Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I hate Toronto

I hate Toronto

Old May 12th 2011, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

jameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to all
Default I hate Toronto

There we go, it's out there. Couldn't keep it in any longer.

What an awful place! Busy, expensive with rude natives. All of the touted attractions were a let down, aside from the ferry back to Billy Bishop, that was great, as I was delighted to be getting out of that hell-hole after two weeks touring the city with work.

Would rather move back to the UK and go and live in Birmingham or Bradistan.

Rant over!
Old May 12th 2011, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I hate Toronto

Originally Posted by jameswales

What an awful place! Busy, expensive with rude natives. All of the touted attractions were a let down, aside from the ferry back to Billy Bishop, that was great, as I was delighted to be getting out of that hell-hole after two weeks touring the city with work.

Rant over!
funny you should say that. I was watchin the jays last night and thought 'wouldn't it be great to live in TO, so much more to do...and the weather's better'

..there you go, I said it :-)
Old May 12th 2011, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

jameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to all

I went there with the best intentions....and decided to go in with an open mind, but looked like all I needed was an open wallet.

One good thing though - it was nice to be somewhere where people didn't look at me with wide eyes for having an 'accent'.
Old May 12th 2011, 5:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Rant over!
Did you go to Filmore's?
Old May 12th 2011, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

No, I'm too classy for that.
Old May 12th 2011, 5:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

No, I'm too classy for that.
The Olympic cheese stand at the St. Lawrence Market?
Old May 12th 2011, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Was that the one on Jarvis? If so I did pop in.

I imagine it was a nice city years ago before all of us Immigrants moved in....we probably only have ourselves to blame.
Old May 12th 2011, 5:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Was that the one on Jarvis? If so I did pop in.
Foot of Jarvis, yes. How about the BBQ Hut in Little India?
Old May 12th 2011, 5:40 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Rant over!
I'm afraid most north American cities are more or less as you sufficiently described.
Old May 12th 2011, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Toronto was particularly bad though. Anyone who lives there - get out!
Old May 12th 2011, 5:52 pm
Assimilated Pauper

You don't seem to have made the most of it, how about the cactus house in Allan Gardens or the Riverdale Zoo?
Old May 12th 2011, 5:53 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Toronto was particularly bad though. Anyone who lives there - get out!
They are all moving to my neck of the woods it seems. Thanking numerous gods for the constant stream of incoming immigrants that buy their overpriced houses and allow them to move out here to live like Kings...
Old May 12th 2011, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

keznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud of

Um I fail to understand how 2 weeks can determine it is a hell hole to live in.

As said dont think you made the best of it.
Old May 12th 2011, 6:07 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keznjj
Um I fail to understand how 2 weeks can determine it is a hell hole to live in.

As said dont think you made the best of it.
I came to that conclusion in about 2 days... just too many people for me. Nice to visit occasionally. Nicer to get back to my backwater afterwards. YMMV.
Old May 13th 2011, 12:51 am
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

I work there occasionally and hate that too, although I could see a brighter side being out on the lash for a few nights.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.