Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

contraceptive warning!!

contraceptive warning!!

Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:01 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: contraceptive warning!!

Originally Posted by minimeeze
(I think being a health professional helped!).
Possibly having the "Dr" in front of my name (although not that kind of doctor) helped here; there's nothing quite like discussing molecular genetics with a fellow Oxford man as he takes a blade to your scrotum.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gotoronto
All prescriptions cost money here - and they don't come cheap either. None of your NHS cheap prescriptions. Can run into hundreds of dollars, depending on what you need.

Some jobs give you benefits through which you can reclaim 80% or so of the costs. I also here there is a way to reclaim some of it otherwise as a sort of tax break - but I have no idea how that works, to be honest.
Not all prescriptions cost money, some medications in some provinces, BC is this case are covered by MSP, in BC for instance those on psychiatric medications can apply to have MSP cover the cost in full.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:57 am
Yorkshire Lass

Emmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bazzz
Or if you don't want any, full stop. I was surprised how easy it was to convince both my GP and the urologist to emasculate me, despite being 30, unmarried and childless. I think I heard one of them muttering "Christ, we can't let you breed!".
Bazzz

from some of the threads you have posted, this does not suprise anyone love........

Emmjay
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Out of interest, does it work out the same price, regardless of how many packs you buy? ie, is there one dispensing fee, regardless of whether you get 1 months supply or 6 ? Or buy 5, get one free You know what I mean ....
With my insulin, I only pay one dispensing fee. Unfortunately, I understand one is only allowed to be provided with a maximum of 3 months supply.

HTH
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gotoronto
... unless you have family in the UK, request prescription refill by post, GP mails it to family address, family picks it up and mails across. Not sure if you get this kind of thing through customs, though?
Right, so it's not OK for all the immigrants to the UK (that are likely paying taxes etc) to claim "free" NHS healthcare (a la Daily Mail), but it is OK for non-residents (that are not likely to be paying taxes etc) to "use" the NHS. No wonder the UK has the problems it does.

I accept you did not make any comments about immigrants to the UK. It's just that this kind of attitude really p&sses me off
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:39 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
The doctor who did our CHC medicals for our PR did his own vasectomy Had a newspaper article on the wall to prove it
Ah you got yours done in Horsham didn't you. Read about him.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:42 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I believe he also posted a video of it on the web , not the way to persuade your bloke to have it done !!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:46 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bazzz
Possibly having the "Dr" in front of my name (although not that kind of doctor) helped here; there's nothing quite like discussing molecular genetics with a fellow Oxford man as he takes a blade to your scrotum.
My scrotum slicer was very reassuring.

"Relax; I've done this before".
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Ah you got yours done in Horsham didn't you. Read about him.
Yes - lovely chap !

He was happy to book hubby in "for free" and he donates the fee to a local charity. Didn't take him up on the offer in the end - still on the "to-do" list
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

when you get more than 1 packet then the fee goes down a little..in the end instead of paying for one $22 i got two for $36..but its not like the uk buy one get one free..just pay less for dispensing..and my walmart wouldnt let me have anymore then two packs at a time...just called costco and they work out about $5 cheaper but it is an hour and half drive from me..we are going to regina this weekend so it works out ok this time..but im not sure after paying gas it would work out cheaper...as for the vasectomy thing my partner wouldnt even think of it right now as i think after we got our PR we will have another baby..his 2nd and my 5th (oh my poor abused body) lol. good to read about every guys nuts on here thought lol
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:12 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I had my 'snip' done deep in farming country in Norfolk. My GP recommended this guy to do it, "the best snipper in the whole of East Anglia."

He was only available on one day each month, as the rest of the time he was busy doing the pigs.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
when you get more than 1 packet then the fee goes down a little
Costco are doing vasectomies now?
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:52 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
when you get more than 1 packet then the fee goes down a little..
Originally Posted by Souvenir
Not so sure about vasectomies but if you can get more than one "package" there's hope for me yet.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:53 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Not without being a member.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H
Not without being a member.
As I recall, we are often stopped on the way out of Costco so that someone can check our till receipt against the merchandise. I would love to have that receipt in my hand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.