Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The Plumbers crack

The Plumbers crack

Old May 1st 2010, 8:18 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Plumbers crack

Originally Posted by kate 17
I found ten minutes to pop in.....let me try again. These were Stats Can findings not mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying anything about the intelligence of tradesmen or the mentally challenged. I know that intelligence takes many forms.

However, university educated people are more inclined to like ideas and have
a different criteria for what makes life enjoyable so for instance in the UK you have brilliant journalism and radio 4 to listen to. In Canada these are lacking. The Globe and Mail is tedious and the CBS is dull. I think that's what these stats portray. There are no great museums to do research in and there is nowhere to get in touch with a past that you feel connected to.

I have nothing against tradesmen.but how many can you discuss Jung or Neitzche with? If you have a liking for education lets not say intelligence then coming away from a rich heritage might leave you feeling bereft.

Right I'm off again............why do I have to be so busy.

I did the LSD when I was young maybe that's what's wrong with me it scrambled my brain more than I know!
If you started to discuss Dung and Shitzche in my company you wouldn't last 10 seconds. Does that mean i'm lacking education?

I doubt that you could discuss Quantum Physics, in-depth Cloud Computing or Cratons. Does that make you uneducated?

I also don't read the newspapers because, in my opinion, the UK lacks "brilliant journalism". Nor do i listen to Radio 4. The former doesn't make me uneducated and the latter just means i'm not over the age of 60 years old. You're showing your age here. Reading your posts so far i would say an old, narcissistic, moderately intelligent, poverty stricken, chubby prostitute. How close am i?

One thing that is clear; you're adept at satisfying your narcissism so for that i applaud you

Last edited by el_richo; May 1st 2010 at 8:22 pm.
Old May 1st 2010, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by el_richo
If you started to discuss Dung and Shitzche in my company you wouldn't last 10 seconds. Does that mean i'm lacking education?

I doubt that you could discuss Quantum Physics, in-depth Cloud Computing or Cratons. Does that make you uneducated?

I also don't read the newspapers because, in my opinion, the UK lacks "brilliant journalism". Nor do i listen to Radio 4. The former doesn't make me uneducated and the latter just means i'm not over the age of 60 years old. You're showing your age here. Reading your posts so far i would say an old, narcissistic, moderately intelligent, poverty stricken, chubby prostitute. How close am i?

One thing that is clear; you're adept at satisfying your narcissism so for that i applaud you
Why don't you like Dung and Shitzche? Two of the greatest minds that ever lived? Understand them and you understand life.

I'm very interested in quantum physics....Just don't expect me to do the math. Can You?

I have read a few articles in the Independent and Guardian that are brilliant. Why don't you think British journalism is good? Do you really prefer the Mop and Pail? Radio 4 has some good shows about quantum Physics and the shipping forecast....I listen to the shipping forecast every night!

I'm not even close to 60 whaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm not chubby, the prostitute well, sometimes if I want something from the husband.......

No comfortably awf .......But I would like more, because I'm greedy and I love to travel. Do you?

It's not fair, by the time I'm done everyone will know all about me and I will know dick all about anyone else...That will give ammunition and unfair advantage.

I get asked all these questions I answer them and then I get slagged off for being a narccisist.... what can you do?

Lord Vader, what's a cradle?
Old May 1st 2010, 9:36 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very interested in quantum physics....Just don't expect me to do the math. Can You?

I have read a few articles in the Independent and Guardian that are brilliant. Why don't you think British journalism is good? Do you really prefer the Mop and Pail? Radio 4 has some good shows about quantum Physics and the shipping forecast....I listen to the shipping forecast every night!
Ask away. I can do the math too. But I think I must have missed the Radio 4 show.

I agree that the Independent and the Grauniad have some excellent stuff. Luckily it's all available on the interwebby, as is the NY Times, Die Welt and Le Canard Enchainee. What's your point?
Old May 1st 2010, 9:50 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you like Dung and Shitzche? Two of the greatest minds that ever lived? Understand them and you understand life.
Because i find them excruciatingly boring and don't need them in order to understand my life

You can't discuss the math? Does that make you uneducated? I personally wouldn't know Quantum Physics if it crawled out of my wee hole carrying a banner saying "Hello, i'm Quantum Physics" written in size 72 Arial font.

I have read a few articles in the Independent and Guardian that are brilliant. Why don't you think British journalism is good? Do you really prefer the Mop and Pail? Radio 4 has some good shows about quantum Physics and the shipping forecast....
Most newspapers, reporting, and radio is available over the ether so i'm not sure you can use that as an excuse

I listen to the shipping forecast every night!
You make this too easy

I'm not even close to 60 whaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm not chubby, the prostitute well, sometimes if I want something from the husband.......
Pimp my wife. Now that would make a great show.

No comfortably awf .......But I would like more, because I'm greedy and I love to travel. Do you?
I do love to travel. Although enjoying a quiet period at the moment. And your favourite place is?

It's not fair, by the time I'm done everyone will know all about me and I will know dick all about anyone else...That will give ammunition and unfair advantage.
Your intelligence has you dancing around us all in a current Mohamed Ali manner.

Las respuestas para usted, arriba en rojo. Por favor cualquier pregunta que te gusta, mi querido

Last edited by el_richo; May 1st 2010 at 9:54 pm.
Old May 1st 2010, 10:06 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

England always lost a bloody wicket, when TMS was interrupted by the shipping forcast
Old May 1st 2010, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Ask away. I can do the math too. But I think I must have missed the Radio 4 show.

I agree that the Independent and the Grauniad have some excellent stuff. Luckily it's all available on the interwebby, as is the NY Times, Die Welt and Le Canard Enchainee. What's your point?

You can really do the Math ? I'm impressed. That's 100 points for you on the grading scale that I'm compiling on the posters here. Do you see the mathematical elegance of the universe then?

Reading stuff on line, is not the same as reading the Guardian in a British Rail first class compartment just to irritate the stuffed old conservative reading the Times opposite you. who would you irritate on VIA Rail!

el richo I'm getting to you.
Old May 1st 2010, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=el_richo;8535709].

Las respuestas para usted, arriba en rojo. Por favor cualquier pregunta que te gusta, mi querido

"I do love to travel. Although enjoying a quiet period at the moment. And your favourite place is?"

I can't quite decide between Dogger bank or German Bite

Are you testing if I I'm good at languages? I'm not....but I knew you were a bloody Mexican

Laughed my head off at the rest of your reply.......30 points!

Last edited by kate 17; May 1st 2010 at 10:29 pm. Reason: punctuation
Old May 1st 2010, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Flogger
England always lost a bloody wicket, when TMS was interrupted by the shipping forcast
- 50 points
Old May 1st 2010, 10:32 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You can really do the Math ? I'm impressed. That's 100 points for you on the grading scale that I'm compiling on the posters here. Do you see the mathematical elegance of the universe then?
Eh?

Reading stuff on line, is not the same as reading the Guardian in a British Rail first class compartment just to irritate the stuffed old conservative reading the Times opposite you.
Apart from the obvious point that British Rail first class compartments would be fairly useless if they weren't online, I've been an overseas subscriber to the Grauniad Weakly for, ooh let's see, 33 years. If it weren't for having the immensely sensual experience of reading it in the crapper, I'm sure i'd be in a sad way by now.
Old May 1st 2010, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Eh?

Apart from the obvious point that British Rail first class compartments would be fairly useless if they weren't online, I've been an overseas subscriber to the Grauniad Weakly for, ooh let's see, 33 years. If it weren't for having the immensely sensual experience of reading it in the crapper, I'm sure i'd be in a sad way by now.
Let's see if I can post a link,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elegant_Universe

No, I don't know how to do it .... It's a fabulous book by Brian Greene mostly about String theory.

Tis sacrilege reading the Guardian on the loo....I'm reporting you to the editor
Old May 1st 2010, 10:56 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...I've been an overseas subscriber to the Grauniad Weakly for, ooh let's see, 33 years. If it weren't for having the immensely sensual experience of reading it in the crapper, I'm sure i'd be in a sad way by now.
As much as I enjoy reading a newspaper that's in my hands, I had a trial and I was unimpressed. Have you just not stopped it since that time when it probably was worth it?
Old May 1st 2010, 11:01 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

- 50 points

Pissed on your perade, eh!
Old May 1st 2010, 11:05 pm
Born again atheist

Let's see if I can post a link,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elegant_Universe

No, I don't know how to do it .... It's a fabulous book by Brian Greene mostly about String theory.

Tis sacrilege reading the Guardian on the loo....I'm reporting you to the editor
String theory is not quantum physics. And far too complicated for me.

I'm just a simpleton.
Old May 1st 2010, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I think there's some truth to this as long as you don't confuse a lack of academic education with a lack of intelligence. I know some very clever and knowledgeable people who don't have two CSEs/GCEs/GCSEs to rub together.
Old May 1st 2010, 11:15 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by BristolUK
As much as I enjoy reading a newspaper that's in my hands, I had a trial and I was unimpressed. Have you just not stopped it since that time when it probably was worth it?
I considered abandoning the rag to its deserved fate when it stopped the Bridge column.

Luckily that's also online.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.