Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Top 5 things about Canada

Top 5 things about Canada

Old Mar 4th 2012, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Monique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Top 5 things about Canada

Swimming in my Pool all summer with my family

BBQ-ing every night in the summer

Tim Hortons Pecan Maple Danish's

Italian Wedding Soup

Owning a nice Spacious house with enough bathrooms so I have my own and not have to wait or go into a smelly bathroom after one of my 3 men have used it.....Having no Mortgage and being able to Travel/holiday 2 or 3 times a year
Old Mar 4th 2012, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

pacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the rough

1/ yes the low crime unbelievable the difference
2/ clean fresh air low pollution well in Alberta
3/ friendly people well most of them,
4/ in my experience company you work for look after you (good Xmas bonus)
5/ bigger houses for your money
Old Mar 4th 2012, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

ukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

1) my kids can tell the difference between male and female crabs, the species of salmon, and which ones taste better
2) I get to watch hockey again
3) clean air
4) my wife doesn't work but we have a better standard of living
5) we all spend more quality time together and enjoy the outdoors more

I couldn't decide what the top 5 were this was a lot harder than I thought....... it's very interesting seeing what people are putting here
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:25 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
1. Its easy to tell people who ask you where you are from rather than thinking do I say England, the UK or Great Britain.
2. You only need to be concerned with one road to get across it.
3. Less chavs, pikeys, cockneys, scousers etc etc.
4. No TOWIE
5. mmmmm Im running out of things but the scenery is spectacular from the frozen tundra of the North (Regina not included), the Rockies, our lakes being a touch bigger than the Lake District, and wide open spaces to escape to.
Shakes head.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:42 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Whats with the Regina bashing?????

I reckon that save some of the exceptions such as the BC cities and possibly Calgary - why is Regina being singled out.

Lloydminster / Lethbridge / Medicine Hat / Camrose to a degree Edmonton are all cities here (that I know of) without much of a view and will offer the same ammenities as Regina.

Scenery doesn't put food on the table, supply a good community or give you a job (unless you're an artist or a photographer or something!)
Old Mar 5th 2012, 2:47 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

actually have just googled imaged Regina and it looks pretty darn nice actually preferable to 4 out of the 5 places i listed in AB (IMHO) for first impressions!
Old Mar 5th 2012, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

shit if there were a job offer in regina, i'd take it tomorrow
Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

headingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Some five years ago I experienced a hailstorm here. Damage to the house was $24,000 and to the cars $7,000.
Have a funny store about that. Bloke I met at work tried out some DIY hail damage with a tube sock and a tennis ball, hoping for a new paint job on a beater. Being a numpty he did the whole car, top, sides all the way around except the glass. The insurance adjuster promptly rejected his claim of the "uniform severe hail damage except the windows". Months later I still find myself giggling when he showed me the car and told me the story.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

headingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to allheadingwest is a name known to all

sorry meant to say "tube sock and golf ball"
Old Mar 5th 2012, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

laa1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
1. Its easy to tell people who ask you where you are from rather than thinking do I say England, the UK or Great Britain.
2. You only need to be concerned with one road to get across it.
3. Less chavs, pikeys, cockneys, scousers etc etc.
4. No TOWIE
5. mmmmm Im running out of things but the scenery is spectacular from the frozen tundra of the North (Regina not included), the Rockies, our lakes being a touch bigger than the Lake District, and wide open spaces to escape to.
I take it these kind of people have affected you in someway? Or is it just a stupid comment..
Old Mar 5th 2012, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Whats with the Regina bashing?????

I reckon that save some of the exceptions such as the BC cities and possibly Calgary - why is Regina being singled out.

Lloydminster / Lethbridge / Medicine Hat / Camrose to a degree Edmonton are all cities here (that I know of) without much of a view and will offer the same ammenities as Regina.

Scenery doesn't put food on the table, supply a good community or give you a job (unless you're an artist or a photographer or something!)
Bashing Regina is a Prairie pastime however it seems to have spread to all parts of Canada. Do Alberdans call Saskatchewan the Gap like Manitobans do? Why is the meeting of the 2 x CFL teams called the Banjo Bowl.
Its all good natured ribbing between the Provinces. Ive been to Regina many times and never had a problem just for the record.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laa1973
I take it these kind of people have affected you in someway? Or is it just a stupid comment..
Actually if the truth be known they did affect me in my previous job which was arresting them for all types of crimes in particular the scousers who would send teams of shoplifters and car thieves to Preston to ply their trade.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Tony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by headingwest
sorry meant to say "tube sock and golf ball"
It's OK. Actually, my mental image of someone trying to dent their body work with a tennis ball in a sock was even funnier than the story!
Old Mar 6th 2012, 4:19 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

1. Proximity to a whole new part of the world
2. The coastline at the end of our road
3. Some really good friends
4. The shrimp and squid
5. The wildlife
Old Mar 6th 2012, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Stephen47 will become famous soon enoughStephen47 will become famous soon enough

When I went to Canada (Toronto) for a 10 day holiday, here are my observations of the country.

1. Friendly people
2. Open spaces
3. Proximity to other major cities and the USA.
4. Very laid-back.
5. Close to the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.