen in the future.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

.... confirmation from Acron that the Lease is absolutely and fully protected by law as it is in the Contract that they have to renew it every 5 years - even if they sold up or went bust.
I've posted about this a few times - it does appear that a contract to renew a lease is binding in Indian law, but as I pointed out, this appears to conflict with FEMA if the purchaser is a FN - so I suggest you would want the opinion of a very senior lawyer before entering into an agreement based on that. otoh Acron have an excellent reputation, and I see no reason to suppose they won't honour their agreements.
btw I don't think all Acron purchasers are on lease - their agreement allows you to get the deeds when you are in a position to do so.

AndyD 8-)#
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:08 am
A little honey

Honey Bee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a_f_d
I've posted about this a few times - it does appear that a contract to renew a lease is binding in Indian law, but as I pointed out, this appears to conflict with FEMA if the purchaser is a FN - so I suggest you would want the opinion of a very senior lawyer before entering into an agreement based on that. otoh Acron have an excellent reputation, and I see no reason to suppose they won't honour their agreements.
btw I don't think all Acron purchasers are on lease - their agreement allows you to get the deeds when you are in a position to do so.

AndyD 8-)#

What is otoh?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

emsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant futureemsirrah has a brilliant future

otoh - On The Other Hand

there are lots of internet slang sites for lazy typers.

www.noslang.com/dictionary.php is one of many
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by emsirrah
otoh - On The Other Hand

there are lots of internet slang sites for lazy typers.

www.noslang.com/dictionary.php is one of many

Well for God's sake type it, it takes ages to connect from your mobile looking up geeky language.
Old May 9th 2009, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

powerhouse will become famous soon enoughpowerhouse will become famous soon enough

We had a brief meeting with Acron during our recent visit to discuss our 58 month lease which expires at the end of the Year. According to them the renewal process is very simple and can be compleated is a couple of days. All we have to do is make a appointment with their advocate in Callangute and he will take care of everything. Sounds too simple, I will let everyone know what actually happens.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by powerhouse
We had a brief meeting with Acron during our recent visit to discuss our 58 month lease which expires at the end of the Year. According to them the renewal process is very simple and can be compleated is a couple of days. All we have to do is make a appointment with their advocate in Callangute and he will take care of everything. Sounds too simple, I will let everyone know what actually happens.
Hi All on Acron site.

Please will you sign the petition Andy has organized to be sent to
Gordon Brown!!!!! with regard to property purchase in Goa. It affects us all, we have to have 500 signatures by 17th July.

Thanks http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/goahomes/
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:15 am
cbc
Forum Regular

cbc is on a distinguished road

Hello

Is there any one out there who has sold a Acron property?
I'm thinking about selling and need any info on how you go about it?
Also how you get your money out of India?

Many Thanks

Julie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.