Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

I hate Toronto

I hate Toronto

Old May 13th 2011, 7:05 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hate Toronto

Originally Posted by JamesM
You weren't the annoying english numpty at Louis Wings who wanted to chat about basketball were you?
Going to a chain wing place, especially that chain wing place, the one that occupies the site of the very nice Nevada, is a disgrace.
Old May 13th 2011, 7:07 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I heard the locals pronounce it trawna. Does anybody know of a more ridiculous affectation for a place name in Canada?
I think it's more like terwanta.......that's how I practice it in my broadest Canadien accent.
Old May 13th 2011, 7:17 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Its an academic point really, arent there (or wont there soon be) a majority of immigrants there to mispronounce it anyway?

Missisagua is no doubt fraught with articulatory peril for the newbie too.
Old May 13th 2011, 7:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Missisagua is no doubt fraught with articulatory peril for the newbie too.

And it's hard to spell.
Old May 13th 2011, 7:23 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
And it's hard to spell.
Etobicoke was as difficult for me as Slough and Bath are for those heading the other way!
Old May 13th 2011, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Kydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud of

And it's hard to spell.
What does articulatory mean? Is it to do with speech?

oops sorry dbd I quoted the wrong person.
Old May 13th 2011, 7:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Kydney_Stone
What am I gonna know about that? You taking the piss? You wanna come over 'ere and ask that?
Old May 13th 2011, 7:28 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

oops sorry dbd I quoted the wrong person.
Surprisingly it is. It's also to do with joint movement apparently.
Old May 13th 2011, 7:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Ah, move a joint over here then, I could do with chillin'
Old May 13th 2011, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Kydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud of

So it is, several lines down on google.

Didn't I read something from you on the 'bored in Canada' thread?
Old May 13th 2011, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

What am I gonna know about that? You taking the piss? You wanna come over 'ere and ask that?
OH NO! Please. (whimper).
Old May 13th 2011, 7:35 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't I read something from you on the 'bored in Canada' thread?
It's a work day innit.
Old May 13th 2011, 7:43 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

It's a work day innit.
A slooooooow work day........
Old May 13th 2011, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

It's a work day innit.
And it's Friday!
**the 13th**

So you don't post on weekends?
Old May 13th 2011, 7:50 pm

And it's Friday!
**the 13th**

So you don't post on weekends?
It depends. The downside of having a computer connected to the TV is that it's always on, so having a quick look doesn't take very long. If it's pissing it down, I'll take a break from killing video game bad guys and check the forum every now and then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.