had enough!

Old Jan 24th 2013, 4:38 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: had enough!

Originally Posted by Tim Dart
I was just giving my opinion as to what I missed. Your right it is up to the individual hence I used 'I' in that sentence. I was living in the Maritimes when I moved back to the uk. It's a very relaxing way of life compared to the uk.
I didn't mean to be rude. It's just that you hear about the laid back attitude a lot,, especially about the west coast, but it seems to me that its used as an excuse for crap service by people who think they should be doing something better.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

sonnyjames is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add some balance, from my perspective, having moved here a year ago. I've found Torontonians to be friendlier than anyone from just about anywhere I've ever been (maybe apart from Wisconsin, where they were falling over themselves to talk to you). Certainly the 'average' Torontonians I've met seem friendlier than the 'average' people I'd meet in the UK, anyway.

My experience has been that people have gone out of their way to invite us round / to Thanksgiving / Christmas / join soccer teams...and the people we've met subsequently have been great, too.

Guess it depends on the people you work with and the areas you live in tho. Perhaps we've been lucky.

Often find a lot of people on here seem down on Toronto. Maybe I'm still new enough to it that I'm still in the honeymoon period, but I think the city - and the people - is fantastic.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 5:06 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I never had a problem with the people there, it was the traffic that got me. Calgary is better. People here are a bit half-soaked though, if it wasn't for all the people moving here from back east, nothing would happen.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 5:12 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway miss Gary Lineker and the boys on a saturday night...

I think this line of his second post says it all. He really misses the British falling down drunken, vomiting, pissing in public street louts that seem to inhabit UK cities on a Saturday night, to say nothing of the like women falling down and flashing their knickers and boobs to all and sundry.
Yes, please go back and leave us to our boring ways.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Tim Dart is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't mean to be rude. It's just that you hear about the laid back attitude a lot,, especially about the west coast, but it seems to me that its used as an excuse for crap service by people who think they should be doing something better.
No worries. I understand.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 5:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
to say nothing of the like women falling down and flashing their knickers and boobs to all and sundry.
Could you tell us some more about this, please?
Old Jan 24th 2013, 5:24 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Could you tell us some more about this, please?
I think the technical term is Northern Culture.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

I think this line of his second post says it all. He really misses the British falling down drunken, vomiting, pissing in public street louts that seem to inhabit UK cities on a Saturday night, to say nothing of the like women falling down and flashing their knickers and boobs to all and sundry.
No, I think he means that he misses watching "Match of the Day", with Gary Lineker and the boys. And do you think that Canadians do not piss in public and get falling-down drunk?
Old Jan 24th 2013, 5:32 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit I really do not like soccer. I would genuinely prefer to stare at paint drying on a wall for 90 minutes. Not a huge hockey fan either, but it's more interesting than soccer. It's just too long, I can watch a third period though.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

jack bauer is just really nicejack bauer is just really nicejack bauer is just really nicejack bauer is just really nicejack bauer is just really nicejack bauer is just really nicejack bauer is just really nicejack bauer is just really nice

Get a life...why dont you? I started a little thread just to start a conversation.. and you come back with a snarky comment....... you , quite literally, have substantiated my claims ...oh!.. and by the way the line "Gary Lineker and the boys" refers to a football show on Saturday night.... as for English yob culture..have you seen Toronto on a saturday night? Drunken girls everywhere, flashing ... obviously not..probably sat on a sofa eating cheetos watching smallville...

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 24th 2013 at 7:07 pm. Reason: Personal abuse removed - pls note rule 1.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 7:39 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jack bauer;10503685].have you seen Toronto on a saturday night? Drunken girls everywhere, flashing ...QUOTE]

Hmm I live downtown and don't really recall seeing that kind of thing.
If Toronto isn't for you fair enough but you're not really describing the place I've lived in for the past 5 years
Old Jan 24th 2013, 7:43 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Zoe Bell;10503748]
Originally Posted by jack bauer
.have you seen Toronto on a saturday night? Drunken girls everywhere, flashing ...QUOTE]

Hmm I live downtown and don't really recall seeing that kind of thing.
If Toronto isn't for you fair enough but you're not really describing the place I've lived in for the past 5 years
That, plus fights, looks just Granville St. in Vancouver every Friday and Saturday night. Even with the plod on every block.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 7:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
i watch Gary and the boys Saturday afternoon instead
Me too...well...about 6.30 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2013, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

clay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to allclay is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jack bauer
Get a life...why dont you? I started a little thread just to start a conversation.. and you come back with a snarky comment....... you , quite literally, have substantiated my claims ...oh!.. and by the way the line "Gary Lineker and the boys" refers to a football show on Saturday night.... as for English yob culture..have you seen Toronto on a saturday night? Drunken girls everywhere, flashing ... obviously not..probably sat on a sofa eating cheetos watching smallville...
, you summed him up there, .lol... but wait.. canadians don't do these sort of things surely... there too busy running people over on cross walks ..
Old Jan 24th 2013, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

You don't say how old you are? are your friends all from work?

I live in Calgary and have got in with a lovely bunch of ladies from Calgary that I met in the school playground. (I know I have been lucky tho!)

I also have British friends that I have met through this site and made friends with their friends (some have been here a lot longer than me).

For sure there are people I met here that I really don't click with and don't want to be friends with but making good friends that have your back takes time. Some smile so much they make me antsy and I don't really like superficial people. That's one thing that has taken a while to get used to - almost how over-friendly people are. That makes me uncomfortable at times.

You have given it a good shot tho - it's not as if you have been here 6 months. What do you really miss about England? (aside from soccer)

Have you thought about Calgary for instance? if you are into outdoor stuff there is a ton of stuff here to do. Mountains are 40 minutes away and stunning.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.