Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

contraceptive warning!!

contraceptive warning!!

Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: contraceptive warning!!

Originally Posted by iaink
I would willingly pay $22 a month insurance to avoid an accident that resulted in $250000+ in damage.

My nuts are on the block...its taken nearly 5 months to get an initial consultation with the local urologist...who knows how long after that for the deed to be done.
The guy who did my 'procedure' had a phone number something like 1-800-LAS-TKID....he himself had 7 kids so I'm not sure about the validity of the procedure.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:45 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Vasectomy for him is free though innit
Is it not free in Ontario?

I don't remember paying anything in Alberta when I had mine done many years ago.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Location: always wishing i was somewhere else, getting there and wishing i was somewhere else again.
smiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud ofsmiges33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Old Aug 28th 2008, 9:59 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by R I C H
Give him at least 24hrs off after the procedure - excess swelling's not always a good thing
Never mind booking them in they say two bricks are as good as anything and some frozen peas for afters to kill the pain.

After childbirth seems a dawdle to me!!!!

Carol
Old Aug 28th 2008, 10:16 pm
River

River is an unknown quantity at this point

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that the Vasectomy is free on O.H.I.P.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
she said that will be $22 for just 1 packet
Out of interest, does it work out the same price, regardless of how many packs you buy? ie, is there one dispensing fee, regardless of whether you get 1 months supply or 6 ? Or buy 5, get one free You know what I mean ....
Old Aug 29th 2008, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
The guy who did my 'procedure' had a phone number something like 1-800-LAS-TKID.
The doctor who did our CHC medicals for our PR did his own vasectomy Had a newspaper article on the wall to prove it
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:02 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Book a holiday to Mexico. You can buy all the regular BCPs, and most other medicines in pharmacies without a prescription. The same brands, etc.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:06 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by River
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think that the Vasectomy is free on O.H.I.P.
Not only that, but you get your nutsack shaved at no extra cost.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:32 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:36 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
I think that I was more annoyed with my doctor (who has a bit of a god complex, but theres a shortage of doctors here so I cant change) insisted that the pills were the same when even a layperson such as myself could see from the leaflet that they had different compositions of hormones.....
I love a man who lives on the edge (laughs hysterically):curse:
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

My nuts are on the block...its taken nearly 5 months to get an initial consultation with the local urologist...who knows how long after that for the deed to be done.
Not to put anyone off but....when I was a student nurse, I saw a vas go very wrong. It all turned out OK but the pain that poor bloke through until an anaethetist turned up to knock him out, I'll never forget. No surgeon gonna mess with my balls for sure!!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby has his done a couple of months ago and he was in and out of hosp within 20 mins and fine within 24 hrs. If you really don't want anymore kids then it's definitely the way to go!

Personally, I'd have loved another one or two and am quite broody at the mo but that's another thread!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:48 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If you really don't want any more kids then it's definitely the way to go!
Or if you don't want any, full stop. I was surprised how easy it was to convince both my GP and the urologist to emasculate me, despite being 30, unmarried and childless. I think I heard one of them muttering "Christ, we can't let you breed!".
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bazzz
Or if you don't want any, full stop. I was surprised how easy it was to convince both my GP and the urologist to emasculate me, despite being 30, unmarried and childless. I think I heard one of them muttering "Christ, we can't let you breed!".

Best way to go! I had no problems either being a childless 32 year old female in a new relationship (I think being a health professional helped!). At least that's one worry off my mind
Feel sorry for all the people who require contraception though. Are there no free family planning services in Canada at all?? What do the youngsters do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.