Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

contraceptive warning!!

contraceptive warning!!

Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future
Default contraceptive warning!!

hi, i went along to my doctor yesterday to get my contraceptive pill ...got the prescription..went along to walmart to get my pill at the chemist there as ive been told they are the cheapest for charges..i nearly past out when she said that will be $22 for just 1 packet it would work out cheaper to have a another baby in the long run...anyone have any suggestions

also i have bought an acerage with hundreds upon hundreds of damn grass hoppers..ive never seen so many..and i didnt know that some of them fly too...any suggestions how i can get rid of them..bareing in mind i have kids and puppies

thanks all
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: contraceptive warning!!

Originally Posted by clairemarie70 View Post
also i have bought an acerage with hundreds upon hundreds of damn grass hoppers..ive never seen so many..and i didnt know that some of them fly too...any suggestions how i can get rid of them..bareing in mind i have kids and puppies
Train the kids and puppies to eat them?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:17 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, i went along to my doctor yesterday to get my contraceptive pill ...got the prescription..went along to walmart to get my pill at the chemist there as ive been told they are the cheapest for charges..i nearly past out when she said that will be $22 for just 1 packet it would work out cheaper to have a another baby in the long run...anyone have any suggestions

thanks all
Is there a Costco nearby.

I can't say for sure as I have never used them but I've seen reports that Costco charges the lowest dispensing fees.

I also understand that you do not need to be a member to get prescriptions filled, just tell the person on the door that you are going to the pharmacy.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:21 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

hi, i went along to my doctor yesterday to get my contraceptive pill ...got the prescription..went along to walmart to get my pill at the chemist there as ive been told they are the cheapest for charges..i nearly past out when she said that will be $22 for just 1 packet:eek: it would work out cheaper to have a another baby in the long run...anyone have any suggestions

thanks all
how much better get a big supply in b4 leaving UK
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:22 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

she said that will be $22 for just 1 packet it would work out cheaper to have a another baby in the long run...anyone have any suggestions

also i have bought an acerage with hundreds upon hundreds of damn grass hoppers..ive never seen so many..and i didnt know that some of them fly too...any suggestions how i can get rid of them..bareing in mind i have kids and puppiesl
Q1 Abstenance, or sterilization are both cheaper.

Q2 The hoppers will die soon when the weather's colder. They're not known to cause harm to kids or dogs. Rest easy.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice

goodness, this hadnt even occured to me!! $22, that is extortionate!!! I will have to add to my pre departure list getting a repeat prescription in the uk!!!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:25 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

I left the UK with 6 months worth of blood pressure & cholesterol tablets.............just got my first prescription in Canada, 3 months worth of pills was $514!!!!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:27 pm

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H View Post
Q1 Abstenance, or sterilization are both cheaper.

Q2 The hoppers will die soon when the weather's colder. They're not known to cause harm to kids or dogs. Rest easy.
Q1- that's a thought, departure list get the OH booked in
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:28 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming View Post
Q1- that's a thought, departure list get the OH booked in
I guess you're not thinking abstenance?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:30 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, i went along to my doctor yesterday to get my contraceptive pill ...got the prescription..went along to walmart to get my pill at the chemist there as ive been told they are the cheapest for charges..i nearly past out when she said that will be $22 for just 1 packet
You gotta pay in Canada? Shit.
First the low-cost airline going bust, and now this.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:30 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

thanks all
I got all the prescriptions I need on a regular basis before leaving the UK, but that will not help you much now... unless you have family in the UK, request prescription refill by post, GP mails it to family address, family picks it up and mails across. Not sure if you get this kind of thing through customs, though?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H View Post
I guess you're not thinking abstenance?
not yet
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:33 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ireland2canada View Post
You gotta pay in Canada? Shit.
First the low-cost airline going bust, and now this.
All prescriptions cost money here - and they don't come cheap either. None of your NHS cheap prescriptions. Can run into hundreds of dollars, depending on what you need.

Some jobs give you benefits through which you can reclaim 80% or so of the costs. I also here there is a way to reclaim some of it otherwise as a sort of tax break - but I have no idea how that works, to be honest.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:34 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Thumbnails contraceptive warning!!-familyplanning.jpg  
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:34 pm
Pea Brain

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming View Post
not yet
Give him at least 24hrs off after the procedure - excess swelling's not always a good thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.