Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I hate Toronto

I hate Toronto

Old May 14th 2011, 11:08 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate Toronto

Originally Posted by Third6
haha fair enough. Yeh, it was the Neill-Wysck place I stayed, absolute hole riddled with mice but the people that worked there were nice enough. It was actually still higher quality than the student halls I lived in in Glasgow.
I think it must more used for visitors than students, there's a constant stream of people coming and going. Our office is an old house along there so I see them as I trek to and from the hooker Harvey's.

I feel like Toronto is what you make of it, it's quirky and interesting. Never a dull moment and I like that. I was working at a music promotion and publicity company over there and it's definitely the city you wanna be in if you're into any sort of arts or creative industries.
That I wouldn't know, being firmly uncreative.
Old May 14th 2011, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
I think it must more used for visitors than students, there's a constant stream of people coming and going. Our office is an old house along there so I see them as I trek to and from the hooker Harvey's.

That I wouldn't know, being firmly uncreative.
During summer its used as a cheap hotel although students still live there. I'm actually gonna be staying there again this summer when I go over to start my IEC permit until I find an apartment. Hopefully that doesn't take long!

It's an amazing city for the music industry, that's why I'm going over there.
Old May 14th 2011, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Total bull.

Although at any Canadian POE, if you claim to live there, the hoarier old joke is that they'll ask you the telephone number for Pizza Pizza.
I can't believe I still remember it, 967-11-11, last dialed 20+ years ago. Was back in Toronto for the last time in summer 1997. I loved Toronto and will hopefully visit some day with my kids.

Mrs JTL
Old May 14th 2011, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brizzle
I've never been to Toronto, so I'm not going to comment on that, but it did make me smile that the 2nd example given for the incredible variety of things to do in Toronto, involves leaving Toronto
Let's not be tooo pedantic, shall we? It's only bloody outside of the city! Ok, in the same week I went to new Inuit art exhibition at AGO - firmly within the city limits.
Old May 14th 2011, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Still has no rail link to the airport from down town....when it does I might just like the place a tad more than I do at present....As its stands, Toronto reminds me of my Vacuum cleaner...it sucks too......
Old May 14th 2011, 4:34 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

haha fair enough. Yeh, it was the Neill-Wysck place I stayed, absolute hole riddled with mice but the people that worked there were nice enough. It was actually still higher quality than the student halls I lived in in Glasgow.

I feel like Toronto is what you make of it, it's quirky and interesting. Never a dull moment and I like that. I was working at a music promotion and publicity company over there and it's definitely the city you wanna be in if you're into any sort of arts or creative industries.
Brilliant.

A friend of mine is the General Manager at Neill-Wysck

Last edited by JamesM; May 14th 2011 at 4:36 pm.
Old May 14th 2011, 4:38 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Going to a chain wing place, especially that chain wing place, the one that occupies the site of the very nice Nevada, is a disgrace.
How many "Hot as hell" wings can you eat???
Old May 14th 2011, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute

hmm..."bradistan" you call it, do you?

seems with a bigoted attitude like that, you shouldnt be in someone else's country at all.
i mean, just because there are a lot of pakistanis living in bradford, you feel its ok to take the pee out of the place by giving it a funny nickname?

dont we remember when england ran half the world as its colonies?
im sure the natives in those places didnt make fun of the intruders, like you make fun of the immigrants when they have come home to "roost"?!!

come on, get real...!
and i know, i know...the response is gonna be "oh, we're only joking".....!

Originally Posted by jameswales
There we go, it's out there. Couldn't keep it in any longer.

What an awful place! Busy, expensive with rude natives. All of the touted attractions were a let down, aside from the ferry back to Billy Bishop, that was great, as I was delighted to be getting out of that hell-hole after two weeks touring the city with work.

Would rather move back to the UK and go and live in Birmingham or Bradistan.

Rant over!
Old May 14th 2011, 9:11 pm
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

im sure the natives in those places didnt make fun of the intruders
Bet they did
Old May 14th 2011, 9:18 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GavinR
Bet they did
I'm sure they did.
Old May 14th 2011, 9:57 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I'm sure they did.
Yeh with names like, Limies, Honkey and Winging Pom
Old May 14th 2011, 10:05 pm
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Difference is most white folk don't give a crap about being called names.
Old May 14th 2011, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Platinum979 is a name known to allPlatinum979 is a name known to allPlatinum979 is a name known to allPlatinum979 is a name known to allPlatinum979 is a name known to allPlatinum979 is a name known to allPlatinum979 is a name known to allPlatinum979 is a name known to allPlatinum979 is a name known to allPlatinum979 is a name known to allPlatinum979 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jameswales
There we go, it's out there. Couldn't keep it in any longer.

What an awful place! Busy, expensive with rude natives. All of the touted attractions were a let down, aside from the ferry back to Billy Bishop, that was great, as I was delighted to be getting out of that hell-hole after two weeks touring the city with work.

Would rather move back to the UK and go and live in Birmingham or Bradistan.

Rant over!
P** off back home to the UK, you moanie git. No where on earth is perfect. One less brit we have to deal with out here.

Last edited by Platinum979; May 14th 2011 at 10:22 pm.
Old May 14th 2011, 10:18 pm
Meh

One less brit we have to deal with out here
Oh Lord, more anti British racism raises it's ugly head.
Old May 14th 2011, 10:22 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GavinR
Oh Lord, more anti British racism raises it's ugly head.
And personal slurring, against the rule me finx. Bad Man !! hmy

1. BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.

Last edited by magnumpi; May 14th 2011 at 10:25 pm. Reason: ADD RULE ONE, add add to add rule one when i added rule one i missed Add

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.